• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ally138

1. Ally138

My 98 Civic Type R

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Appreciate it :D
  2. Ally138

My 98 Civic Type R

I was through to Edinburgh and a friend wanted to take a few pics I bought this car as a rolling shell and had a donor car built up - 98% of the work done by Automek :cool: (far from finished) I've added a link of a short clip I made a while back too! Hope yous like it :) 3 by...
  3. Ally138

New car -NHB ep3 build

keep the plate haha! First thing I noticed lol. Cool wee car to start with anyway. All the best with it :)
  4. Ally138

EK9 Revival

Small update: Was meant to move out of town for a job but for now I'm just gonna commute! Another job in a different location but better role I want has been in contact, so see how that goes.. Been thinking about using the flat deposit money to buy more parts haha! but anyway bought an OEM EK9...
  5. Ally138

Tesco Momentum or Shell V-power?

I use both to whatever is convenient. Tesco is 135.9 and shell is 138.9 at the moment. Tesco - It feels like I get more miles out of it and engine runs smoothly as it should V-Power - It feels fine and engine roars a bit more and a wee bit more aggressive but less MPG, by like 1-2 compared to...
  6. Ally138

FK2 FK2 general discussion

IMO the FN2 looked horrible as it is (sunk into me a bit since), and now this thing is just more vile. I'll be sticking with my 98 Civic Type R haha
  7. Ally138

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

1996 chassis - around 117k engine - around 100k clocks - 120k haha
  8. Ally138

best ways to keep the MPG up?

haha! good patter/ advice lads! well my ek9 is currently dead with no engine or seats so it has 99999999999999..MPG if pushed it off a never ending hill. anyway it's an EJ9 I have with full stripped rear interior. I filled up V power at 141.9 on monday (£20.01), and done about 91 miles so...
  9. Ally138

Ah! I'm getting around that much too but I don't do long distances. So im ok. The worst thing is that my petrol light doesn't come on! Think one of the sensors are done in lol
  10. Ally138

That's true. I also run on v power as well. I can do about 250ish miles on a full tank but I've read others doing around 330 on the same engine so I'm sure there could be something I need replaced. I check my tyres also daily. But thanks for the heads up about the gangnam attack
  11. Ally138

This is probably a noob Q but anyway. My B16B is due an oil change, so looking to service it soon, as Honda recommend to change oil every 3500 miles (not sure for later engines). I've already purchased a brand new OEM fuel filter from tegiwa (a bit sceptical with this one though since it says...
  12. Ally138

EK9 Revival

from what i've seen, B16Bs are more rare than B18C. And the value of a B16Bs (depending on condition of course) can almost have the same value as a B18C. you could always stroke a B16B at the end of the day since it basically is a de-stroked B18C :) I managed to source a very healthy B16B and...
  13. Ally138

EK9 Revival

K20 seem to be more efficient with the money you could spend to get more power compared to the b series anyway. The B16B is still a fantastic engine especially for it being a 1.6 defo will be going b18c further down the line
  14. Ally138

EK9 Revival

b18/ h22/ k20 would all be nice but the I'm settling with the B16B for now :)
  15. Ally138

EK9 Revival

Thanks for the kind words. I would keep it CW if it wasn't so common :p Yeah, i agree. I'm gonna track the current civic then after the reshell I'll track that. Want to feel the difference I have the B16B.. Such an agressive engine
Back