• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Will be a quick car then.

I know what you mean about the merc. Not that I've driven it, but my s3 was faster then the civic but not nearly as fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read that. I don't think it's in the press officially but R&D have talked to people in the plant and dealers etc.

Fair enough. Lets hope it is true. The only downside is do you really want 320bhp+ horse power going through the front wheels...? Such as dislocating your arms unless you pull away in 2nd or 3rd.....

I've read that. I don't think it's in the press officially but R&D have talked to people in the plant and dealers etc.

yeh think theres a mag in the honda dealers with the new type r in and it states its going to be 320.Theres a boy on civinfo aswell that works for honda who also said it will be around 320.
It is alot of power for the fronts but lets hope honda work there magic and make a good car as am sure it will be.

Fair enough. Lets hope it is true. The only downside is do you really want 320bhp+ horse power going through the front wheels...? Such as dislocating your arms unless you pull away in 2nd or 3rd.....

That amount of power via just the front wheels is one of my concerns as well. But Honda seems confident that amount of power will be no problem (eg: minimise torque steer) with their fwd setup. It wouldn't be surprising since Focus RS managed with the RevoKnuckle design.

Anyway, I just hope they improve the suspension setup to make the ride more compliant on poorer road surfaces. The stock FN2 was very crashy.

http://www.hondanews.eu/en/carnewsdetail/?id=3726

Honda Civic Type R Concept Model set for Worldwide Debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show
*Honda today reveals its 2014 Geneva Motor Show line-up, including the worldwide debut of the Civic Type R Concept model, the European debut of the Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) Concept, the powertrain layout of the new NSX and the 2014 Civic World Touring Car Championship race car.
Racing Car for the Road – Civic Type R Concept
Honda’s appearance at the 2014 Geneva Motorshow will lead with the worldwide reveal of the Civic Type R Concept model, providing the styling direction for the exterior design of the highly-anticipated production version that debuts in 2015. Dubbed by the design team as a ‘racing car for the road’, its bold and expressive styling reflects the strong performance characteristics for which Type R is renowned

image.php

I like the look of that apart from the wheels but i thought they were only going to be a 5dr?

There is so much hype about this R that i feel it's going to be a bit of a let down. Hope to f*ck i am wrong though.

New Civic Type R

I don't like 5 door cars really! Apart from the mugen RR. I do wonder why you'd create a hot hatch/sports car and fit five doors. Surely that reduces chassis stiffness, also looks less clean than a three door motor. I appreciate people want practicality, but realistically who the hell buys a sports car for practical reasons? They ep3 is three door and has plenty of room in the back/boot!

Mainly because they aren't making a 9th gen chassis in a 3dr variant, at all, to keep production costs down across the range.

WTF how can a four cylinder inline engine (I am presuming) need four exhausts.

You can see a shut line for the rear door just where the arch flares out.

WTF how can a four cylinder inline engine (I am presuming) need four exhausts.

You can see a shut line for the rear door just where the arch flares out.

The four tailpipes just seems to be a current trend thing. I know the WRX has 4 and I remember seeing the next Golf R having 4 as well now.

Now it's just patiently waiting for the Geneva motor show to know how the car will look inside and out. I'm hoping it's the final design except for maybe 1 or 2 aero tweaks.

The four tailpipes just seems to be a current trend thing. I know the WRX has 4 and I remember seeing the next Golf R having 4 as well now.

Now it's just patiently waiting for the Geneva motor show to know how the car will look inside and out. I'm hoping it's the final design except for maybe 1 or 2 aero tweaks.

It's tat. They're essentially fake exhausts. You'd probably be better off with one pipe than contrivedly splitting one turbo exhaust into at least two, potentially four pipes. I don't mind as an aftermarket thing - but as an oem design...

My STi is 70mm or there abouts on the B-pipe then splits to two back boxes. Each back box has twin exit like the EP3 back box, that's it.

It's very much about getting two silencers on the last section of the exhaust and slowing the gases coming out to reduce the noise while minimizing restriction.

If you look at any of the single exit STi exhausts they are 5 and 6 inch exits and they're still noisy as.

Don't read any more into it, it's just about keeping the noise of the thing down.

In other news Pridham on FB has been saying the new power figures are tied to a higher rev limit. He tends to be told stuff like this from what I gather. The 7k rev counter was just on the development car and that was revving to 7.5k when Tarquini had it. So the rumour mill has the rev limit higher.

Hello 2 litre turbo charged screamer...

That render looks great! One can see how features of the Earth Dreams test mule have been adapted into more pleasing panels, such as the vented fron wings. They looked odd and out of proportion - but kind of cool - in the pics a few pages back, but clearly now, they were basic panels tested for functon before being adapted into something more eye-catching. Nice. Very nice. Rumours regarding the power-hike and iincreased limiter sound encouraging! Roll on March... quite excited for more information/pics of the car.

New Civic Type R

Granted that render above looks better. So is that more what the final car will look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back