• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Sideways Steve

1. S

Is it standard ??

Cool cheers, I'll take a look today on my lunch break :)
  2. S

Is it standard ??

I have a feeling my ep3 ecu may have been tinkered with, it looks like it has been disturbed and the wiring harness has been moved about which is why I think it's been messed with. whats the easiest way to tell if the ecu is stock or not ? Is it a case of whipping the cover off to see if...
  3. S

Unichip Q

Which tuner did you use mate ?
  4. S

Decat Engine Light Elimination Methods

Not wrong, you untick a box which stops the ecu looking for the sensor that is no longer required due to there being no cat as you have said yes, obviously the ECU is remapped to suit whatever modifications you have, not just because you have a decat fitted. You map it to take into account the...
  5. S

Unichip Q

Yes mate, I cant quite pin it down either ! If you start the car from cold it seems to run perfectly until you try and drive, it then hesitates and splutters a bit then suddenly clears and off you go. If its warm when you start it and try to drive off it is usually fine right away. I have now...
  6. S

I know, thats why its already been remapped using a unichip. I am asking specifically about the two available methods of removing the EML. Also, for the record unticking a box in the software on the K100 ECU just stops the ECU from looking for that sensor, so that in itself is also bodging it ...
  7. S

Ok, i have been having issues with the well known engine light coming on due to the decat on my EP3. The car had an electronic O2 simulator fitted when I got it but the light was still coming on, when looking into it further I noticed the wiring was not exactly up to much so I have since...
  8. S

Unichip Q

Personally I would say your figure sounds far more realistic, but in saying that I have recently been tinkering with mine and believe its running far leaner than I would like. if that is the case then it wouldnt surprise me if it is running good power as when you run more timing advance and lean...
  9. S

Affording A Type R

You lot want to try runing an RX7 ! If I own anything that does more than 25 MPG then it feels like I am rich ! LOL I am averaging about 32mpg in the EP3 with mixed driving and using it daily. As for insurance where on earth do some of you live ? I am only paying £480 a year fully comp and I...
  10. S

EP3 2002 Alarm Instructions / no Flash on Arm-Disarm

Well, I found the fuses and they all appear to be ok from looking at them, however I will be checking them with my multimeter tomorrow just to be certain. if its not a blown fuse I will need to trace back the wiring to the interface with the indicator circuit and check for breaks or bad...
  11. S

Unichip Q

With the following engine related mods below I have a unichip on mine and a graph showing 262bhp from when it was all mapped and setup. Invidia 421 Manifold Invidia Decat Pipe Invidia B pipe Invidia N1 Rear Box Injen Long Arm Induction Kit Dastek Unichip How much i believe the graph is another...
  12. S

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Mines a 2002 '02' plate on 81k with full service history. Looks like its done half that mileage though, its spotless !
  13. S

Further update: After speaking with one of the Hamilton Palmer tech guys we believe it is one of the independant alarm fuses that have blown. Apparently there is a fuse on the indicator line to prevent people from shorting out the alarm by applying a voltage spike to the indicator bulb socket...
  14. S

Further update, I had a better look at this and i can actually hear the relay clicking to activate the light flashes so I assume a wire has come off or been disconnected somewhere under the dash. Does anyone know where the flasher relay for the alarm is located to save me having to hunt for it ?
  15. S

Deffo not that mate as if it thinks something is open it beeps at you when you try and arm it to let you know its locked but not armed. Mine locks and arms perfectly but just doesnt flash to let you know you have pressed the button which is really annoying ! LOL
Back