Home
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tuned their FK8?

I personally dont see the attraction in chipping these cars, particularly if Honda wont stand over them. From what I've heard from others, Honda dont even want to stand over things they are responsible for let alone this messing. If there is an issue you can be sure that you will be responsible for the repair costs. Is 300+ bhp from a fwd car not enough?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by soichiro View Post
    I personally dont see the attraction in chipping these cars, particularly if Honda wont stand over them. From what I've heard from others, Honda dont even want to stand over things they are responsible for let alone this messing. If there is an issue you can be sure that you will be responsible for the repair costs. Is 300+ bhp from a fwd car not enough?

Don't get me wrong, the car is quick, does sometimes struggle to get the power down as it is, BUT I have always felt the car lacks mid range punch, so the extra torque is what attracts me.

I am coming to the end of my pcp in sept so warranty won't bother me then, just probing Sam at north wales Honda see what's what now. I know what's happening, he or they won't dare go on record in writing so are being very vague...
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

I am getting nowhere with North Wales Honda regarding the warranty terms which is telling in itself, but they did provide this dyno chart

Dyno by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,386 Posts

It's more than likely just a kick-back scheme, where the dealership get a back-handed payment for each successful referral.

And with everyone being so stumph regarding warranty, I'd also be inclined to expect that neither party would cover anything should something arise - either both blaming each other or HUK just outright refusing anyway.

Thanked 8,328 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mondie View Post
    I am getting nowhere with North Wales Honda regarding the warranty terms which is telling in itself
    As I and others have said, you're not going to get a warranty with a map, so stop wasting time and getting your hopes up over a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    As I and others have said, you're not going to get a warranty with a map, so stop wasting time and getting your hopes up over a dead end.
    ah come on...it's been fun pressing the dealer...
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

https://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty - not worth the paper it's written on.

"No sum in respect of economic or consequential loss is payable"

If having to pay out for an engine repair doesn't constitute economic loss, I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by soichiro View Post

It is, I don't think if anything I get more from my exhaust, only time I ever felt lacking power was up against a 720s the other week

Off the mark I don't even bother trying, in the wet even less so, rarely use full beans in 2nd unless completely dry then you still lose traction. It has plenty of power for the road, on track it struggles from heat so more power is not going to help, I'd invest in better brakes, open up the grille and vents in the bonnet then putting the car on a diet, then after all that I may look at power.
    If I was keeping mine I'd look at these areas in more detail, weight saving would be expensive and difficult, can't see much benefit in light bonnet it is already light but getting one with better ventilation might be the cheap option and you may save a kilo, lighter brakes, lighter wheels would all be good.

Happy Friday All

Car's in for its 3rd service today, slightly earlier than May in previous years, oil must be fooked..

Anyway, in other news here is the response from North Wales Honda on the Warranty question:

"If there are any issues with the vehicle that are not affected by the superchips program are covered by Honda warrant and anything effected by superchips is covered by them. But only if the vehicle is used in correct manner."

So as has been said, I am sure Honda will reject most due to ECU remap and then 'anything effected by superchips' is so broad and could be counter argued, so it means nothing...

And good luck on the correct manner definition..!

What a lame response, its not even a proper sentence. It would be hard to write something more vague and less reassuring. Clowns.