• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

WHAT A P##S TAKE!!!

Rang my insurance company like a good boy to declare b-pipe and K100. Also had to change my address as we have moved. The nice girl on the phone says i will just calculate the difference in premium. Puts me on hold for a few seconds and comes back with an increase of £521!!!#

Thats the same as my premium FFS.

Needless to say im on the lookout for cheaper insurance.

Aby recommendations?

Cheers

Dave

Jesus Christ! That is silly, going to put me off putting hondata on it if it doubles premium!! Prob more as you already x months into the premium!

The mods only increased it by about £50. It was the change of address that killed it. Even though its a mile up the road, but is closer to a not so nice area!

**** that. I wouldn't declare a b-pipe or ECU, say as far as you know it was standard or there when you bought the car. b-pipe specially is pretty much cosmetic, doesnt give much of a gain.

A woman crashed into me before xmas, my own insurance don't even know about it but her insurance paid £2300, they inspected my car and didn't ask any questions. Apparently they do check tyres though.

At the end of the day it's a risk but you gotta weigh up the options and what's gonna happen if you do actually crash? Worse case scenario a write off, but even a minor accident that isnt your fault is still gonna increase your premium for years to come. If you got a CTR worth like 3k is it even worth being 100% honest?

Been on money supermarket and got it down to £642 with everything declared and 6 points as they always ask for last 5 years.

is it even worth being 100% honest?

Yes, worst case scenario is you crash and kill someone. Insurance goes over your car with a fine tooth comb and find the mods.

They then refuse the claim from the third party's family stating you weren't insured.

When you finally get out of prison for killing someone, you then a civil case against you from the family.

That is an extreme example.

At the end of it, if the insurance do find a way to not pay out they will, essentially you aren't insured.

That won't go down well at a VOSA check point where they do go over your car. Then you'll probably end up with 6 points for driving with invalid insurance.

Basically I'm screwed!! Cannot afford to get anymore points as I rely on my licence for my job.

Basically I'm screwed!! Cannot afford to get anymore points as I rely on my licence for my job.

Hate to state the obvious but if you need to drive to maintain employment then maybe you should eliminate the opportunity of points being awarded.

Model driver FTW. ;)

**** that. I wouldn't declare a b-pipe or ECU, say as far as you know it was standard or there when you bought the car. b-pipe specially is pretty much cosmetic, doesnt give much of a gain.

A woman crashed into me before xmas, my own insurance don't even know about it but her insurance paid £2300, they inspected my car and didn't ask any questions. Apparently they do check tyres though.

At the end of the day it's a risk but you gotta weigh up the options and what's gonna happen if you do actually crash? Worse case scenario a write off, but even a minor accident that isnt your fault is still gonna increase your premium for years to come. If you got a CTR worth like 3k is it even worth being 100% honest?

Are you saying that you don't declare all your modifications?

And the winner for most pathetic post of 2012 is..............................501. :roll:

Are you saying that you don't declare all your modifications?

I've declared a Tegiwa since I began the policy, can't even remember if I declared a backbox, or was it a 5% bhp increase? I don;t even remember but I dont have KPro or any other mods. I haven't declared JDM deflectors, or a skunk2 gearknob, or tegiwa socks if that counts.

I've declared a Tegiwa since I began the policy, can't even remember if I declared a backbox, or was it a 5% bhp increase? I don;t even remember but I dont have KPro or any other mods. I haven't declared JDM deflectors, or a skunk2 gearknob, or tegiwa socks if that counts.

If they wanted to be picky, they could void the policy for ANY undeclared items.
I sent pages of mods to my insurance company for my last car!

And the winner for most pathetic post of 2012 is..............................501. :roll:

Really already? We're not even into March yet :D Don't tell me nobody on here has neglected to declare a minor accident, or added parents as named drivers (or even policy holders) in order to save money.

If they wanted to be picky, they could void the policy for ANY undeclared items.
I sent pages of mods to my insurance company for my last car!

I might ring up just for a laugh and ask how much to add my JDM deflectors as a mod :D There's probably an administration fee too

What's wrong with adding parents as named drivers? My dad's on my insurance, because he borrows my car occasionally. Nothing untoward or underhand about that.

Well obviously I mean't if your parents don't drive the car whatsoever but you are adding them purely to save a few hundred quid. Thats gotta be against the rules or something

Everything that isn't OEM on my car is declared.

You can't compare driving illegally with invalid insurance with adding a parent as a named driver, apples and pears spring to mind. End of the day, if you don't want to pay or can't afford to pay with ALL mods declared then you shouldnt mod the car.

Back