• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Just marking a spot...

11026027_10153645185079325_7193022895135780219_n.jpg

Deposit left and all that.

Tomorrow, fingers crossed.

It's been a long wait.

Well here it is.

IMAG2853.jpg

The lad has missed me and wants to play Lego Marvel, so I'll update the thread with more pics and mod list this evening. :p

Well here it is.

IMAG2853.jpg

The lad has missed me and wants to play Lego Marvel, so I'll update the thread with more pics and mod list this evening. :p

Nice .. At least it's a proper colour and nearly a Type R ;)

I've got 10 minutes or so to add some more pics and details.

IMAG2851.jpg

IMAG2852.jpg

IMAG2854.jpg

3 owners, previous owner had it just over 12 months and did approx 3k in it in that time. He's sold it because he's just had a 2nd kid and didn't fancy the polava of 2 kids in the back of a 3 door, two previous owners before him were women. It's been very well looked after, fresh brakes all round and freshly refurbed alloys in CW. FSH and the paint is in very good nick. 56k miles on the old girl, but you honestly couldn't tell, it looks like it has done 20k.

So far I've found it needs a new SOD for the passenger mirror and possibly a new battery but that is to be expected with Honda batteries that have been on charge in a garage.

I'll be booking into Stevie at Grinspeed for a service and check over shortly, and I've a few bits for him to be fitting. I've already bought the FD2 oil pump/balancer shaft delete kit (full kit including proper dipstick) so while it is in having that fitted the oil and filter will be changed and since the sump is off I'm getting Stevie to put in one of the Clockwise Motion gated sump baffles.
It is already on the ABP 30mm Eibach springs, but I don't think it has had the geo done but I might be lucky. If not Stevie will be fitting front camber bolts and rear shims, full FRSU.
I've got hold of some DS2500s for the front, some HEL braided lines and these will be fitted at the same time with some RBF600.
That was to be it, but I saw a second hand Skunk2 intake and Flashpro come up for sale, so Stevie will fit the Skunk2 (it needs the back of the headlight trimming or I would have put it on myself) and I'll bob around on the GroupN map that comes on the Flashpro for now. No point getting multiple maps if I'm not done just yet, who knows.
I'll ask Stevie to pull the plugs and have a check if they are OK, I'll get the valve clearances done and probably the clutch fluid as well as it feels a little spongy.

I've also got a Skunk2 gear knob, forum stickers and some smoked fog light protectors to go on, and on order that I'll fit myself are some Climair Wind Deflectors and the J's Racing front strut bar and rear pillar bar courtesy of the 10% off J's Racing parts offer running at TDi-North until Sunday.

So yes, been busy. Mostly go rather than show, but it looks cracking as it is to be honest.

Final pic for now. 2 Civic family again!

IMAG2855.jpg

Back