• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by bigcall96

1. bigcall96

FN2 Doors don't open

From what I can see the button works off the cable? The door card isn't fitted so no buttons or anything are connected I just have the 2 open and lock cables loose and can pull them. But they clunk as if they unlock the door but they both stay locked shut. Will attempt to pull the handle back...
  2. bigcall96

FN2 Doors don't open

Where abouts would I be looking? Down in the actual door where it meets the grabber(bit that holds door closed to rear) thanks
  3. bigcall96

FN2 Doors don't open

In the process of wrapping my fn2. Started with passanger door stripped it all, wrapped and handle put it all back together except putting door card back. Everything worked fine. Started drivers same thing stripped down, wrapped, put handle back in, door card is left off. But now both doors...
  4. bigcall96

FN2 Why did you buy a FN2?

i had a deer jump out on me for the first time the other night whilst enjoying a spirited drive. can honestly say I struggled to not s**t my pants!
  5. bigcall96

no reverse lights and going in whilst driving after clutch change

fixed it! removed the HKS and as soon as I pulled it out 2 cables with plugs on flopped out from underneath, took me a few mins where to find the place they plug into but managed to get it. from what I found one done the lights and the other powered the gear position switch thanks to RubyVTEC...
  6. bigcall96

would that be the cause of the lights or going into reverse whilst driving? and also any pics of what it looks like/where abouts under the airbox? sorry for all the questions, just a massive convenience if I can simply fix myself instead of having to take the car back. cheers
  7. bigcall96

easy enough as have a hks, could it be a cause of it not plugged in? thanks for the help
  8. bigcall96

was a local garage owned by a friend of a friend, so I'm sure they'll sort it no hassle. but by what your saying the lights and the 'going into gear whilst driving' are 2 different 'problems'? thanks for the reply
  9. bigcall96

ive had a search around but cant find anything usefull, had the clutch changed on my fn2 last week, and all is good except im getting no reverse lights( didnt notice till last night when drove in the dark) and it will go into reverse when driving but mever used to? if its a simple sensor not...
  10. bigcall96

fn2 tyres

whats the best tyre to go for and size for the stock fn2 18s going to nurburgring in may, so will be fitted fresh for the trip and keep for the rest of the summer? cheers
  11. bigcall96

FN2 Why did you buy a FN2?

i bought my FN2 nearly 2 years ago after driving my dads friends one and thought it was amazing! kept it for a year, thought I wanted something faster so I went out and bought a bmw 335i, very fast but extremely boring, so I bought my old type r back about a month ago(luckily only sold to my...
  12. bigcall96

crunch from 1st to 2nd gear at high revs

as the title says, Its as if I miss the gear when going from first to second at high revs, goes fine up until about 6k rpm, but when giving it some it crunches, all other gears are fine would this be synchros or clutch? I'm no expert just need pointing in the right direction. thanks Callum
  13. bigcall96

Tuning Advice - Type r FN2

I live In surrey near the south of London, and would recommend eurospec as most others will, only had a service with them currently but excellent service and knowledge, will be getting my map by them once parts are fitted
  14. bigcall96

Tuning Advice - Type r FN2

im in the same dilemma as you myself, same mods to, you'll need to get yourself a Flashpro to be able to map it anyway so put that one on the list. ive been looking at getting the RRC inlet manifold and fd2 throttle body as I've heard they go well together and getting it mapped at the same time...
  15. bigcall96

Milano Red FN2

so not done much to the car recently, had a few other things to pay for. but I had the wheels done in black the other day and uploaded the group n flash to see what its like with the exhaust and intake. looking at getting the RRC and new TB soon and get it mapped at the same time. will keep the...
Back