• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Okay getting a little bit excited........my car is being made on Thursday, and should be with me on the 21st! Very very excited! (although still debating whether I made the right call with red over white...)

My car at Reflections Detaling for a few days! Having gyeon products on the exterior, interior and Mohs+ coating on the bodywork
1955d2f9a072e3f60ca3e5c666d68c5b.jpg
cfedf5eea9ede51e3bbcb624f8f22f9f.jpg
da11c90457fb6db71963060097620a26.jpg
1ce86767e8927444023992dc5b8d4e9e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the front fog lights come on, on one side when you're turning? I think it's a pointless feature and my mate who has a focus rs has that and hates it.

Anyone know if the front fog lights come on, on one side when you're turning? I think it's a pointless feature and my mate who has a focus rs has that and hates it.

Afaik they don't, I'm sure I saw someone before complaining of the opposite, that their last car had it and they missed it on the civic

Why does he hate it.

My Transit has it and it's quite good I think. Mine can be turned off also so maybe his can.

He has ocd, he just doesn't like it, I will tell him you can turn it off in your transit, I'm sure he will be over the moon lol

Okay getting a little bit excited........my car is being made on Thursday, and should be with me on the 21st! Very very excited! (although still debating whether I made the right call with red over white...)

I have the Red & everyone so far has said they like it.
It does hide the dirt well, matches the interior & helps it to stand out, showing every vent & line.
I am sure you will like it.

Well it's 660 miles so far and I had a puncture, managed to fix the tyre replacement quoted at £200 fitted !!
I can't say I'm enjoying owning this car, early days I know and many will say "you just like moaning" but with squeaky and embarrassing brakes, which don't seem half as good as the RS, the red oil light coming on (is there a yellow one?) The tyre warning light coming on 70 miles after re-calibration, the rattle from the dash and now noisy wipers this car is not something I'm enjoying owning. The wipers have a mechanical thud as they reach full travel I thought they were hitting the A Pillar but it seems not. On another note I have not noted my brake discs oxidising as per Iainuk pictures above.....are there 2 disc materials??? mine look like stainless steel lol

with squeaky and embarrassing brakes

Adds character

The tyre warning light coming on 70 miles after re-calibration

Check pressures (when cold) and re-calibrate, unless you've got a slow puncture the warning light wont go off again for ages.

The rattle from the dash

Take it back, get the rattle diagnosed/fixed.

The wipers have a mechanical thud as they reach full travel

This makes the car faster. Probably.

I have not noted my brake discs oxidising as per Iainuk pictures

The cars hardly broken in yet. It'll happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red looks awesome, but I am loving the championship white (apart from my small paint issue). White with the red piping and brake callipers really works, plus it hides chips and swirl marks better...

Iaxnux, depending on your level of OCD, as the wheels are off, id ask them to rust protect these areas as they have started to rust on mine - same for equivalent on the rears...

Got my fk8 back from the dealer to sort out the brake squeal and 20 miles on its blxxdy back. Now waiting for honda uk to come up with a solution . I love the car but cant put up with that noise.

Red looks awesome, but I am loving the championship white (apart from my small paint issue). White with the red piping and brake callipers really works, plus it hides chips and swirl marks better...

Iaxnux, depending on your level of OCD, as the wheels are off, id ask them to rust protect these areas as they have started to rust on mine - same for equivalent on the rears...

Cheers for the advice, have messaged the detailer to ask if they could do this!

It is even in the owners manual according to reddit.

2.0 L engine models
Brake squeal
To satisfy the performance under a wide range of driving conditions, a high- performance braking system is equipped on your vehicle. You may hear the brake squeal under certain conditions, such as vehicle speed, deceleration, humidity, and so on. This is not a malfunction.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Honda/comments/6lsds7/my_over_priced_civic_type_r_looks_like_is_going/

The FK2 was/is exactly the same.

r2cxz.gif

I'm used to it. They squeal when cold, when in traffic, when it's wet etc. I ignore it now.
It's not as if everybody's not looking at you anyway (be a passenger behind the tinted glass in the back seat you'll see... Everybody is looking at you).
Consider it an additional safety feature, everyone around you knows you're braking.

Oh well the wheels are back on the car now, can't rust proof those areas!

Back