• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

I bought 2 RE040's for the front a couple of months ago. The fitter originally quoted for RE050's but recomended the 40's as they were £15 cheaper per tyre. Paid £220 fitted, will be getting the rears replaced within the month.

New tyres

Just got my self new tyres which are 225/35 r18 conti sports 3 I think they are well worth getting good tyre

Hi Guys,
I put on a full set of Avon ZZ3's (205/45/17/w) on my CTR 53 plate 2 months ago, there not bad in the wet but seem to be quite soft in the dry, I work for a tyre company so I am quite lucky to test them out and if I don't like them get rid, I will be keeping these on but they are wearing quite fast ! I think ill go back to the bridgstones next time !

I had some of these and I noticed they wore quickly after my Frsu. Do rate them though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for new tyres, as the ones I have aren't that great and need replacing shortly :lol:. Advice and/or info would be good.

These are the current ones i'm looking at:

1) Bridgestone Potenza RE050
2) Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
3) Avon ZV5

Yes or no?
Feedback would be good. Thanks!

Always had Bridgestone Potenza's on the CTR and can't complain. Good in the dry, excellent in the wet, probably the best tyre going into the winter.

I went from, worn admittedly, RE050As to F1A2s on my FN2. The Goodyears were a massive improvement.

I've just had some yoko paradas fitted to mine, and although I came from Mickey Mouse tyres they are very good. Even fine on the wet to be honest and lots of people said they are *****! Standing water could be an issue but I just avoid/drive slowly when required. On a wet road I have found them to be fine to be honest. And we'll priced too. I went for 215 40 17 rather than the normal 205's that most go for. They are a little more expensive but the extra width gives added rim protection (ooh err) and I think looks better on a standard car. Not a fan of stretch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got Michelin Pilot Exalto2 205/45 R17 ZR 88W on mine. When I bought the car a few years ago it had two of these and two Kumho ecsta tyres. The Kumho tyres lasted no time at all so I decided to swap them for the Michelin tyres so they all matched.

My thoughts on the Michelin tyres are the wear is excellent, grip is good in the wet and dry, (the Kumho tyres felt like they had more grip in the dry), noise is good. My complaints about the Michelin tyres are the price (Kwik fit £250 each 5 years ago/ actually paid £150 each), also they seem to be susceptible to punctures a lot. Also I am now being told that they are no longer available, I am looking at other options, hence looking over the thread.

My current plan is to put the standard tyre back on the car, which I believe is the Bridgestone Potenza (but I can’t remember what RE??? number)

I fancy trying some AD08's following the excellent reviews. I know they are top of the price range, but what sizes will work on standard rims and has anyone got photo's of them fitted?

Preferably 215 45 17 or even 205 45 17 (if that size is available)

I found a pic of them in 215 x 40 x 17:

9100806947_dfaae4c08f_h_zpsa0434952.jpg

Due four new tyres shortly for my EP3 and looking at Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2s in the standard 205/45 R17 fitment. My question is what load rating to choose? The version that comes up for the EP3 on Goodyear's website is an 84 rating but the only rating sold by nearly all the main online retailers is the 88 rating. Which have other people used on the EP3 and how did they feel? Can anyone offer a comparison between them and the RE050s (84) as that is what I currently have all round?

I would love to hear some real experience of the different load ratings and how they rate against the RE050s! :)

At 95K and neary 10 years old the time came again for all four tyres to be replaced. I've always fitted RE040s since new, however with the demise of this tyre and the price of RE050's at £150 each I could not justify this amount for 4 tyres in my Civics senior years!

I've fitted a set of Kumho Ecsta Le Sports after some pretty good online reviews. This and they are A rated for wet braking and C for fuel consumption.

Verdict, they are fantastic! ride, noise and wet behavior greatly improved on the old Bridgestones. Am amazed. Got them for £75 each thru black circles with a discount code.

Well worth a look in if you are looking for a mid-range tyre.

Mark.

Just bought 2 re050's for £130 each at Hi-Q. When the rears needed renewing quickly a while ago I could only get re050's with the 88 v rating which from memory are rated for approx 143mph so just went for them. I assumed that the recommended rating is 84w due to the official top speed being 146mph.

I've just had to replace my front tyres and wanted to keep Bridgestone as they have been good to me so far. Had RE050a all round but was told these are being replaced with S001.
Purchased two Bridgestone S001 from F1 Autocentres for £107.50 each.

Back