• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by ian in halifax

1. I

FK8 Quality issues

A claim has gone into Honda for warranty replacement of my corroded wheel nuts....Honda UK said it's road film....
  2. I

FK8 Quality issues

If you let me have your emails I'll send it. Not sure if you can send on here though.
  3. I

FK8 Quality issues

Well I started this thread and I e lost patience with Honda. I have started proceedings to return the vehicle. To say that Honda UK are not interested in customers is a understatement. I have written three times to customer services and had the same Inept answer....i can always use on...
  4. I

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

My service light has come on at 5k miles. No abuse just normal commuter and extended motorway runs.......it's just another issue with the car. I'm not having it serviced when the intervals clearly state 12 k or 12 months ok i'm not to 10% either way but service at 5k forget it...i'm annoyed
  5. I

FK8 Quality issues

For all us out there here is Hondas response regading brake squeal.....funny how no other car suffers from it...With regards to the brakes I have checked with the Honda (UK) Technical department regarding the noise issue you raised. They have said that there will inevitably be a small amount of...
  6. I

FK8 Quality issues

The RS started to lose a lot of money. I was only offered 24.5 and it wasnt 12 months old however WBAC offered me 28.5 k...so I sold it to them. Its a great car the RS, however the ride is quite tiring and the MPG is a lot less than the CTR, as I use it as a adaily I have to take these things...
  7. I

FK8 Quality issues

I was just wondering how many decibels it was. People can hear it when im on hands free....arent there limits on noise from vehicles ?
  8. I

FK8 Quality issues

Ive reported the brake squeal issue to Honda.....decibels wise is it legal ???? It must be near 70db I would say at a guess.
  9. I

If it was a design issue combination of drilled discs and brake compound then it would be every car !! Its a quality issue as some are affected and some are not. Again can we have a count of those with oxidising discs and those that are like stainless....mine are like mirrors lol.
  10. I

FK8 Quality issues

I have opened this thread for us all to list quality issues we are experiencing with our new purchases. Please don't think this is a knock, it isn't however I am disappointed with the quality of the car to date, including the latest issue. If anyone else has experienced any of the issues below...
  11. I

FK8 Potential FK8 owner

Hang on a minute im the oldest FK8 Type R owner........surely im not going to lose my only "No 1 status".... In answer to your "age" related questions. Its a bit boomy on the motorway certainly more noisy than my Focus RS 3 The fuel economy is fanatstic considering, 40mpg plus on motorway is...
  12. I

Looks grest doesnt it. Mine is same colour but i have the option spoiler fitted. Sorry to go on again about the brakes. Yiyr discs seem oxidized, are they ? Mine look like stainless steel...i wonder if they (Honda) have changed the disc material type ? My serial number is 5891.....thanks
  13. I

I am 60 and drive like im 60 so no abuse from me. I dont think that the brakes are anything special certainly dont have the stoping power of the Brembo on the RS. Again why dont they oxidise mine are sparkling even after leaving in damp overnight, does anyone have oxidised discs....what about...
  14. I

Well it's 660 miles so far and I had a puncture, managed to fix the tyre replacement quoted at £200 fitted !! I can't say I'm enjoying owning this car, early days I know and many will say "you just like moaning" but with squeaky and embarrassing brakes, which don't seem half as good as the RS...
  15. I

I think the sympton get out is rubbish. Had Brenbos on my RS never a squeak from them....mines going in for squeaky brakes if they come with the accept it rubbish ill e mail Brembo !
Back