• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Shell V-Power

Since having Type R's and a number of other performance cars from 2005 or so, the only difference I've ever noticed between V Power and Tesco Momentum (or whatever they've both been called over the years) is the price.

/\ This

I only use Vpower and have been in all my cars, regardless of engine size or car type. It keeps the engine cleaner, I get a few more miles per tank normally and there is a tiny performance boost for some vehicles, but that's mainly a bonus.

An extra £3-£4 a tank doesn't bother me.

I agree an extra £3 - £4 per tank is worth it just for cleaner better fuel, plus with the shell points card I do get a few decent vouchers every 4 months which sometimes is around a £12 voucher as I use quite a bit of fuel, so well worth using Shell v power in my opinion, but each there own I guess?

Since having Type R's and a number of other performance cars from 2005 or so, the only difference I've ever noticed between V Power and Tesco Momentum (or whatever they've both been called over the years) is the price.

And the smell, since moving to Tesco 99 from V Power the arse end smells more pungent, guessing from the ethanol or something.

Even 99 is getting expensive so I just bought a bicycle for my commute :lol:

I only Shell V Power in my ep3 it's around £1.38.99 £1.39.99
Also they have club card where you gather points every 4 months you get voucher and the app is good they give 100 bonus points by filling up 15 litres every week

I filled up my type r the first few times with V power, but, I noticed it was nearly £1.40/litre, so switched across to Tesco, which is currently £1.33/litre When you cover 500 miles per week, every little bit of saving helps!

Always fill up with Sainsburys premium. Normally the cheapest premium around and the Nectar points.

I generally don't give a flying toss about fuel prices as it's a toy due to working in London Town so it's not used much and also it's an S3, **** it I want to enjoy it. Think I'm on about 25mpg average really.

Will be putting a full tank in tonight though as off to Nottingham on Thursday afternoon. Will report back their prices. I'm expecting 1.32.

Always makes me laugh, most of us don't give a second thought about spending a grand or so on mods yet get all het up with the cost of fuel.

Back