• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by J.Gray926

1. J.Gray926

Back from the wheel refurb

I can actually see its deep pearl bronze now. I blame the small iphone screen. ;) What color are the wheels? I'm looking to get mine refurbed in a similar color.
  2. J.Gray926

Back from the wheel refurb

Gotta admit, they look pretty damn nice, really compliments the NHB lovely. Which now makes me wanna do my wheels. What color are they if you don't mind me asking? As I have a NHB FN2 and think these wheels look sweet as!!
  3. J.Gray926

FN2 Oil reading on the dip stick tips and tricks

I've checked it again tonight, when the engine was left to be cooler, it was just under the max mark. So guessing, when it's warm, it'll be at the perfect level?
  4. J.Gray926

Haha thanks walkden. If I looked any closer I'd be putting it in my eye. But guess that'll work. If the eye stings, there's oil on it. :lol:
  5. J.Gray926

Ah ok cool, I've just read on this forum and other civic forums that it should be done when warm. But if it's been good for you for 10 years of type R ownerships. Im using Fuchs Titan pro 5w40 I believe it is. Was changed only a couple of months ago. Always been quite clear, but never this...
  6. J.Gray926

Alright peeps! As the title says, does anyone have any tips or tricks on reading the oil on the dipstick. (Jokes to the minimum please) :D basically, I went out today to check my levels as I do religiously every week, allowed the engine too cool and the oil to filter back down for sump for 10...
  7. J.Gray926

FN2 Passenger side rear squeak noise.

Cheers Loxy, appreciated mate. It only seems to do it when it's cold, so not too fussed if its no safety issue.
  8. J.Gray926

Sorry mate, it's for the FN2 CTR.
  9. J.Gray926

Hi lads and lasses, just wondering if anyone else has noticed or experienced a squeak sound which appears to be coming from the passenger side rear somewhere. It doesn't sound like a Metal sound, more of a rubbery squeak. (If that makes sense). It's only noticeable when the car is cold and at...
  10. J.Gray926

FN2 Depreciation On 57 / 08 Plate Type R GT

Agree with all of the above. I had my nephew and my brother in the back of mine. Loads of space. Even my brother who is 6.2 in height said he was surprised how spacious it is. And the boot. Flipping hell, it's bigger than a focus isn't it? There's tons of space. Just go have a look and compare...
  11. J.Gray926

FN2 Got my CTR Friday. My first thoughts and questions.

Awesome, thanks dweezle, I'll change the oil once I'm back from Budapest. As for the clutch, I'm going to go back to honda as I'm still in a warranty and hopefully they'll stump up with something this time. They weren't very forthcoming last time. Kept saying they can't notice a single thing...
  12. J.Gray926

Cheers for the reply guys. Appreciate it. Shame about the after market clutch, was hoping to spend a bit of money on one and hopefully All's sorted.but I guess nothing is that simple. Haha. As for the VTEC, yeah I think it's definitely there, can definitely hear the engine, which sounds...
  13. J.Gray926

The VTEC is meant to kick in at 5500rpm right? I'm sure it's there, I may have not just felt it all the time, with the ride being crashy and that. Cheers
  14. J.Gray926

Cheers mate, appreciate it. I may take you up on your offer. The 3rd is the biggest issue. Trying to convince/show honda techs whats wrong as they can't find anything. I doesn't grind all the time but it's not a smooth engage into gear. A quick question regarding the vtec. Do you feel a...
  15. J.Gray926

Yeah that's cool, cheers mate. I don't think there's anything wrong with the clutch as such, just that creak but could be the cruise control thingy. It's the 3rd gear issue, I'm just trying to resolve with honda, stating they never found a thing wrong. I'll just have try to replicate it to one...
Back