• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. kipper.

FEELS Seat rail EP3 help

Hi guys, I bought a feels rail for my EP3 recaro but there is no where to mount the seat belt holder too, like a parts missing, has anyone got experience or a pic of theirs mounted? Thanks Kris
  2. kipper.

EP3 - Balljoints

I think that's what I meant :lol:
  3. kipper.

EP3 - Balljoints

I've got a suspicion Area have cross referenced a part no. and found an OEM balljoint that fits, Certainly looks like one to me: http://areamotorsport.co.uk/area-shop/replacement-oem-front-ball-joint-ep3-civic-type-r/ Might be worth sending an email to check because I could be well off, I...
  4. kipper.

UKDM CR-V Final drive a 5.06?

I have a chance to buy a 2002 UKDM 2.0 5spd CR-V gearbox (Z2M1), Was thinking of pulling the FD out of it, Can anyone confirm this gearbox has the 5.06 (5.1 FD) from experience? Or is it the Japanese domestic market models only that have the 5.06? Cheers Kris
  5. kipper.

DC5 restoration - track project

Nice work, Thing looks well balanced on track too! How did you find the steering slider in the end?
  6. kipper.

EP3 Steering rack slider - Anyone replace on here?

Sound advice, I'll take that onboard, Don't happen to have a link to the how-to?
  7. kipper.

Appreciate your input anyway, Cheers!
  8. kipper.

Gents, I am wondering if anyone on here has replaced the steering rack slider on the EP3? I'd like to ask a few questions: a) Can it be replaced with rack in replace? (My gearbox will be out at the same time) b) Should there be any other parts I replace at the time? Or might damage in the...
  9. kipper.

2006 Cosmic Grey EP3 - Mild track project

Saw your build up, Looks like your going a similar direction indeed! '06 Cosmic's FTW!
  10. kipper.

Good to hear, Cheers!
  11. kipper.

Thanks guys, Have a few updates since and plans ahead revolve around make it more track worthy! Horrible knock around front when going over uneven surfaces, Have had it MOT'd and checked over when getting the clutch done and very little was found. I'm hoping my SHG slider will sort that though...
  12. kipper.

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Very nice! Tegiwa Cat-back seem's spot on too, Car seems in good shape :). Eibach rear camber arms?
  13. kipper.

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Read from start to finish, Great thread, car and dedication! You need some better tyres for track rather than those rubbish PS2's!
  14. kipper.

How restrictive is the OEM backbox?

Interesting, I should probably get something to replace the OEM backbox in reality but just trying to decide on something quiet enough, Cold starts at 6:30am in my complex wouldn't be adored to say the least.
  15. kipper.

Cheers for the advice, See I wasn't 100% when I removed the J's backbox if the lack of sound was a placebo. Hmmmm...
  16. kipper.

Yeh, She bought it with about 40k on it, over 5 years ago, Got it washed every week and it's her favorite car to date. I was going to use it for a few months and sell it, But enjoy it more than I thought I would have.
  17. kipper.

Indeed! I have them on the rear too, Might try their tie rod ends, any experience with those?
  18. kipper.

Improved handling modifications advice

Indeed this also! And an example of how poor OEM front camber/geo is when comparing to the multi link rear, Wish these car's had double front wishbones like the previous gen cars.
  19. kipper.

DC5 restoration - track project

Great turnaround with this car, Well done! Nice write up regarding the first TD, Sounded like you enjoyed it in the end up. Have you used the RSR's before and what did you think of them? I've tried numerous tyres including them, Just always like hearing peoples thoughts on them, Particularly...
  20. kipper.

Improved handling modifications advice

Front negative camber is the most important thing on these cars IMO, Get some front camber bolts and get them set to at least -1.5 degrees and 0.0 toe or some toe out on the front will liven it up too. Tyres is the obvious one also. I have a JDM Rear ARB and a similar setup at the moment...
  21. kipper.

Gents, I thought I would start to document the progress on the EP3: I actually took this off my mums hands about 6months ago, I needed to raise money for a house deposit and having just owned my FN2 for 10months we thought it would make sense to do a part exchange. The EP3 was more suited to my...
  22. kipper.

Afternoon all, I have a '06 Premier EP3 which has saw track a couple times now, I Bought a J's 60R for it a while but ended up selling the backbox and keeping the B-pipe as it was just too loud for the apartment complex I live in. I plan a 4-2-1 manifold, K100 & RBC... Once I get my wavetrac...
  23. kipper.

