• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by BigRed

1. BigRed

Heater motor fault

Yep, fair one mate. I have little experience of faults on this car as I didn't keep the CTR for that long from new. But I agree it seems highly likely that it is what you say if it's a common one.
  2. BigRed

FN2 how many miles on a full tank

610. Oh hang on, you meant a Honda. Just to continue the boredom, the TDCi I bought after my EP3 because of a new job and mega miles, has been bother free for 6 years! Can't knock the tractor although I do find myself nodding off because of its 'performance.'
  3. BigRed

Heater motor fault

Well yes I did, but it being at the input (which is kind of what I meant) I kind of redeemed myself! One thing, unless diagnosed, it is a bit much to say it definitely is the thermal fuse at this stage. I would add that in the absence of you producing a diagram as top-notch as mine, my answer is...
  4. BigRed

Heater motor fault

Check if it has failed at all speeds, if it has, it is likely to be the motor, resistor pack faults usually knock out some but not all speeds. Unless it has failed at the input of course. My dodgy sketch may help....then again, it might not.
  5. BigRed

Poor MPG after oil and filter change

Dan, sorry if this is a daft question, but was the oil the correct spec? Wrong viscosity can cause all manner of woes.
  6. BigRed

EP3 Car Battery

De-ionised water matey! Basically purified water that removes conductive elements.
  7. BigRed

Got myself a CTR but not happy

I must be a loser too, a lovely, cool, unruffled loser:D
  8. BigRed

horn

I've changed dozens over the years. Normally you only have to contend with one mounting bolt and a connector, it's as easy as that.
  9. BigRed

FN2 how many miles on a full tank

Sorry to jump in about my EP3 when I had it, 270 was about it for me too. Then it was refill time. The feck arse of a tractor I drive now gives me 520 to the tank but I'm generally too drowzy to realise how economical it is.:lol:
  10. BigRed

CTR all paid for!

Nice one Smeg. I remember paying mine off in 2005, quite liberating it was too. I quickly found something else to spend it on though. PS I no longer have the Type R, I now run a TDCi Focus which is sh1t slow, and turns in like an aircraft carrier. Still, the thing is OK for now as I'm...
  11. BigRed

Face lift rear lights

Why would you want to, they look bloody awful. The original pre facelifts were much better looking.
  12. BigRed

EP3 earthing kit?

You need to accept that the existing earth connections are rubbish for there to be any benefit. I do not. Since most components work within a voltage range and current flow is unlikely to reach levels where serious volts drop occurs with the stock bonding and earthing, I see little value...
  13. BigRed

Should the tensioner belt move around?

Sounds like your belt is worn mate.
  14. BigRed

FN2 FN2 Facts: Strange but True!

That is probably the most interesting thing to ever happen at Marham.:lol:
  15. BigRed

Arrival of the 'R'

No..........not at all.:)
Back