• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. B

Fitting a bride seat.

Hi all, just wondering what my options are for putting in a seat I’ve just acquired, it’s a bride Gias low max. I’ve seen rails on eBay but I’m not sure if they’re compatible with the ep3? Could the rails from my original seats be welded or modified to work with the bride seat?
  2. B

Back in an ep3 K24 Frank! I’m in love.

Yep that’s the one.
  3. B

As a very amateur curb side mechanic I was elated to say the least, I’d be surprised if this wasn’t the culprit as it ties up with everything that’s been happening. If not I’ll swallow my pride and admit though!
  4. B

Little update, I think I’ve found the gremlin. Tracing the plugs back to the one which plugs into my intake hose, before the map sensor I found that at the connector was a small piece of exposed cable I cut it and reattached it properly looks like it was touching the battery brace and causing...
  5. B

That makes perfect sense, I’m doing the inspection now, thoroughly appreciate everyone’s input in helping to resolve this issue.
  6. B

I could t agree more to be honest. you’re like that mate that says ‘you don’t need to jump into that river, just chill and finish your beer’ it is plenty fast enough as is and I want to keep it for a long time so I’m going to concentrate on making it reliable. I ran the kpro app whilst driving...
  7. B

Ok I’ll do that tomorrow, I meant to ask if anyone can give me advice on what the tuner said about the engine wanting to rev higher but being limited by the rods, he reckons the expensive bits done with the Brian crower stage 2 cams and that if I replaced the rods or even just the rod bolts I...
  8. B

Just back from another blast and it’s not missing a beat! Surely something to do with me unplugging the throttle body. I’m a big believer in if it ain’t broke logic but what do you folks suggest I do to stop it happening again? Replace the plugs? TPS? Both?
  9. B

I’m picking up an old one this evening. I’ve had a good half hour blast in it again there and it didnt hesitate once.
  10. B

This just makes no sense to me at all. As I said this morning it felt like it was in limp mode, complete cut at 2k. I unplugged the two plugs on my throttle body/TPS plugged em back in went for a drive and not one single hesitation? Wtf?
  11. B

Thanks for the advice and seems very possible. Not much point in taking it off till I have a new one I suppose? Where would I find a the more modern one? Looking at it I’m assuming the throttle body needs to come off to take the tps off? Also it looks like I have a plug that’s not connected to...
  12. B

Google says throttle position sensor.
  13. B

Excuse my ignorance but I’m not sure what that means. I’m assuming a TPS isn’t a tyre pressure sensor?
  14. B

Took it out his morning and it’s refusing to go over 2k. Thinking it’s activated limp mode or something. I wish I had a laptop!
  15. B

I was more than a bit annoyed to hear that, guy said it was knocking fairly badly too. He managed to iron it out but today it’s driving worse than ever wouldn’t go above 2k for a while then it would, but still jerking regularly. Has to have been eurospec who disabled the knock sensor. Once...
  16. B

Ok I’ll give that a go, I need to get hold of a cheap laptop first. Is it easy enough to data log?
  17. B

Bump anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
  18. B

To be honest it needs to be fixed locally as taking a long drive is asking for trouble. I’m going to take it back to sos and hope the fault shows itself this time.
  19. B

I forgot to mention that the guy at sos told me the knock sensor had been disabled!
  20. B

Being in Edinburgh I’m limited to choice, I wouldn’t attempt a drive to tdi with the car like it is. SOS were recommended and they have a great rep, the guy there was brilliant he spent over 2 hours with it on the rollers and charged me way less than I was expecting, but as the symptom didn’t...
  21. B

The story with the map is that I have a receipt from eurospec2000 from 2015 showing a full remap then anther receipt from 2017 stating a new mani was fitted with a map teak again from eurospec. The tuner I had it at on Wednesday reckons the map tweak might not have actually happened as he...
  22. B

His is one of the pulls with a little lick of flame. I couldn’t believe it didn’t show the symptom all morning. https://youtu.be/r_9oW-GVeN4
  23. B

Little update, I went to sos in Falkirk on wednesday, car went straight on the rollers to try and find this fault, 2 hours later and several pulls and a full remap and the symptom decided not to show itself once! I didn’t go in for a remap just to try and find this fault but the owner said he...
  24. B

I actually think there’s a good chance this could be the problem, job for this morning then since I’m off!
  25. B

booked in with sos Motorsport in Falkirk next week. I was going to change injectors but risky spend if that’s not the fault. I have a receipt from eurospec for a map tweak and injector pins? Could this mean it’s had injector trouble before?
  26. B

