• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rob's CW FK2

Thought it's best to start a thread from the beginning,

Had the car around a mth now & loving every minute of it :D

Collection day:

Next up was fitting the climairs,

Today I finally had the carbon packs fitted, I'm unsure at the moment hopefully will grow on me, these were ordered & paid for mths before the car was delivered & no pictures of the packs were released from Honda so I was basically buying blind, schoolboy error as I actually think the car doesn't need them.

The carbon is quite dark so basically looks black from a distance, the fog surrounds are designed to leave an edging of the original paint but to me it sort of makes them look like they're too small. The spoiler looks better in the flesh & is growing on me, got some new plates made up so hopefully they will help blend the spoiler in with the lower splitter a bit more,
more to come :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that Carbon spoiler Rob. Looks smart.

I get what you mean about the front accents though, it's a bit odd.

Car looks stunning, I quite like the carbon accents in the car!

How does she feel to drive! :D

Its a belting ride, the grip is phenomenal & you find yourself catching drivers out at on roundabouts, I gave it some today & they can bloody shift in every gear, the lack of oil from Honda is getting worrying though as until they pull their finger out I have no top up oil

I really like that Carbon spoiler Rob. Looks smart.

I get what you mean about the front accents though, it's a bit odd.

Yeah the spoiler has grown on me, I just looked out from above & it sits quite well, the fog surrounds I don't think are how they wanted them to be, I did read the packs were delayed due too fitment issues, I may get the hairdryer on them in the future

Oh fitted the mats today as well (freebie my arse) £104, rears are a ballache to fit, they're too big for where they're meant to go & Velcro bottoms doesn't help

Its a belting ride, the grip is phenomenal & you find yourself catching drivers out at on roundabouts, I gave it some today & they can bloody shift in every gear, the lack of oil from Honda is getting worrying though as until they pull their finger out I have no top up oil

Cant wait for them to hit our shores next month! Think its going to give the German camp here a really big shock. That is very strange about the oil shortage by the dealers, hope they can rectify that ASAP (On the same topic - do these new motors use a bit of oil like the B and K series motors?)

I did my Wkly check this morning, prefer a cold check & it was still on or slightly above the max,
This surprised me a bit as I've been driving it harder this last wk & I was expecting to see quite a bit used especially as it's only 0-20w

Very nice, I had a look around and sat in one at my closest dealer and they are stunning in the flesh. I would have seen if I could sneak a test drive but I've snapped me Achilles tendon so recovering from that I can't drive ATM :(, the salesman couldn't take me out either because he was the only one there.

I came back with a brochure but the Misses says NO!!! Llol.

I like the carbon interior pack very cool!

Been a while, nothing major as there's still nothing available but recently had new boots fitted Goodyears assy 3s, grip tonight was excellent, better than the contis.
Mugen mats were purchased mths ago & finally fitted now spring is here,
Just had a massive detail this wk which I'm over the moon with, it actually looks better than it did new, he's sending me some decent pics so will post when I get them but heres a little video he did
https://youtu.be/wwHNiuvULWI

Looks cracking Rob. I'm going to get mine done before JAE I reckon.

Its definitely worth doing, I paid high for this one though but should last a few yrs, my back can't handle 3hrs of cleaning anymore so out came the credit card :)

:lol:

I'm cleaning mine on Monday, but it is forecast rain so it'll just be a clean and wash. It'll be the first time it's seen cleaning product in 4 weeks. :oops:

Looks very nice mate. Like the carbon stuff on these, partial to a bit of carbon.

Afternoon,
Thought I'd share the detail I had done last wk (my 1st professional detail) after a long long wait I finally dropped the car off to Scott at beau technique
The car was booked in for interior protection, engine bay & a single stage polish topped off with the trio of SiRamiks, HR, Ultima & Diamas, due to back issues I wanted something that would be long lasting & easy to maintain and the SiRamik was the one.
Scott forgot his camera for the early pics but here's a few he emailed me (apologies for the large size)
Cleaning

Polished with Polishangel invincible primer

Exhausts cleaned with Carbon Collective Lustre metal polish

Interior and engine Bay

Finally the SiRamik coatings

On youtube

Honda civic type R SiRamik Glasscoat APT and Diamas - YouTube

I was floored when I collected the car, it was 100% better than new, the shine in person was awesome, "wetter than an otters pocket" was what SiRamik tweeted :D. It's a shame the sun wasn't out when the pics were taken as it looks loads shinier than it does.
It peed it down all this wk & the car is still white, the rain was basically cleaning the car for me, I'll try to get some rain or wash pictures as it instantly forms into massive blobs & you can literally blow them off the car.
Would highly recommend both Scott and the SiRamik products :smt023
Also ordered a raceglaze water filter so hopefully I can now dry the car with water without being bothered with watermarks,
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Back