• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by johngreen537

1. johngreen537

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Sounded lovely when you were blipping it mind. Might go Fuji on mine if it sounds similar on teg. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. johngreen537

Sounded almost standard when you pottered away. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  3. johngreen537

DC5 Big Brake Kit Options- FreakyParts?

They stop ok on the road in fairness. Just get rather hot rather quickly. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  4. johngreen537

DC5 Big Brake Kit Options- FreakyParts?

Yep. Still **** hot. Did switch to rs15 from rs29 *** after 2k mile euro jolly, squealing got on my tits. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  5. johngreen537

I just swapped the rs29 for rs15 for daily use. Far better cold and medium bite, but will suffer at higher temps. Them rs29 still have about 7mm of pad material ***. They last forever, so actually decent value for money. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  6. johngreen537

FK8 Must have accessories?

Everything from the Mugen catalogue.
  7. johngreen537

Got to say that Toda exhaust was the best fitting off the shelf system I've ever seen. Especially as no getting at all. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  8. johngreen537

Back in the hot seat. CW DC5 :)

Hate them. They are the 85a spec (black) ones, I'd swap for standard mounts in a heartbeat. I've got rattle ocd, so at idle my hands are all over the place trying to stop them! If it wasn't for the rattles, they're not shocking I suppose. I did hear the 60a ones are actually worse though. Too...
  9. johngreen537

Yes mate. Front tyre noise is significantly more than the rear. Yokohama's on the front (not ad08's) and they let go in the dry much faster than I like, but I could be pushing too hard too. Sidewalls are a little soft too. They'll be going as soon as I've destroyed them. It's a full Twinloop...
  10. johngreen537

Nice bit of a pre winter detail today. Too wey out to get a proper sealing paste on, but some Megs liquid wax will do for a couple of weeks. Had the front windows done too, blends in nicely without being overly dark. Mugen intake is gone for now at least. Sent from my E6553 using...
  11. johngreen537

EP3 Alignment

They've done tracking I'd say, but rears are out. So car is steering straight, but the rear toe is pushing you off straight which needs you to correct it with the wheel. Get it on a proper 4 wheel alignment. Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
  12. johngreen537

stiff gear changes any ideas????

No worries. Internal issues usually have big symptoms, so I wouldn't rush out for a rebuild!
  13. johngreen537

The occasional crunch is most likely just you struggling to get the gear doe to notchiness. Go back to whomever did your clutch. Ask them to check the cables / linkages. Replacement bushes from Tegiwa. https://www.tegiwaimports.com/index.php/tegiwa-shifter-bushes-civic-type-r-ep3.html I'd...
  14. johngreen537

it's not uncommon for 2nd to be stiff selection on the ep3 when it's cold. I'd probably be looking at the very simple side before a rebuild! Generally if you've got internal box issues, it'll at least whine or crunch a bit / a lot as a symptom. Stiff lever, start with checking the selector...
  15. johngreen537

What was it like before the clutch change?
Back