• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by ctr-

1. ctr-

New 2017 Honda Civic takes a bow: specs, official pics and full details

So ugly. Last good looking type r was the FD2 in my opinion
  2. ctr-

EP3 crash...

What loxy said.. Buy it back off insurance then strip and sell, don't know how it all works. But when my former boss done that with his old DB9 he made quite a bit of money out of it at the end. All depends on if you have the space etc I guess. I'd be interested in buying the engine, gearbox and...
  3. ctr-

gear pop feeling from 1st to 2nd

I would guess it's a problem within the gearbox. I had a problem with 1st/2nd gear popping out when moving off. I had a feeling it was my gearbox. I swapped out my gearbox for a box from a DC5 because I wanted an upgrade anyway and I opened up the old one to find the synchros were on their way out
  4. ctr-

Air filter change

What's the difference between the pump kit and the aerosol kit?
  5. ctr-

My nippy ep3

More engine bay shots please :D
  6. ctr-

2nd gear issue

I would say synchro. Had the same issue on mine, I replaced the entire gearbox along with a new clutch
  7. ctr-

really slight hesitation when accelerating but idle is fine and v tec works

Had this similar problem with my EP3. Adjusting the throttle cable worked for me
  8. ctr-

Anyone used these wheel bearings on their EP3

My car has been making a really loud droney sound when driving 40+ mph. I'm guessing the wheel bearings are finished, I think it is coming from the front. I've had all new tyres put on (Yokohama Parada Spec 2) to cancel out the fact that it could be the tyres. But the drone sound is still there...
  9. ctr-

What do I need to fit this DC5 recaro in my EP3

Specifically, which runners/rails do I need to fit on my pre-facelift EP3 for the driver seat? I think I need the facelift premier edition ep3 seat rails, but not sure if it is sided. Do I need the drivers side one or would any side be ok? Please correct me if I'm wrong Thanks for reading
  10. ctr-

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40

I'd recommend it.
  11. ctr-

Should I do the timing chain on my EP3?

Yep, bang on. Even though I've done many timing belt jobs, this would be my first timing chain job. Looking forward to it :D
  12. ctr-

Car starts, Car doesn't start.

Get the alternator checked, pulley or something could be gone causing the alternator to not charge the battery. Check the starter motor too.
  13. ctr-

Yep OEM it is. Found this on the Tegiwa site http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/engine-parts-oe/genuine-honda-cam-chain-and-tensioner-k-series-k20a-k20z.html Would that be right for my EP3?
  14. ctr-

Just had a look on the CPL site. Almost £400 for both. I think for myself that is too much of a stretch at the moment. As I would like to do the guides too and I'm going to be forking out for service parts as well (new tyres, discs and pads all round, oil, gearbox oil, plugs etc). Yep that's...
  15. ctr-

Yeah I was being told that it's a part for life which is why I was wondering if I should do it or not. But I will be doing this within the next few weeks. Where can I get the Toda chain and tensioner? Do they do the guides as well? Thanks for the replies
Back