• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Servicing question

Bit of a bump on the valve clearance issue. The Honda near me has been taken over by another company, they quoted £90 + VAT to check my valves and £160 + VAT if it's checking and adjusting.

They can fook right off!

Bit of a bump on the valve clearance issue. The Honda near me has been taken over by another company, they quoted £90 + VAT to check my valves and £160 + VAT if it's checking and adjusting.

They can fook right off!

dam right danga. that's steep for the work/labour.

Very bloody steep! It's a joke though, seeing as some people got it for like £60. I have decided to do it myself, although I cant find my manual and can't find the right clearances on tinternet, bugger!

Same procedure mate, all k20 engines apply for this how too.

most engines use the same measurement for the gap settings too.

From the manual.

Intake:

0.21 - 0.25 mm (0.008 - 0.010 in.)

Exhaust:

0.25 - 0.29 mm (0.010 - 0.011 in.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last June, mine went in to Honda and they did me a special price of £250 instead of £315. This was the 4yr 50k service. [price matching another dealer with an offer on.]
Within that price they checked and adjusted the valve clearances - it's part of the service schedule.

I have just booked it in for this years service [only done 3k miles since last one] and Honda have quoted me £180 all in, which I didn't think was too bad. It's only a baby service though so I'm told.
Still have FULL HONDA SERVICE HISTORY on this one which I'm happy about for when the time comes to sell.

And I was so tempted to try TDi or TGM this time. The distance away would have cost me a good £50 min in fuel though.

Mines due 'the biggie' soon, and I was quoted the better part of seven hundred quid! They did say that I could mix and match the various parts of the service to bring the cost down (i.e replace the oil filter, spark plugs etc myself) but the cost would still be £400+ These quotes were from Brislington Honda (Bristol) but I am now living closer to another dealer, I think they might be getting a call.....

Its horrendous how much Honda charge! I have just had a quote of nearly £400 for Oil, filter, coolant change and valve clearance check and adjustment if needed. Cardiff Honda - They say you can cut down the cost by not doing certain things and they can tailor make your service to suit you but if the above cost £400, they are asking nearly £150 just for the sparks to be changed! Please tell me about any decent garage around the Cardiff or Bristol Area who can sort the valve clearances as well

My local wants-

Oil and oil filter service: £100
Spark plug change: £60
Valve clearances: £100-£150
Coolant flush and changed: £?

Get it serviced at Honda then have the rest done at a local Indie.

Maz, Bristol Honda will price match. Tell them what you want doing, say a local garage will do it for x amount will you price match?

Price match

Hi guys.

When it comes to price match, honda offer that "Bring your Honda home" deal.

In their t&cs it states that the garage has to be in a certain mile radius, all the parts used must be honda and a few more things but I can't remember.

Now, problem is Honda call up which ever garage I say are doing it cheaper and Honda would ask if they are using honda bits and blah blah blah.

Ill try it but my uncle done it and they declined the price match because there is only one close by honda dealership and the garage who gave my uncle the cheaper quote couldn't provide proof that all parts used are Honda.

There's always a way out fellas

Honda never checked where I got my quote from or asked for proof!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told them I could get an MOT done for £40 so they went away for £2 minutes and came back and said they could do it for £36

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience of Chester Honda? My EP3 is approaching 60k and is due a big service but I dont know what to expect on price. Looking through the posts Honda dealer rates vary significantly.

Honda has quoted me £336 for a full service with the exception of changing the spark plugs and both air and pollen filters. These were changed last year so no need this time round.

So wtf does their full service cover if it doesn't include plugs and filters? :lol:
I pay £99 at my local dealer and have the oil and oil filter changed only. Pollen filters and air filters are changed yearly by myself, mainly because they are **** easy to do and the plugs were changed just before I bought it.

Back