• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Diskloks

Yeah the back seats are a bit of a let down. :(
I don't have a phone that's compatible with wireless charging so keep that function turned off.
Sunroof would be nice.....I've not had one of them for decades. :D

You can buy phone covers that convert your phone to allow wireless charging

I use Android Auto most of the time, and I think that only works when connected via USB, so the wireless charging is pretty much irrelevant in my case.

You can buy phone covers that convert your phone to allow wireless charging

You can??
Crikey.. this is why I should learn to google stuff more often before I buy stuff.
Geeze!!!

(for sale: iPhone X. Hardly used. Bought by mistake) lol

The disklok marks the wheel so I got the bar through the wheel thingy which has the highest thatcham rating which is purely a deterrent as I know they can saw the steering wheel but I am sure I would hear that as my missus farts a lot but quietly and I always wake at that....or maybe it's the smell.

I alsO have the faraday pouch, very visual night vision cameras plus something in my bed side table.

We have had loads of car crime recently on our estate and it's the high volume cars where they can sell for parts to scum bag repair shops and garages. We actually caught some thieving scum on our cameras that were having a recce on my missus cooper s, but as she has a lock they nicked the one 5 doors down instead. Our car is not common enough for that, a joy rider might have a pop and it could be stolen to order and go to Africa but I am not as worried as say a focus RS owner...

The disklok marks the wheel...
They sell a wheel cover that you can put over the wheel before attaching the disklok, there are some images of it on their website. I am planning on travelling with the car soon and I will get one. Don't want to get up and see that the car is not in the hotel parking lot xD

The sock only covers the wheel, it's the face of the wheel that gets marked up,
I drape a tea towel over the wheel then use the disklok sock to hold it in place, 3 years in and no marks on the wheel

With my Focus ST having keyless start, I had thought about one of these. But I think I’ll just get a key pouch.

Thought I'd reuse this thread regards faraday bags and not advertise this using a new thread - ensure you test them regularly
I am seeing numerous reports on Amazon and other forums that the bags stop working after a while.

Either get a bag with a decent guarantee
Or resort to a custom made shielding box, this looks good https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpha-Sh...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Or line the old useless bag with foil, might prolong the blocking properties
Or a biscuit tin lined in foil

Don't forget the spare key needs protection separately, a bag might be fine as you aren't regularly taking it out, reducing wear/tear of the blocking fabric (or just take the battery out)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah this is a great bump.....Only last week was I able to unlock my car with my keys still zipped up in the pouch. Time for a better one...

There was an fk2 owner who went somewhere to be dropped off, he got out his wife jumped in the driver's seat, started it up and drove off,
The scary thing was the keys were in his possession, disklok is the only deterrent, ghost immobiliser could be a good purchase

i started with insurance when i looked at securing the FK2. no premium change with or without extra security - diskloc through to trackers.
my biggest problem with removable physical security is where to store it. last thing i want is the weight of a diskloc rolling around in the back when enjoying the road or even worse having that much weight free to do as it wishes in an accident.

Assuming ghost is the same as blackjack, then i've read a few too many blackjack owners having reliability issues so worth looking into the reliability side of things. not sure if it's a product or a tech issue with that though.

Disklok sits perfectly in the rear footwell with no movement, you can get a disklok bag that has Velcro for securing

There was an fk2 owner who went somewhere to be dropped off, he got out his wife jumped in the driver's seat, started it up and drove off,
The scary thing was the keys were in his possession, disklok is the only deterrent, ghost immobiliser could be a good purchase

Sales manager told me he accidentally let a customer drive off home in his FK8 demonstrator and only realised the keys were still in his pocket when the Customer had already driven off and arrived home 20 miles away to only then telephone in to the dealership and ask "I've stopped the car, but now how do I lock it?" :lol:

I thought all keyless systems had a safeguard setup where you can't drive the car further than a set distance without having the transponder unit near, e.g. if you go over 10 metres away from the key, the car shuts down?

I thought all keyless systems had a safeguard setup where you can't drive the car further than a set distance without having the transponder unit near, e.g. if you go over 10 metres away from the key, the car shuts down?

I drove about 15 miles in the Mrs' civic while she had the key, all i got was a key symbol flashing on the dash and some beeps.

The car manufacturers won’t make them shut off when out of range of the key for safety reasons. It’s relatively common to discover a high end car left unlocked and running somewhere remote so the thieves know if it’s got a tracker or not. If it’s not recovered, they jump back in and drive to Dover.

Brilliant, so some genius comes up with keyless entry/start, cars get nicked, insurance prices rise. Congratulations to the PHD brain that came up with that idea :rolleyes:

Back