• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. birchy

Stereo issues, Extremely annoying

Hi, ive got problems with the stereo in my Type R. Basically when my music is playing the speakers cut out. The music continues playing and the sub is still working but the speakers cut out. It is deffinately a loose connection somewhere because as daft as it sounds, if you shake the car or tap...
  2. birchy

Put my mind at rest....

Hi, Basically this evening I was driving 'enthusiastically' and somehow accidentally went into 1st instead of 3rd. Embarrassing I know :( The car obviously chucked us forward and bounced of the limiter. There's no knocking and the gearbox feels ok. Will it be ok? :(
  3. birchy

Eml diagnostic. Opinions?

Right, so I had a mate read a code on my car and it's showing up something along the lines of: Catalyst efficiency bank 1 What does this mean exactly?
  4. birchy

EPS and EML???

Hi, My Type R is displaying the following lights occasionally. Every so often my EPS light comes on and in the past 3 weeks my EML has come on twice, I reset the ecu the first time and it has come back on today.. I know i obviously need to get the fault code and get it diagnosed but in the...
  5. birchy

Front bumper

On an ep3 front bumper, half the radiator is exposed and half covered by the black plastic pieces. Do these serve a purpose or can they be removed?
  6. birchy

HID's???

Hi all, Recently bought some HID's for my Type R, Question being, there is obviously a main bulb (Dipped/full) and a small side light bulb. In the kit I can only see a main bulb??? However my mate bought a kit for his Type R and has HID side lights? Help please? Picture:
  7. birchy

Changing an ep3 rad DIY, Hard or not??

Bought a new rad and 5ltr bottle of antifreeze. Looking to change it asap as mine is leaking fairly badly. How hard is the job to do? Could anybody post a quick guide for me/link me to one please? I did use the search but couldn't find anything
  8. birchy

Help needed, best place to buy...

I have a leaking radiator, Other than Honda, does anybody know a good place *UK based* to buy a good quality radiator? Cheers
  9. birchy

Birchy's Silver CTR

Hi, I took a few pictures today so thought id put them up on here. C+C welcome :)
  10. birchy

How to turn off the engine management light??

Hi I have fitted an aftermarket air filter to my type r, It has caused the EML to come on, Its quite obvious its come on because of this because I only drove it off my drive. How do I turn the light off myself??? I dont really want to pay £40 at my local garage to wipe it if I can do it...
  11. birchy

Weird overheating problem??

I have a small issue with my Type R. It keeps overheating!!! Its strange though because its very intermittent, and 99% of the time it happens when the car is stationary. I can drive 50 miles to work and back, no overheating.. and get to a set of traffic lights and it will creep up toward...
  12. birchy

Setting up an amplifier??? Please help

Hi, Im really no ICE expert but have managed to wire my amp in. Heres my set-up for starters... Juice wiring kit (I think its this one) In phase amp Audiobahn AW1200V Sub Question being... Im a bit confused in how to get the best sound out of the sub, Safely! Here is what im faced...
  13. birchy

Wiring Amplifier in, CONFUSED

So im trying to wire in an amplifier for a sub I Purchased. Its a decent system, not a cheap job. Ive connected a cable from the +battery to the amp as guided. And a cable from the earth which ive tried touching to various parts of the back of the car. I really am not an ICE wizard so Ive...
  14. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

So yesterday I was changing my pads and on the one side the piston will not go back in!!! The rubber seal has been damaged at some point which has left it exposed to the weather. What should I do here in peoples opinions? Can I fix it myself? i.e take the piston out somehow and clean it up...
  15. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

So yesterday I was changing my pads and on the one side the piston will not go back in!!! The rubber seal has been damaged at some point which has left it exposed to the weather. What should I do here in peoples opinions? Can I fix it myself? i.e take the piston out somehow and clean it up...
  16. birchy

5W40 oil??

Ive used the search feature but just wanted to clarify this. A lot of people have suggested a good Fully Synth 5W40 oil for the Type R. The only one I can really find available is Castrol Edge in Halfrauds. It says its for Turbo Diesel though??? Can I Still use it? Thanks
  17. birchy

How to I bleed my cooling system????

A carry on from the thread I posted yesterday... Going to try and bleed my cooling system to wipe out the possibility of an air blockage causing my water to boil over. Whats the best way to do this??
  18. birchy

Water bubbling over???

For the first time today i turned off my car and the water was bubbling out of the overflow tank? I think its the overflow anyway, the bottle right at the front by the radiator. What could cause this? :confused: Thanks
  19. birchy

Mine and a few mates Type R's

Took a few pictures the weekend, so I thought I'd post them up for anyone interested. C+C welcome Thanks
  20. birchy

Help Big problems!!!! PLEASE HELP

I have no idea where its come from but my car has suddenly started really screwing up. It all started this morning when the petrol guage said it had just above empty but it cut out on the way to the petrol station... Not sure if this is because it ran out of petrol or because of whatever is...
  21. birchy

Lights not working

I think I have a loose connection with my electrics somewhere, both of my dipped beam lights are not working. I originally thought it was the bulbs, but i went over a harsh bump in the road last night and they flickered on?? Full beam and side lights work as normal. Where should i try the...
  22. birchy

New member :)

Hi, im new to the forum and just thought id show a few pictures of my new car :) Thanks
  23. birchy

Water leak!!

Hi, I bought a new car yesterday and have been experiencing quite large water leaks randomly from the top of the water bottle where the pipe connects to it? It wont do it for an hour or so and then ill stop and have a pool of water on the floor :( Please help
  24. birchy

Chain and Tensioners

Hi, Im looking to buy a Type R at the moment. It is on 92,000 with full Honda Service History. I asked him if the Chain had been tightened or whatever needs doing because im not sure :confused: I had been told that they have a habit of jumping the teeth if not seen to and that it is an...
Back