• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

Oil filter change

dealer filter it is then cheers stoo.
  2. F

Oil filter change

im not sure myself
  3. F

Oil filter change

anyone know about this pipercross filter if its ok to use or not ??
  4. F

Oil filter change

honda dealer recommend 10w40, but 5w 40 castrol edge i used . its a question about a oil FILTER :rolleyes:
  5. F

Oil filter change

Hi iam going to service my ep3 this week just like to know a pipercross oil filter would be ok to use or has anyone bought and tried this product out? i normally use oem filter, thanks...
  6. F

MOBIL 1 oil 10w60

just finding out new infos guys take a chil pil!!
  7. F

MOBIL 1 oil 10w60

** go for the 5w40 castrol edge then cheers tomcat
  8. F

MOBIL 1 oil 10w60

Time to change my ep3 engine oil used lucas 5w40 performance oil now iv heard 10w60 mobil 1 which is for high power engines if i should try it or if anyone has used this oil in there ep3? thanks
  9. F

K100 ecu

hi just like to know if the k100 ecu is a standard ecu or is it a aftermarket one?
  10. F

problem after fitting manifold and decat

its going to tdi north soon as i mentioned before for a map
  11. F

cant remap my old ecu so iam going to have to buy a pro ecu if i could remap the standard ecu i would had done it striaght away. saving some £££ for a pro ecu.. its running good so far to be ohnest its just good as it was before, honda v tec engine iam sure it wont go down that quick just...
  12. F

sorted was the fuse after all under the steering wheel engine light fuse 10amp. running all good with the manifold and decat will map it later on when i have the funds.
  13. F

anyone know what fuse would it be ? when the car starts up the battery light comes on. i will take the sensor off iam thinking its that as the wires are touching the body has coursed it.
  14. F

Hi. just had fitted a japspeed manifold and a decat pipe used the spacers forthe engine light not to come on but stil did!! left the gargage after a little drive my battery light came on and eps steering went hard aswell went back to the garage told my alternator is gone its not powering...
  15. F

number plate bulb change ?

thanks
  16. F

number plate bulb change ?

just like to know how to change the number plate bulb ? the bulb cover is really hard to come off is that the way i have to change them or some other ? thanks
  17. F

lucas oil ??

i dont think so skelly!
  18. F

lucas oil ??

well iv just found this oil as thier are so many brands to choice from and different prices if you aint got nothing to say for the question iv asked then there is no need of making funny comments!!!
  19. F

lucas oil ??

no harm in that as its a forum reasons i joined it to ask questions to know whats good and bad.
  20. F

lucas oil ??

Hi just like to know if the lucas oil 5w40 is good for my ep3 ? has anyone tried lucas oils? thanks
  21. F

Ep3 type r re map ??

I will speak to tdi north about mapping thanks
  22. F

Ep3 type r re map ??

I found out this should help if i de cat it and fit this on to the sensor it will not make the light come on, :)...
  23. F

Ep3 type r re map ??

was gona d cat it but i heard the engine light will come on and the car might run lumpy? if i get a decat pipe with the sensor hole to fit in i wonder if the light will still come on?
  24. F

Ep3 type r re map ??

I love the v tec sound but if you cant hear that after the map then i would not be to sure about the remap, just that i wanted more torque and power for my ep3
  25. F

Ep3 type r re map ??

Hi i have a civic type r on a 54 i want to get more power out of it was thinking to have it re mapped if that is possible on the type r `s ? has anyone got a ep3 re mapped and who would you guys recommend? Thanks
  26. F

EP3 GROUNDING KIT EARTH

Hi i like to know if anyone has fitted a earth kit on a ep3? has the car improved in anything is it worth fitting one? cheers...
  27. F

gearbox oil litres required??

How many litres of gearbox oil will i need for ep3 to do a change ?
  28. F

what oil shall i use for the gearbox ep3??

thanks.. i did ring opie they said motul 75w80 is the oil you want but i think i will go for the mtf-3 cheers dotty
  29. F

what oil shall i use for the gearbox ep3??

should i use this >>> http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60205-motul-motylgear-75w-80-gearbox-oil.aspx or dealers MTF-3 ?? i just like to drain the old oil and put some new oil in the gerabox was to know which one i should go for.
  30. F

shell helix ultra af 5w30

** try to return it back 2mra and get a refund.
  31. F

the shop keeper never had it on the shopfloor so he said 5w30 is just good as 40 grade. Iam happy its a fully synthetic and its a shell brand
  32. F

just bought a shell helix ultra af 5w30 fully synthetic for my ep3
  33. F

Mobil 1 new life 0w40 oil ep3

why 5w 40?
  34. F

Mobil 1 new life 0w40 oil ep3

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68959-mobil-1-0w-40-new-life-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx just like to know if this oil would be good for my engine with 92k on clock. cheers
  35. F

