• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don’t think this is ugly.

8b7e24732baa398f2b7aa72e97facd83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clubsport was made in seriously low numbers.

I'd argue that the Clubsport dilutes the range?! To me it does. To most non-petrolheads they only know the GTI moniker, some may know the R moniker. But Clubsport - what's that?!

I'm a believer in making a clear cut car range. I understand manufacturers have to diversify to make more sales but all these coupe SUVs and GTI Clubsports etc seriously irritate me. Cupra are a case in point, it was all getting OTT so a new brand had to be born.

That's why i like and was drawn to Honda. Here's the basic range. Here's the mental one. That's it.

Maybe that's why Honda don't sell as many cars but i like it.

Completely agree with you here.

For me the Golf GTI is no longer a special car. Have the GTI and the R as the mental one, too many models variations and confusions now.

Fishing for FK8 owner's...
You can get a bite every day on here..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You are not fishing for FK8 owners. Simply justifying why I left the FK2 community. There are an awful lot of people picking any hole they can in the FK8. In an attempt to make themselves feel better for spending 30k on a car that got replaced by a better model. I hardly think telling FK8 owners you think their cars are “fugly” is fishing. If it makes you all feel better crack on.

Picked this bad boy up yesterday.
The fk8 in my opinion is the best looking car out there. The drive is really good and very practical for a everyday car. Reason for the change of car is I'm never going to do a track day , as we all knwo the crap weather we have here so can't use the power most of the time and mainly the bad attitude I get from honda regarding all the issues I have had.
The a45 is not as good looking nor as advanced technically but I can use the power all the time and holy sh* t that launch control is amazing.
I will miss the fk8 but the Amg is more fun for what I want.

Picked this bad boy up yesterday.
The fk8 in my opinion is the best looking car out there. The drive is really good and very practical for a everyday car. Reason for the change of car is I'm never going to do a track day , as we all knwo the crap weather we have here so can't use the power most of the time and mainly the bad attitude I get from honda regarding all the issues I have had.
The a45 is not as good looking nor as advanced technically but I can use the power all the time and holy sh* t that launch control is amazing.
I will miss the fk8 but the Amg is more fun for what I want.

Its about horses for courses Matthew. Totally agree that you cant use all the power all the time in these weather. I would love to know what the launch control is like, bet its brutal!

You are not fishing for FK8 owners. Simply justifying why I left the FK2 community. There are an awful lot of people picking any hole they can in the FK8. In an attempt to make themselves feel better for spending 30k on a car that got replaced by a better model. I hardly think telling FK8 owners you think their cars are “fugly” is fishing. If it makes you all feel better crack on.

Works both ways, fk8-fk2 banter, fk2-fk8 banter, it's just fk8 owners see it as fk2 owners being butt hurt (that's not me having a dig at anyone)
Both great cars in my eyes, I think it's nice to have a bit banter between the 2, when the new one is out we'll be seeing fk8-? Banter

Back