• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GOT AIRCON £880, ALL FITTED AND GASED :)

RickHondaR

R-32840
CTR Aircon dilemma and questions

I have been thinking of buying Aircon to fit to my CTR, I found a few sellers who said they have everything required but im not 100% sure.

This kit seems to go for any thing between £100 - £500 and costs new about £800 form Honda.

Parts I know you 100% require are as follows

• Aircon radiator
  • Aircon pump and mounting bracket and bolts
  • pump belt
  • all hoses and clips
  • different heater blower box which also includes a probe
  • different heater buttons in the dash
  • a temperature probe to the left of the steering wheel in the triangle with the slotted holes
  • a temperature probe in the square plate in the middle of the dash next to the window screen
  • dryer / receiver unit, spoke to neighbour who works at Honda and when he was at work he got me some info, now this part once used cannot be reused once the Aircon system has been exposed to fresh air as it collects moisture and then the Aircon doesn’t get cold. This costs approx £150+vat for a new unit
Now I also suspect a few more parts or wiring comes with the genuine Honda kit or maybe some of the parts listed are for climate control not aircon so can anyone else shed any light on any more parts etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I go to Honda for parts I go in the back with the parts dude (ooer) and he has every part listed of the CTR on a 3D model on a computer, with the part numbers listed. They will have all the info you need on there mate

That`s bollocks mate, I`ve seen the software they use to order parts. Everything fitted on the car is on a computer program with part number etc. They`re trying to get you to buy the whole unit

Tried calling Dave J at Steels? Though I think he may be on Holiday.

i think you just change the airbox for the heating all i do know is this can be fitted and gased in less than 3 hours so it cant be that hard, problem i will have is studying the parts and instructions to order the bits missing

dryer / receiver unit, spoke to neighbour who works at Honda and when he was at work he got me some info, now this part once used cannot be reused once the Aircon system has been exposed to fresh air as it collects moisture and then the Aircon doesn’t get cold. This costs approx £150+vat for a new unit

depending what it costs to gas i might try and get away with this but any more than £35 and i wont try my luck, i have been told this is 50/50 but the price i paid i can afford new no problem

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Honda manual thingy for Civic 01-05 on CD

I can bring a copy along on Sunday if it helps you Rick?

yes that would be great, i have a disc but not great info on the aircon

Mmm. Same here, havent had a real good look though. I'll bring it anyway.
I suggest you speak to Grantham Honda. They really seem to know their stuff.

just bought a kit for £127 inc postage im sure a few bits are missing but for what i paid i can buy them new no problem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=001

This was a lemon had to open dispute for refund as seller was selling 1.6 civic aircon and saying it fitted a type r plus loads of parts missing :mad::mad:

Trying now to buy this of Aaron on CTRO but he says im messing him about yet he wont confirm and prove with pictures i get everything needed, I have the cash but wont commit to a price until i see the condition of the parts and that they are also all there:(

Otherwise will buy new from Holdcroft Honda in Stoke cost is £860 and TBH will put £500 on value of the car so its not that bad plus i know i have everything and its all good

CTR Aircon dilemma and questions

• a temperature probe to the left of the steering wheel in the triangle with the slotted holes
  • a temperature probe in the square plate in the middle of the dash next to the window screen

Are you sure you need these bits as well?
I think they are only required for the climate control models e.g Facelift Sport.

yes you are correct i found all this out at the weekend when i also found out i had been stitched up with the aircon kit of ebay, that is all resolved now as the seller was a lot more helpfull once paypal had place my money on hold

I need

1. the buttons from the dash - I have this
2. a probe from the heater box behind the glove box - I have this
3. the Aircon rad from the heater box - I have this
4. all the pipes and clips and bolts
5. Aircon radiator and fan plus mounting brackets
6. Aircon compressor plus bracket and bolts
7. compressor belt
8. the receiver dryer unit this must be sealed airtight as soon as removed to keep moisture out otherwise it will need replacing at a cost of £130 an airtight sandwich bag and sandwich box may be a good idea

maybe a few other bits but this very close, I just need all the bits from the engine bay as i have the parts from inside the car

The price you have for A/C new from the Stoke honda is very good.

My local Honda in Exeter did price it up for me including fitting/gassed etc and that was £1147:eek:

They also informed me that they cant get it anymore,

Some extra info for you. Believe you dont need the temp sensor to the left of the steering wheel or the square one that sits in the middle front of the dash as that is for the sport models that have climate control (posh A/C) which also include auto function on the fan speed and direction. The temperature dial has temp numbers where as the ctr just has blue to red for the temp.

The price you have for A/C new from the Stoke honda is very good.

My local Honda in Exeter did price it up for me including fitting/gassed etc and that was £1147:eek: FITTED? THATS A GOOD PRICE

They also informed me that they cant get it anymore, WRONG local dealer say there are 5 kits in stock in belguim, Holdcroft confirmed this

Some extra info for you. Believe you dont need the temp sensor to the left of the steering wheel or the square one that sits in the middle front of the dash as that is for the sport models that have climate control (posh A/C) which also include auto function on the fan speed and direction. The temperature dial has temp numbers where as the ctr just has blue to red for the temp.

yes already found out about the posh aircon parts, Hoping to order the aircon next week, not in a big rush now but will do so soon as some EP3 extras have been discontinued etc, they have 5 kits in belguim;). Will do a parts list with pictures once i get this and when i fit will do a How to if people are interested

Back