• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 Just bought a DC2...

A brief update, 7 months on... Several thousand track miles later; Rockingham, Silverstone and 130 laps of the Nordschleife with no problems! I'm off to Le Mans next week for another trackday and hopefully another private trackday on the Nordschleife the week after. The interior is now a...
  2. Mark83

My trackday was cancelled tomorrow so have £119 credit with Circuit Days so Spa just got £119 cheaper in my head :lol:
  3. Mark83

Spa-Francorchamps Oct 5-6

I doubt I'll be booking until around February.
  4. Mark83

Was indeed damp. AWD came in handy :lol: I'll be there Friday 2nd April with Circuit Days, I would imagine a lot of us will be there.
  5. Mark83

Did anyone go in the end? I was there on the Monday.
  6. Mark83

See you there!
  7. Mark83

My Evo IX FQ340

Burning petrol and eating Portuguese chicken...
  8. Mark83

My Evo IX FQ340

See you on the Stortford bypass :twisted:
  9. Mark83

No can do matey, sods law I'm at Rockingham that day. It's my only booked UK trackday for next year. A few of us are doing Spa on the 2nd April if you fancy it, I can probably arrange a discount too.
  10. Mark83

I've not done a HOT day in years. I'll head over and see if I can remember my username and password... Hopefully I'll get on some more UK days although it well end up stored in Germany from April.
  11. Mark83

It took some haggling Stu and I knew the seller through someone.
  12. Mark83

As a road car the Impreza isn't that expensive run, ignoring the 18mpg I average. It's when you start tracking them/driving them hard the costs spiral.
  13. Mark83

I wouldn’t say the Impreza is particularly lively, if anything they will understeer as standard. Mine was set up by PowerStation and this gave a more neutral balance. It was fun exiting corners sideways. Even on R888’s I was exiting the Bus Stop chicane at Spa-Francorchamps sideways. The...
  14. Mark83

Chalk and cheese but no less fun to drive. Sell the Impreza?
  15. Mark83

A couple for those wanting photos...
  16. Mark83

10 internetz to Stu. Yes, I'm from Hertford.
  17. Mark83

It's just a standard one but will get some photographs at the weekend.
  18. Mark83

I gave in and bought one, CW 98 UKDM. Probably be used at weekends but the track is calling. It's my first Type R since I sold my EP3 in 2006. If any one wants to share their wisdom with me go for it... My first plan is cambelt and service followed by rebushing and rebuilding the drivers...
  19. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

:lol: I was lucky enough to have a CTR at 21 enjoy the car.
  20. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

Oh no, you'll just have to make do with a CTR at 21.
  21. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 non type r

How much would your insurance be with those mods you talk about though?
  22. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 Whats my car worth Integra Type R 1999 34k

Archers have a great reputation on www.focusstoc.com they have many happy customers. There is a big-ish meet at the D1ck (swear filter) Turpin Pub on the A127 next Sunday (20th Jan) if you fancied meeting some owners. Nothing chavy, meet up over a drink/sunday lunch etc. Possibly an...
  23. Mark83

Cough cough 1st refusal... ;)
  24. Mark83

You can't beat retaining a full manufacturers warranty. To be fair mine has now cover 30k miles, 99% of those miles running 300bhp and it's never put a foot wrong (touch wood). I am keeping my FST, looking for a DC2 for a bit of fun :twisted: I'm not sure why your emails are failing...
  25. Mark83

Dave, I have a Focus ST. I'd happily take you out in mine, it's running just shy of 300bhp & >320lb/ft at the last rolling road, I'm since had a new map installed on my car.. Dave, if you interested in the Focus ST have a look on www.focusstoc.com (I have the same username on there).
  26. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 Hey, enquiring about a DC2

DC2 wins for me when it comes to driving experience. EP3 wins if you want more of an all round car and a slightly diluted Type R experience.
  27. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 how many black uk dc2's??

My aim is for 100 laps of the Nordschleife in 2008 so I hope mine doesn't suffer the same fate.
  28. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 Hey, enquiring about a DC2

Best source of information is the DC2 forum. I'm in a similar simtuation as you, looking to buy and I've been doing my research on the site below. http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/ I'm suprised at 19 your insurance is that low. If you're increasing your budget to >£5 you'll find most...
  29. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 how many black uk dc2's??

Might be less now as I witnessed a bad crash at the Nordschleife in October and I doubt the DC2 involved survived :(
  30. Mark83

I live on the Herts/Essex border. I'm free most weekends.
  31. Mark83

£6k is my budget, been looking for the right one for a couple of months to be my weekend/track car. R32's are nice, a mates got one with the optional RS4 seats.. lovely, as is the sound :cool: If you can squeeze into a S2000 a mate of mine is looking to sell his as he's looking to buy a...
  32. Mark83

£6k for cash... worth a try :whistle I'll get my coat.
  33. Mark83

DC2 DB8 DC5 What a day!

I went out in this car on Wednesday, big mistake, I'm now trawling the classifieds for a DC2.
  34. Mark83

FD2 FD2 owners/pre-orders thread

You're in for a disappointment http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/civic.asp
  35. Mark83

FD2 Any FD2's down south I can try?

CTRO is certainly very different now to when I first joined.
  36. Mark83

Stu, that guy is an idiot. Good forum by the way, registerd on here last last but never visited since. I see the 'old boys' of CTRO are running it.
  37. Mark83

FD2 Cussing it?

At least my thread gave some people some entertainment. I can understand someone being defensive of the car they own but at least open your eyes. Mark
  38. Mark83

I made the 100 mile trek to Litchfields, well worth it. I'm waiting for Iain to get back to me regarding warranty. Mark
Back