• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Goldie Jon

K20a2 in a DC5

Hi guys just bought a DC5 with a engine that's knackered. Planning to swap the cams over and put a K20a2 engine in. The car has a K100 in it mapped from TDi North. Bar the engine, what else is likely to be needed.
  2. Goldie Jon

Hissing!!!

The hiss which is coming from the engine which comes in at 4000rpm up to 4.5k then goes, it happens when the revs are falling too. It sounds like air escaping really loudly, but with a metallic noise to it too. The idle assist valve is snapped which i've blanked off but its not this. I've...
  3. Goldie Jon

need some clarity

Ok, need some help. I need to know what the pipe coming off the intake pipe does. Its not the air flow meter but the one with the valve and pipework going into the inlet? Does the air going from this go into the engine its self at some point, or is it just to cool the inlet? thanks jon
  4. Goldie Jon

Goldie Jon's Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI

After a stint in a Cosmic CTR, I've decided I needed to get back into a diesel. After owning a Fabia vRS for 3 years back in my late teens, I decided to go back to VAG. The civic has been great, but its costing a lot to run. Due to sell the Civic once I get the V5 for the seat and swap the...
  5. Goldie Jon

How loud is the unsilenced ss b pipe?

I'm playing on doing some track days next year but I'm thinking that the supersprint b pipe is too loud. It's the unsilenced one. Any one know what kind of db it will pull with a oem back box? Have been searching for 15 mins and can't find what I need. Thanks Jon
  6. Goldie Jon

Clunking at over loose services. Play in ball joint

Right car went into my Uncles garage. He says there is play in the drivers side ball joint. He says he can only get the parts from Honda, but the Ball joint has to come with the Arm, then mentioned something about the wheel bearing/hub as well. Roughly £190 for the parts. Anyone else had...
  7. Goldie Jon

Supersprint B pipe rattle when wet.

I've had the supersprint unsilenced b pipe on for about 3 months now. When it rains pretty bad, the cold water hits the hot pipe and it rattles/groans and sounds like its scrapping on the floor, there are also horrendous vibrations coming through the floor. After about 20 secs it goes. Has...
  8. Goldie Jon

Cosmic EP3 with White Wheels

My wheels need refurbing and i'll be looking at getting them done very soon. I've had a look and most go for Bronze or Anthracite which I don't really like. I never thought white would go with a cosmic but this looks good. What do you guys think?
  9. Goldie Jon

Another Blower Question

I've used the search for the fault of no blowers working. Mine works, but on full wack it feels like its on the first notch. So its really weak. I've got hot and cold air but its just trickling out. Would this still be the Heater Power Transistor. Or could it be something like a clogged...
  10. Goldie Jon

B Pipe rattle at 4k

Hi I've got a slight rattle at about 4k after fitting a Supersprint B pipe a couple of days ago. The exhaust heat shield has been removed. So its not that. Sounds very metallic. Sometimes its there sometimes its not. Any ideas?
  11. Goldie Jon

Goldie Jon's CG EP3

Bought on Saturday. 45,000 miles. Love it. Just had the windows tinted by RCS tinting in Corwen. Here are some pics. My old car 173bhp & 300lbs/ft. Nobu :) Lol. The Clean Machines
Back