Civic Ep3 loud rumbling noise exhaust

It could be that different parts of the exhaust are expanding/contracting at different rates due to the cooling effect of the rain and it's maybe causing a small leak at the joins/flanges? I know exhausts expand when hot, But on an N/A K20 there is something wrong with exhaust fitment if the...
  24. kipper.

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Very nice! My pervious car was Alabaster Silver, Makes for an incredibly clean and sharp looking car IMO. Sounds like you got a great example and as far I'm aware those RSK intake's make proven gains on the dyno.
  25. kipper.

Ep3 Nervous front end under hard acceleration

Yes, your right about our roads haha, Odd. I've heard a few stories of front geo "slipping" on track/hard driving on these cars with the MacPherson setup,Might be worth getting the front checked if it's posing such an issue.
  26. kipper.

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

FN2's are fantastic car's and are underrated for what they offer as a package imo. I owned a pristine late 2008 example for a year there, there sharp out of the box, look modern and refined as you say but still fun enough to make you want to go for a blast. I got rid of mine to help fund a...
  27. kipper.

To paint or not to paint

Painted my old FN2 calipers Hammerite silver to keep an OEM look, my calipers were quite rusty so needed a fair amount of sanding/cleaning to get a half decent finish.
  28. kipper.

Gearbox Issue Help or advise needed PLEASE!

Had very similar symptoms recently, Can't believe how a new OEM Honda clutch transformed my car. Wouldn't take 2-6 near the redline and only would if I dropped out of VTEC, clutch wasn't slipping or anything.
  29. kipper.

Exedy clutch

Installed an OEM clutch recently, £155.00 from a Honda dealer in Perth via eBay. I heard similar stories about the Exedy models and didn't take the chance.
  30. kipper.

Odd noise from suspension ....

I had the same recently, It was related to my front pads it seemed after a fair bit of abuse. Got the same on track after a while, high pitch vibration/squeal like sound on EBC yellow as I didn't use shims in fear of them melting.
  31. kipper.

Ep3 Nervous front end under hard acceleration

I presume this is on a smooth and flat surface? Which brand of tyres did you switch from and to? Odd that you noticed it after the new tyres, Would have sort the port of call is getting geometry re-checked.
  32. kipper.

which coilovers

Some interesting views regarding coilovers in this thread, And regarding the shorter stroke due to lowering the ride height, I used to have the first generation Skunk coilovers about 7-8 years ago and these were not a dual perch design, Meaning I had to lower the spring position on the damper to...
  33. kipper.

Nankang NS2R 215 40 17?

Just on a side note, Has anyone tried both the 120 & 180 rated Nankangs? The 120's are listed as the track version most places. How do they compare, on track, wear rating, grip etc...? I'm just trying to gauge whether the 120's are worth the bit extra since I'm planning to do a few track days...
  34. kipper.

Front Pads - Ferodo DS2500 V Project MU HC 800

HC800+ every time, DS2500 have a tendency to crumble on track and leave a build of debris on the disc creating vibration I found, And the fact mine were +50% worn after one trackday and EBC yellows on the same car, same track would last 3 trackdays told me they don't have a great wear rate. The...
  35. kipper.

Can anyone identify these De-Cat/Sports CAT pipes for EP3?

I don't unfortunately and the previous owner who I bought the J's cat-back off didn't respond to me, This was included. That's interesting, And I agree it looks like a custom job.
  36. kipper.

Can anyone identify these De-Cat/Sports CAT pipes for EP3?

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify these exhaust components? My incline is that I have a De-cat pipe and a sports cat pipe for an aftermarket manifold? Has anyone had anything similar or know what manifold they fit If I am correct? My K series knowledge definitely...
  37. kipper.

Premier edition Recaro - Will this bolt on to a DC5 seat rail?

Hello guys, Been thinking of buying a particular lowered DC5 seat rail, I was wondering if my Premier edition Recaro bolt straight on? My instincts are telling me yes, But thought I'd just confirm here. Thanks Kris
  38. kipper.

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

Mint example indeed, Nice to see one from the area that twice as low at the rear compared to the front! Good review on the Tegiwa cat-back, Really selling it to me. I have recently got one too, Might have saw the previous owner (My mum) driving around Coleraine in it, 06 reg. Cosmic grey Premier.
  39. kipper.

