• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

That "new"civic has been out in Australia for a little while, I reckon with a few tweaks it would look pretty mean. Waiting to see what the Type R looks like when it's released.

Although I am finding it hard to look at FWD 4 cylinders with any sort of desire.

Then why are you browsing and responding to threads on a Civic Type R Forum?

Is it true that you can buy in to the 5 year service plan ? I'm thinking of it if I can .. first owner didn't bother.

Is it true that you can buy in to the 5 year service plan ? I'm thinking of it if I can .. first owner didn't bother.

I paid £555 for a 5 year plan. Covers 5 services total. I paid for my last service as it was an A service and was only £95. Becomes worth while when a B service is £195

All depends on how old the car is, I think you have 8mths from new to get the 5yr plan.
They do service packages to suit owners after the car passes the 8mths, not sure what you get for your money though.

I pay for the service as there was & still is some confusion with dealers on how many you're actually allowed in the plan.
It also depends on how much your car requires oil changes, I go full term so I wouldn't be making the most of the plan, but others that require 3-4 oil changes a yr will be Quid's in

Ring HUK I'm pretty sure ALL services are included in the service package

All services are covered. You just dont want to use the plan for all of them. An 'A' service is £95 so no point using the plan for them. I will be doing the major yearly services on my plan and paying for the oil changes.

@ dweezle and Tim. Thank you. I note in the service book that the dealer went with the 12 monthly service option but I'll change the oil every 6 months regardless.

Purchase it through cox Honda possible forum discount, its cracking oil to be fair, I was considering changing to Fuchs or millers back in 2015 but I can't fault this oil

@ dweezle and Tim. Thank you. I note in the service book that the dealer went with the 12 monthly service option but I'll change the oil every 6 months regardless.

This is where it gets confusing with dealers, the cars have a built in service reminder, it tells you when the oil needs changing.
Dealers are meant to stick to the service reminder unless the owner gives permission to switch it off, if that's the case then the dealer HAS to sign the section in the book saying service reminder has been deactivated, HUK say not to switch off.

Maintenance info option should show you a countdown on A or B service, if you're 6mthly changing you can manually reset the service reminder so the system can monitor fresh oil

Back