• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by eptrois

1. E

DC2 DB8 DC5 Integra dc2 vs civic ep3

I had an EP3 for 6 years and loved every second. I was always under the impression that the DC2 was the slightly better car however. I often thought about changing. I am informed that the DC2 was the fastest FF car round the ring for 10 years. (only to be beaten by the RS Megane which had...
  2. E

Techniclutch / Nationwide Clutch Distributors

Do not buy anything from these cowboys. PM me if you want details of why but trust me, not worth the hassle. Bunch of conmen.
  3. E

Stereo Harness - Live Wire question

I am putting in my Pioneer head unit. Live wire on the harness is only connected at one end. Can I simply connect it next to/adjacent to the negative wire and use the constant live feed? (I always remove the fascia out of habit) Will I run risk of flattening battery or fire? All other head...
  4. E

EP3 Dumb question alert.. Factory shock absorbers

KYB do shocks for the EP3. I had 2 pairs in the 6 years I had mine. 1st set, great. 2nd set, just OK. Think they were 75 a side. I bought KYB top mounts and they were absolute garbage. Bilstein also do front shocks and I believe they are decent. As for top mounts, maybe just go to Honda mate.
  5. E

BC Coilovers

Hi, Anyone had any experience with these? I was thinking of putting a set on my EP3 which is used as a daily... what is their longevity like? Will they be up to the job for a good couple of years? or will they fall to bits in 6 months? I appreciate the ride will be firmer, that doesnt bother...
  6. E

My Silver EP3 CTR 2002

Nice. No. of owners is nothing if they've all looked after it. (and it looks like they have) :-)
  7. E

Should I do the timing chain on my EP3?

Mines on 156000 now. Still on original timing chain. I've read on here and elsewhere that Honda say its good for the life of the car. I don't nail it everywhere though to be fair. I don't believe everything I read on the net but I'll take my chances with this one.
  8. E

new keyfob

If its just the casing, I got a replacement one off ebay and replaced the internals - there was no issue with the function, I just damaged the fob when I came off my longboard. To replace a faulty one, I would call some local lads who specialize in ECU's/immob's etc and see what they recommend.
  9. E

1st to 2nd crunch in low revs

MY EP3 has done this since Ive had it. Its especially hard to get into 2nd on very cold mornings. I just let the old girl warm up and gear changes are fine. Does yours still crunch when warmed up?
  10. E

Scorpion Exhaust & K&N typhoon

You never get too old to stop playing. You get old because you stopped playing.
  11. E

P0141 fault code

I believe its a good idea to replace the front and rear sensors at the same time. Only purchase Denso or NTK brands as others may not kill the light. I've had a P0141 code for about 2 months now but it went off the other day and hasnt come back on... winner.
  12. E

EP3 Just bought an '03 EP3 Type R and WOW

Couldnt agree more. Cars get more and more "disconnected" as time goes by. I wouldnt even entertain a brand new car in my price range. Love hearing about peoples new experiences of a CTR. I still have mine 5.5 years in. 155000 and still going strong. Cant imagine having any other car unless it...
  13. E

And after two weeks

I gave into the seat in my CTR. It was a pain until I just put it as far back as it goes on the rails and into the factory upright position.. pretty good position with the steering wheel rake adjusted as high as it will go. :-)
  14. E

Central locking not working, passenger & hatch wont open...Engine turns but no start

IIRC - if you disconnect the battery for a couple minutes it does some kind of mini reset. Definitely worth a shot! Other than that it may be the immob/security board...
  15. E

Phil's black stanced 30th

I remember when car meets like that were rife in the late 90's. Then came along CCTV and car park barriers
Back