Kenz's DC5.

Very nice! Looks great on those slipstreams too, Look to have a nice ET. How do you rate the ARC Air box?
  40. kipper.

Recent FN2 Owner - Let go of the DC2 :(

Well not an awful lot has happened in the last few months with the FN2, but I did pull together a PH Carpool article for it before xmas which can be found here: http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-carpool/honda-civic-type-r-ph-carpool/33261 I have just come back from Japan with a couple of...
  41. kipper.

Squeaky Clutch Pedal - FIX!

I had a clutch pedal noise issue, So I greased up these bushes and spring but I then realized I was getting more of a 'click' rather than a squeak. The 'click' solution requires a bit of lube around the cylinder ram/piston. It's awkward!
  42. kipper.

Haven't updated this in a while, But It hasn't been the free motoring I had been expecting: After a month of ownership I got the dreaded and relatively rare '888' speedo fault, A new speedo cost nigh on £700 from Honda, Thankfully the car was under warranty! Secondly I had a clicking from...
  43. kipper.

Spectres JDM DC2 ITR

Looks like a very tidy example and everything looks to fit together well. Decent '96 specs are thin on the ground these days. Those replica ITR decals on the rear quarter are the only thing that lets it down for me, Get some OEM or failing that some Tegiwa ones.
  44. kipper.

newbie first time I've ever owned a type r

Very nice, I bought a silver one recently, FHSH on a 58. I think silvers a robust colour choice for a daily hack compared to the other options, That's why I chose it, subtle too.
  45. kipper.

Thanks man, Hmm... I guess the FN2 feel's a bit more torquey at lower RPM. But if the car's were put side by side, The DC2 of mine would pull away from the FN2 especially after 80mph. My DC2 had a Mugen airbox and Mugen twinloop Catback in terms of performance mods, Nothing else, It was only on...
  46. kipper.

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys! Yeh I feel this thing is too clean/fresh/new for some track abuse, To me anyway. Very nice for my daily drive and the odd blast which is exactly what I bought it for. It has now developed the '888' speedo issue, But it's booked in for a new Honda on...
  47. kipper.

So, I have sold the DC2, It was a fantastic car and a prime example. It's just with my current situation I couldn't justify parking it in the street/using it over winter & and it not being practical to run two car's at the moment. So I sold it without the Mugen Gen.2 and still have the MF10's...
  48. kipper.

EP3 Facelift and EP2 Sport grill's. What is the difference?

Hi guys, mum has a 2006 Premier EP3 in Cosmic grey, but she caught the bumper on a little tree on the driveway whilst reversing pulling the bumper off a bit and snapping the grill. Don't ask.. lol All is well and sorted apart from we need a new grill for it, Hen's teeth comes to mind when...
  49. kipper.

EP3 Hesitation under acceleration, sudden loss of power, odd backfire/pop

I would put money on it that it's the pre cat lamda sensor, it seems common on these, We got my mums replaced and it was fine, it showed up on the computer that this was the problem also though.
  50. kipper.

Anyone able to get me a radio code for my car? :)

Car didn't come with a radio code, the numbers I have displaying are 3001 1102 Kind Regards Kris
  51. kipper.

Yep turned out to be the Pre Cat o2 sensor. Thanks to Ped for sorting me out with one. Keeps my mum happy lol
  52. kipper.

Got it on the computer again and it showed up o2 sensor (1) so it's the Pre-cat one I presume, Found a used OEM Honda one in the F/S section so hopefully it sorts it out :).
  53. kipper.

Cheers guys, The car is a facelift (if it matters). Is there a pre cat and post cat sensor on them as in 2?, And any idea on figuring out which one it is? Or will the the particular sensor show up on the "computer" as it's getting plugged in tomorrow again just to confirm the fault as the fault...
  54. kipper.

Hey guys, my mum just bought an EP3 recently, and when the car is cold in the mornings particularly, it is very jumpy and hesitant under acceleration, idles fine, this only happens really when the cars out for the first time of the day, but can happen again if parked for a while. It has also...
  55. kipper.

Fuel Gauge seems to have jammed?

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum, I have a relative knowlege about Honda's and love them lol, I have a little yellow EK4 SiR. But anyway, My mum got an ep3 facelift recently and the fuel gauge seems to have jammed at around half full, between my mum and dad they have dorve it about 100miles since...
Back