• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Redcap

1. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

Thanks for the info! I’m not sure if I’m going to get the OEM rear pads or another brand, I’d like less dust if possible but still good road performance, I don’t use my car on track. These look like they could be a good option but I wonder if there’s no point going for anything other than the...
  2. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

So I just had my 4th service and my dealer says one of my inner rear brake pads is down to 3 mm. I know the FK8 wears the rear pads out fairly quickly but how long roughly will I have until they need to be replaced? I do low miles. My car has done 18k since April 18, last year I did 3800 miles.
  3. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it might need a re gas as I think I can hear the compressor when I start the car. Seems a bit soon to need this doing but I guess it can get low at any time. I hadn’t considered extending the warranty, mainly due to Honda not being interested in warrantying any...
  4. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Anyone had issues with their FK8 A/C? Mine doesn’t seem to go very cold is this “normal”? My previous Type R’s got much colder. I have recently had what looks like steam coming out of the centre dash vents, anyone else has this. I think it’s just down to high humidity but not sure. My car is...
  5. Redcap

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

There is a difference in the handling with the higher side wall, I would like to try a stiffer side walled tyre when they need to be replaced again. I think they softer side wall of the PS4S is better on U.K. roads as it is less harsh over lumps and bumps however this does sacrifice some of the...
  6. Redcap

I will also be sticking with the 255 35 20 size. I agree that they look better in the arches, this size gives the wheels better protection and tyres are also cheaper in this size. The Michelin PS4S are lasting way longer than the Conti 6’s.
  7. Redcap

FK8 Acuity Shifter Upgrades

So I decided to do the cable bushings as the general feedback I’ve seen or heard is that these make the biggest difference to the gear shift. They were are bit tricky to fit but not too bad to be honest. The hardest part was getting the air box front screw to go back in. The installation video...
  8. Redcap

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

I haven’t had any work done on the brakes so I’d assume it’s unlikely to be due to the brake fluid. I have also had my warranty request denied due to the dealer sighting use of wheel cleaning products rather than shampoo as per the owners manual. It’s pretty ridiculous that they don’t use a...
  9. Redcap

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Anyone had the Brembo lacquer start to peel on the front callipers? If so did Honda do anything about it under warranty?
  10. Redcap

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

Yeah, same story for me, I got impatient after about 3 hours of trying to get them off intact . I managed to get one done with zero damage but I broke the tab on the second one, no way it was coming off otherwise. I even had the Honda workshop instructions which were quite vague at times, the...
  11. Redcap

FK2 Shifter cable bushes

I’m thinking about doing these (Aquity ones) on my FK8, The time and amount of parts that need to be removed to access them is a bit off putting though.
  12. Redcap

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

Has anyone changed them and managed to do it without breaking the lower tab that’s hard to reach? I am struggling to get the caps off and I’d rather not break the tab if I can avoid it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  13. Redcap

FK8 FN2 to FK8 advice

A friend of mine has a turbo FN2 running 450hp, it has coilovers and LSD and a bunch of other complementary modifications. He says it’s goes like stink and handles amazingly. If that’s what you want then why not but I have to say I’d rather have the newer less modified car personally...
  14. Redcap

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?106282-Anyone-know-a-stealer-who-stocks-tyres/page2
  15. Redcap

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

They aren’t that hard to fit, they just plug in. It’s mainly the time it takes to carefully disassemble the car and carefully fit them. Mine didn’t come with any fitting instructions but cox motor parts have all the installation PDF’s on their website. Personally I think they are quite expensive...
Back