FUCHS TITAN XTR 5W30

shell helix is a good aswel but mobil 1 is a f1 formula performance racing oil, just in two minds which one to buy
  36. F

FUCHS TITAN XTR 5W30

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_241643_langId_-1_categoryId_165581 0w 40 i know i should use 5w 30 but iam getting a good deal elsewere mobil 1 newlife how ever my engine does not burn oil it a good engine , iam sure it should...
  37. F

FUCHS TITAN XTR 5W30

This oil good for a ep3 type r ?? http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-991-fuchs-titan-xtr-5w-30-high-performance-fuel-economy-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx cheers
  38. F

HKS FILTER ON A TYPHOON INTAKE PIPE??

I wanted to know of i can fit a hks filter on a k&n intake pipe? cheers
  39. F

EP3 Type r 2004 DE Cat ??

going to look at a HKS or BLITZ filter for it
  40. F

will map it but i wanted a de cat as it would had gave me full flow power and figures on the rolling road. probably look at some sports cat
  41. F

I like to get my type r de cated but iv heard if you de cat them the engine manegement light stays on. Is that true? how can i get away with that folks ???? I really want my car to have a full flow as iv just fitted the typhoon k&n induction kit, cheers
  42. F

Oil questions and recommendations here

hi guys Just like to ask if mobil super 3000 fe 5w30 oil in halfords is a good to buy for ep3 engine it says fully synthetic cheers
  43. F

iv seen a oil its a mobil super 3000fe 5w30 has anyone bought this and tryed it?? cheers
  44. F

SIDE LAMP HOLDER??

iam looking for a side light holder it goes in the headlamp were you put the small bulb in any one got any spares for the lamps for a 04 plate ??? cheers
  45. F

Just done service - my quick How-To

i can see you had fitted bosch plugs are they recomendid as i bought ngk iridium thats what dealers sold me.
  46. F

Cheers .. will stick to 5w30 or 40.
  47. F

EP3 GEARBOX OIL ?

what oil can i use for my 2004 type r for the gearbox? honda says mtf 3 can i use any other brand?? cheers
  48. F

what oil for ep3 ??

0w40 ok for ep3 engines mate??
  49. F

what oil for ep3 ??

might just go for Mobil 1 newlife 0w40 fully synthetic its 5 ltr when castrol do 4ltr and but 1 ltr extra long thing lol, i hope 0w 40 isnt to thin oil for the car ?:confused:
  50. F

what oil for ep3 ??

i own a black type r 54 plate , going to service it soon and have hid kits fitted soon as. just was confused what oil to buy was also looking at magnatec 5w30 and mobil super 3000 5w30 also. but yeah iam not going for any cheapo such as planet oil or comma oils lol! my spark plugs cost me...
  51. F

facelift headlamps

any ideas ?
  52. F

0w 40 ??
  53. F

is castrol edge 5w 40 good for civic ep3 engine? mobil 1 0w 40 newlife?? cheers
  54. F

facelift headlamps

just like to know if the headlamp cover can come off as i like to clean mine inside of it as it looks bit its not clear inside as it should be like new . i heard you can get plastic polish for the lamps might try a mop machine on um ,:o
  55. F

what oil for ep3 ??

hardly drive it just take it out now and then as a second car and i treat it like a baby lol since bought it i havnt yet kikd v tec in only did when i took it for a test drive :D.. so is 5w40 ok to use? iam looking to go halfords or motorsport shop for a performance oil
  56. F

what oil for ep3 ??

Hi i have just bought type r on a 2004 done 90k want to service it bought set of ngk laser iridium plugs of ebay now iam shopping around for a good quality oil such as castrol mobil etc just like to know what grade oil should be fine for my engine it runs sweet never burns oil :).. will...
  57. F

Hid Kit Which Kit do i need ???

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Going to shop for a set of h1 kits would probably go for the brighter 55w 6000k usual ones are 35w after my research,
  58. F

cheers. whould anyone recommend any place were to get a good set of h1 kits ?
  59. F

where did you buy the 55w 6000k kits mate was it ebay?? so iam sure i only just need to buy h1 hid kits for mine not gona boder with h4 etc..
  60. F

cheers. would it be a straight fitment if id bought the kit and the holders? i was looking at some h1 6000k 55w kits which are brighter then normal 35w
  61. F

Hello i own a civic type r 2004 was to get the hid conversion done but iam confused what bulb kit do i need to buy?? My bulb size is the h1 but some people have got h4 kits in their cars?? so iam confused can anyone help Thanks, :confused:
Back