• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Honda uk have just told me they are perfectly happy with my car having very noisy brakes and will not do any thing about it. Even the finance company are aware of this problem with the brakes but again honda have told them its not a fault. WTF , am i expecting too much from a £34000 car, i dont think i am. Its going to get very nasty:mad:

Honda uk have just told me they are perfectly happy with my car having very noisy brakes and will not do any thing about it. Even the finance company are aware of this problem with the brakes but again honda have told them its not a fault. WTF , am i expecting too much from a £34000 car, i dont think i am. Its going to get very nasty:mad:

Probably expecting too much to be honest. People have been saying the same thing since July 2015.

I will be stunned if you get anything from Honda or the Finance company about it as it's not a fault.

It is even in the owners manual according to reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Honda/comments/6lsds7/my_over_priced_civic_type_r_looks_like_is_going/

The FK2 was/is exactly the same.

r2cxz.gif

You aren't the only one unhappy about it but, "Race car for the road," and all that jazz.

i dont remember getting my owners manual before putting my deposit down. I have had many sporty cars with more power and never had this sort of brake noise. so race car for the road doesn't wash with me, sorry

I know guys are having issues with noisy brakes, on the 2 test drives I have had, in different cars the brakes were fine no noise at all. Is it perhaps the way they are bedded in? Hopefully when I collect mine they will be fine!!

unfortunately you will have to put up with it (or sell the car). To my knowledge there is no way to 'fix' it.
It is commonly known FK2/FK8 brakes are very noisy, it is not a fault, heat them up to respectable fast road conditions and they perform perfectly and stay quiet. The car is designed to go fast. Everything else is secondary.

I know guys are having issues with noisy brakes, on the 2 test drives I have had, in different cars the brakes were fine no noise at all. Is it perhaps the way they are bedded in? Hopefully when I collect mine they will be fine!!

Those demo cars are probably receiving a good spanking all the time. All. The. Time. The brakes are probably loving it. The moment one gets bought and driven carefully the squeak will appear.

Clutching at straws here but could it be the way you drive in those first 600 miles or so be a factor? I took it veeeeeerrrrry easy and have no squeak..... be interested to know if those with squeak drove hard from the get go?

I am 60 and drive like im 60 so no abuse from me. I dont think that the brakes are anything special certainly dont have the stoping power of the Brembo on the RS. Again why dont they oxidise mine are sparkling even after leaving in damp overnight, does anyone have oxidised discs....what about the noisey wipers it sounds like someone is throwing a tennis ball at the windscreen when they reach full travel.

Some of you should come for a drive in my FD2 or DC5, you'd have a heart attack with the rattles and noises.

Take the pads out, put some copper grease on the back of them and it should cure it.

i dont remember getting my owners manual before putting my deposit down. I have had many sporty cars with more power and never had this sort of brake noise. so race car for the road doesn't wash with me, sorry

Hey not my words bud.

giphy.gif

Been there, done that, and sold the car, but not because of the brakes it has to be said.

a ha!! I wonder if that's it and you have some 'film' on the discs cos mine go Ed Sheeran at the slightest suggestion of moisture...

My wipers are not particularly good at clearing the wet stuff (streaks all over the place although that could be life shine application) but no noise - get that seen to buddy...

You will experience tapping from the wiper blades, even more in winter. I put it down to the firm ride, happened in my fn2 as well

Does the manual have a bedding in procedure for the pads (I have to admit i haven't bothered to read it..)

Ours squeal a little on light application but in my experience of lotus brakes with pagid high performance pads they generally squeal for 1 or more of the follow
(1) if not fitted with a bit of copper slip to the backing plate
(2) when they haven't been bedded in properly (the pagid bedding in process is pretty mad but works http://www.pagidracing.com/en/information/technical-information.html )
(3) when they haven't been used heavily ie on track.

A quick google brings up something similar but not as aggressive sounding for brembo. Not sure if it specific to our cars and the standard brake components though... https://www.racetechnologies.com/article/bedding-procedure

Upgrades already...
https://www.racetechnologies.com/products/brakekits/2017/honda/civic-type-r-fk8?vehicle=10883

Interesting that some aren't happy with the brakes. I have to say the feel and performance I have experienced on the road in the FK8 is the exact opposite, I am really impressed. One of the stand out parts of the car.

Probably removing the pads and giving them a copper spray/coating will remove the squael. Only really notice the noise at slow speed breaking over a speed bump sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

From the Brembo Web site,
BEDDING IN
Upon replacement, the pads and discs, must be road tested.
Bedding in lasts about 200 km, during which it is essential to check for vibrations and noise from the brakes, both when driving and braking

The braking must be effective and brief and gradual brakes must be performed to allow proper alignment of the pad surface in contact with the disc.

Extremely sharp or violent braking can cause overheating of the friction material of the pads and disc, eventually compromising the integrity and the performance of brakes.

Collected my car tonight from Reflections Detailing! Coated in Gyeon products with Mohs+ on the body paintwork. It shines!
e623e39f381408c2f140c4746820aa34.jpg
e7a47bf4a27f8628838001172b736661.jpg
c3c20ed9559eed28ad2bd5812fd2d2c2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks grest doesnt it. Mine is same colour but i have the option spoiler fitted. Sorry to go on again about the brakes. Yiyr discs seem oxidized, are they ? Mine look like stainless steel...i wonder if they (Honda) have changed the disc material type ? My serial number is 5891.....thanks

Back