• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Bikerat

No cut springs here, by all accounts you can only drop it about 15mm before the springs get floppy in the mounts. There's -40mm front and 35 rear springs available for about £80, I may just go with that, particularly if a second hand set comes up. I could go with the rear springs off a Suzuki alto, which would give -50, but then I need to start messing around with the panhard bar and different shocks. Also, it still needs to carry bikes around.....I must remember that....

Do one of those half cut rear bumpers all the ballers seem to be doing at the minute!?

20723970148_08a5e94e68_o.jpg

That's very much on the cards, the more I look at it without a bumper, the more I like it. Makes me think of skirts so short you can see a bit of panties :smt118

I was going to throw away the old bumper, but I may as well chop it up first, see what happens. I might try cutting the sides too, leaving the tyre exposed at the back, and make up new narrower sides from the offcuts.

Whatever happens, I'll tidy up behind the bumper so I can take it off at JAE.

Really like the idea there! Then instead of a big gay wing, just leave the bike rack on the back haha!

The bikes are going on the roof, the spoiler is going to be EPIC. Already got the big rusty sheet of steel for it, still need a rivet gun though.

Could you get a pair of Impreza seats in?
They can be picked up cheap

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

Jim, have a look at some of the MX5 bumper cuts, there's some real nice ones if you google them. Race style rather than drift style would be perfect i reckon ;)

Could you get a pair of Impreza seats in?
They can be picked up cheap

I'd prefer a set of classic buckets, but in all honesty I'll probably get whatever I can find in the local scrappy, living in the highlands makes these things a bit tricky. Pretty much anything would be an improvement from the awful things in it right now.

Jim, have a look at some of the MX5 bumper cuts, there's some real nice ones if you google them. Race style rather than drift style would be perfect i reckon ;)

Thanks bud, that's given me heaps of inspiration! I'll get cutting on my next day off. I love the TRA/Rocket Bunny style with the half arches and a duck tail, so I'm going to mess around with that. I'm currently wondering if I could cut and bend the front wings inward behind the tyre. I need welding and fabrication practice, so why the **** not?

The cut fenders is easy man. We did it on a friends Bimmer, I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but it was simpler than I expected. You gotta do it now ;)

Your wonky rear numberplate displeases me. Everything else is great! I'll try and host a picture you might be interested in.

There are loads of Impreza seats on ebay

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm pretty careful with seats, I've heard a few horror stories. Also, most people on ebay don't post to the highlands, major PITA. I'll have a look at the scrappy and do some asking around, at least then I have a rough idea what they've been through.

Ashamed I've not commented sooner on this!

Just love the image of you sat in Honda being lectured by the sales guy about having to buy a bike rack and you just going off and buying this instead.

Wonderful stuff Jimbo, cannot wait to see the spoiler fitted!

In as this is going to be epic, I also missed this somehow, keep up the good work mate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back