• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Unimportant update about the 'new colour' comment the other day.

The new Blue i saw was NOT for the Type R, just a new colour for the Civic and Tourer !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry 'bout that.

Boss found his post on TRO.co.uk

'Sort it out Norro'

Cue above post.

Anyone else get a magazine sent to them from their Honda dealer with the new type R in it. Its a reprint from this months CAR magazine. The type R looks nice but i dont like the body kit arches with the way they are cut short for the back doors. Love tge wheels on it though.

I cannot bring myself to like this it just looks like the bat mobile crossed with a Hyundai or something - yuk. The previous model was much cleaner lined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to agree with you. The more I look at it the more it looks like some cheap aftermarket body kit, brought of the internet and been badly put on by a 17 y/o in his garage. Still want to drive one though. I'm going to call John banks Honda in Bury st edmunds and see if they will be interested in hosting a few type R drivers there on the day they get a new one in. Kind of like an open day. Would anyone be interested in that?? I know there are a few that live not far from there, and the Bury branch has very good service.

I'm sure it's a good car it just looks fugly to me. The Clio 200 or even their newer RS which I'm not overly fond of, is a much nicer looking machine. Should have kept their styling in line with the mugen RR or the like. That looked modern but cool at the same time. This looks like an abomination you'd see parked outside macdonalds on a Friday night.

Saw the new Polo R for the first time today and disappointingly more impressed with its looks! :(

A widebody 5dr Civic was never going to be a good idea.

Saw the new Polo R for the first time today and disappointingly more impressed with its looks! :(

A widebody 5dr Civic was never going to be a good idea.

Normally I hate five door cars, let alone five door sports cars.

I've never been a fan of 5 doors either.

The CTR's have never been one for looks I remember critics moaning about the styling on the EP3, FN2 and it seems this is going in the same direction but maybe they will change a few things before it's release.

Overall I like it but there are little bits that I don't like.

Looks don't bother me too much in a car. It's performance and reliability I am more intersted in.

I still think it looks ok. I didn't like the looks of the fn2 when it was released but it has grown on me.

5 doors is a let down but it's not the end of the world for me.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Maybe it will grow on me a bit more, I hated the ep3 at first now I really like it. It just looks a bit 'bitty' is all. Reminds me of a focus RS but not as cool. And the back of it looks worse than the front. Perhaps the final model will be tidied and improved. Just doesn't look like it's supposed to be one car if that makes sense.
Looks are very important to me, especially on a sports car. If I didn't care about looks and just wanted a reliable motor that drove well I'd buy a vauxhall lol! Sports cars are supposed to be sexy, how can you say looks aren't important, that's just crazy talk!

I think a hot hatch should have a good balance between performance and looks I like the looks of all the CTR's I think they will polish the new one up before it's release.

I do get what people mean by not being bothered by looks because, to be honest, performance and reliability is what I want most. I like to drive the car and have that sort of connection with it rather than standing next to it and staring at it but overall it needs a good balance of decent looks, awesome performance and good reliability.

They could do with toning down the sharp angles. Instead of the stuck on wheel arches they should incorporate it into the body work for example. Also the wing is a little 'nondescript'.....

I think the arches look a bit off too. Would look lots better if the front arches came up to/blended in with the arch crease, much like they do on that touring car above. It all just looks a bit Max Power to me.

Having said that, the standard car is really growing on me.

Looks like the batmobile. That merc is way cooler. I guess a lot more expensive too. Mugen rr was spot on styling wise why move away so much from that??

I drove the Merc the other day, it's a bit dull.

Needs to be at full chat most of the time to be fun by all accounts and I like my licence thanks.

Only what I've read though so could be a load of tosh.

Even at full chat it doesn't inspire that much. With all the exhaust noises and the way the car feels it is like it's trying too hard. Not my cuppa at all, give me the M135i and some change please. :)

M235i is on the horizon. I doubt many people will look at a M135i soon, so there will be some huge bargains about no doubt.

Back