Shouldn’t I be getting some kind of error code on the kpro app?
  27. B

That seems a little bit beyond my curbside autos remit but I see what you’re saying as it may help narrow down the culprit. I suppose it could be so many other things though. I have no laptop so can’t data log on my kpro I do have the phone app but it doesn’t record and I’ve no idea why the...
  28. B

I’ve run two full tanks of redex through the engine and it’s not improved it at all.
  29. B

Id agree they seem far too cheap to be decent, trouble is I don’t even know if the injectors are the problem. I’m getting no fault codes on kpro just the symptom of sporadic power loss/lurching.
  30. B

I’m thinking I have bad/faulty/dirty injectors. Is it worth swapping them out before I take the car to a mapper? Has anyone had experience of the denso 410cc blue injectors? That’s what’s in it now and a new set are like 50 on fleabay.
  31. B

Also this power cut is getting more frequent. It was happening at lower revs yesterday and seems to be far more regular at higher rpm. I’m up in Edinburgh so a trip to eurospec is not really viable. Any suggestions for a mapper near me?
  32. B

Can the original seat rails be removed and welded onto these seats?
  33. B

Anyone help me with the seat? I’m assuming I need aftermarket rails? Will I need to get welding done? It’s a bride Gias low max I’ve bought.
  34. B

How easy is it to check if the internals are forged? I had read that the rev limit was lower on the Franks as you said, it’s not reoccurred now for the last 3 days and I’ve wrung it’s neck several times. If anything the plugs and redex seem to have increased the pops and burbles and it’s singing...
  35. B

I’m trying to only use shell premium but I’ve used tesco and bp ultimate too.
  36. B

You’re a bad influence sir! I will not be charging it... ever... definitely... probably. There’s just something about that instant buzz saw power this thing has, I also adore how obnoxiously loud it is. I’d fear forced induction could potentially change it for the worse. It’s fairly rapid as is...
  37. B

Some great info there bud thanks, I’m yet to get hold of a laptop so I can’t change anything in kpro yet, although I’d be nervous to go near it to be fair. It’s a weird one as it’s very few and far between the plugs and redex seem to have really helped no fault codes on the kpro at all.
  38. B

I just got an offer accepted on this. Can someone steer me in the direction of which rails would be suitable? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323230804290
  39. B

I’d be interested to see how easy the fn2 seats go in.
  40. B

Not sure but I don’t think it’s necessarily clutch related seems to happen at 7-8.5k on the revs quick loss of power then back on. I’m guessing it’s fuel related?
  41. B

I did think about fn2 seats. They are lovely. Apparently they weigh a ton though. On another note, the power drop has resurfaced. It’s like a totally loss of power engine completely dies then as soon as the clutch is pressed its back to life. Changing the plugs stopped it for a day or two but...
  42. B

Admittedly I’m a bit of a tyre tard.
  43. B

How hard would it be to get these in? https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIDE-GIAS-V1-Low-Max-RED-Gradation-Cloth-Single-Reclining-Racing-Seat-w-Slider-/122875263130?_ul=GB
  44. B

I do like those red buddy clubs...
  45. B

Dc2 recaros are the dream right? All the ones I’ve seen are 700 quid and manky. I’d settle for premier ones though. Are there any generally accepted aftermarket options?
  46. B

The only let down with the car is that the drivers seat looks like it’s seen a fair bit of soap bar bombers, I’ve just scrubbed it with that woolite stuff and it’s better but I want a new seat.
  47. B

I did indeed go for t1r’s the fronts already had nearly new ones on already and I got a good price on the matching backs. Next set I’ll go federal if you reckon the difference is noticeable. I’m not a fan of the black rear either, previous owner had a black mugen spoiler on it at one point I...
  48. B

Many thanks, it’s just so much fun to drive, this arb? Easy to find them?
  49. B

The yokos are gone already! Backs were near the limit when I got it. I’ve just put Toyo proxes on as I’ve used them before and feel they return good grip with decent wear time.
  50. B

Hello all, Well after a 3 year vtec sabbatical I have scratched the recurring itch by purchasing a 2004 ep3 that’s had a little bit of work done. I know the company that did the swap and it’s been mapped to a healthy 262bhp 210 torques. I’ve had a standard ep3 and a mildly tuned fn2 in the...
Back