• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my satin ep3!

just recently joined so i thought i would make a page of my car for everyone to see.

firstly i will start from where my car days began

DSCF2676.JPG
this was my first car a 106 1.1 independance in moonstone.
modified a little but insurance premiums meant i couldnt do much

then i moved to

DSCF3584.JPG
my second was this fiesta mk4 1.4 zetec 16v which i modified quite alot and was one of my favourites

then i wanted rwd!

DSCF3654.JPG

this was my pride and joy a bmw 318is with full cream leather which was pretty much standard other than a few bits to make it driftable :D

then i wanted a little go kart again so guess what i got

DSCF3851.JPG
my fiesta zetec s mk5 with alot of modifications! my favourite 1 was the puma engine with many more modifications ;)

after 18 months or so i got bored of the power delivery and having a small car so i looked at what i could get as a replacement, after looking around i was thinking of a pulsar gtir but insurance didnt like that, so after some more hunting and my brother owning 1, you guessed it i was hunting down a civic type r.

i knew i wanted a ep3 prefacelift so the hunt began, my brother had a black 1 and i wasnt overly keen on the cleaning side of things so i had a look at some and this was what i went for in the end

a 51 plate (registered in 2002) satin silver ep3 with 102k full service history tax and mot all standard civic type r
IMG_0198.JPG

extras are a\c and front fogs.

progress will be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
my satin ep3

the first thing i done was give it a full service, which followed

honda mtf 3 gearbox oil
5w 40 mobil oil
hamp oil filter
super 4 spark plugs
pipercross panel air filter

then i couldnt resist to start playing

the spec is as follows up to date 27/02/2013

engine.

red oil breather
modified air box and piper filter
Denzo iridium ik22 spark plugs
red socks
Powerflex gearbox insert
Aluminium shift kit
Ramair cold air feed 58mm
Modifyed TB
Ngk front lambda sensor
Spoon n1 rep catback exhaust
Fag idler pulley bearing
Continental aux belt
Mugen oil cap
Bigger battery
Purple earth strap kit
Hamp oil filter
Motul oil

interior.

alpine 113bt ipod parrot headunit
boss audio speakers all round
vibe evo 2 sub active
4200 watt amp for speakers
boss power capacitor
red alcantara gear surround
red type r mats
churchhill nodding dog
Resprayed dash inserts/handles silver
Refurbed gearknob
Lucas dial bulbs
Push button start

exterior.

removed type r grill badge
chrome indicators front, rear and side
5 led sidelights
led number plate bulbs
8000k hid kit
flat wiper blades
Tinted foglights with 24 smd led bulbs
Removed civic boot badge
Custom front and rear H badge
Red tuner wheel nuts

suspension/brakes etc.

drilled and grooved mtec disks
ebc redstuff pads
reconditioned calipers all round finished in silver and red
Superpro arb bushes (front and back)
Arb end rods front and back
Superpro caster increase front arm bush kit
Oem rear disks
Brembo rear pads
18" RSS lightweight alloys
Matt lewis braided brake hoses
Raceland rear coilovers

that is how it stands present to date but i have many plans so keep an eye on this :D

thank you, i have many plans, not changing the looks

a few off the top of my head are

k100 ecu
lowered 30 - 40mm
referb wheels
tint rear windows to medium
powerflex bushes all round
brake stopper
aluminium linkage bush kit
stage 1 clutch maybe oem
cat back exhaust
red facelift door cards
skunk2 fuel rail
70mm tb and inlet manifold
front end respray

i clean and polish it every saturday but its still not shiney enough
i have started doing staged layers 1 layer every saturday untill it built up to my standard

oh i forgot to mention the stamp on the center console which i was quite pleased with
mines number 14!

I bought the last one to be sold in Nederland , so I got the xenon,privacy glass, wash headlight all in one ;)

nice, if i upgrade i will look for a facelift in cosmic grey premier, but i probably wont after i have got mine to the spec i want.

Little update, got flat wipers on the front and repainted wiper arms satin black to smarten them up abit. I will get some pictures up after i have cleaned it sunday.
Ordered some touch up for the stone chips
Tax due end of the month :( so slow progress this month then mot october so my main progress next month will be arb bushes and front bushes so it should pass with flying colours as my passenger tyre has about 2.0mm
Any tips on tyres? I was think of maxxis ma z1 due to them being ace on my fiesta and not badly priced

Little update.

front and rear superpro arb bushes have arrived
Also got a powerflex gearbox bush

Hopefully the weather will hold out tomorrow or monday so i can fit them

Next is ordering my tyres get it through its mot then i havent decided if i should tint the rear windows first or save for my exhaust?

Paint work is getting there, im doing 1 layer sometimes 2 layers of polish/wax/detail depending which stage i do once a week but its not quite shiney or spotless enough :D

Got all the bushes fitted
Went in blind was easy apart from getting the bolts back in on the gearbox mount but got there in the end

Only had a quick spin, but feels alot better

Little update

Got a red key with type r on it. Just needs cutting

Ordering superpro caster increase lower wishbone bush kit end of the week

Then getting tyres done end of the month and its ready for its mot in october

I have started saving up for my exhaust but i may buy odd bits if i get bored of waiting so it may take a while. But it wont be fitted untill after its mot anyway

Superpro castor increase kit came today
Couldnt resist so bought a spoon n1 replica cat back today
Its toyo sport brand got it for a crazy price only 2 months old!
Fitting them tomorrow

certainly keeping yourself busy :) what advantage does a castor increase bush kit have over a standard polybush kit? just curious as having mine done soon :D

Increasing castor helps to increase feel and feedback.

The steering has a better self-centring effect and also becomes more stable at speed.

I didnt really know what the difference was so after having a look on here i done research and realised what they do and as i need new bushes for my mot the difference in the price is nothing really to what i hope the drivability will be after. I think there about £8 more. Who can argu with that

Yeah next is my tyres and mot
Then brake stopper and lowering by 35mm and camber adjustment bit then have it setup to a fast road setup as i have heard that its a good setup
Still got alot of plans to keep me busy over the weekends

Nice car nice modifications.

Welcome

If your looking for tyres lots of different opinions but i just got my 2nd set of falkens ze912 done me proud and for 60 quid a tyre cant argue with that.

Back