• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

FN2 New head unit - suddenly no power to harness

Hi all, Been using these forums for years, and I’m back after some time - such a great resource. I have a question. I bought a new Kenwood DDX9019DABs headunit as I wanted to have wireless CarPlay. I’d installed head units in previous Honda’s so I more or less knew what to do. Everything was...
  2. D

FN2 Clutch Noise / Spigot Bush / Extended Warranty

Hi all, Have a 2010 CTR with 37K on the clock (its compliance plate is 07/2011 and I bought brand new so really 5 years old). Anyway, about 2-3 months ago I started to hear a whining noise as I released the clutch from a stationary start (as well as sometimes in gear two from low speed take...
  3. D

FN2 Rear Rotors & Brake Pads Replaced at 30K - normal?

Hi all, Had my 2011 Civic Type R from new and absolutely loved it. Put it in for the 40K service today and was told I need new rotors on the rear as well as new rear brake pads. The rotors especially were surprising as I've only done 32K and I rarely brake hard - I'm pretty smooth with using...
  4. D

FN2 FN2 Headlights / Left orange bulb

Hi all, Have followed this forum for years and think it's fantastic. I've had a 2010 Milano Red FN2 CTR from new and love it. Had a low speed front accident a few weeks ago that has now been repaired. But two things I've noticed - the left headlamp has orange indicator bulbs yet the right has...
  5. D

FN2 Scuff Marks on Drivers Door?

Does anyone also have this - i.e. from getting in and out, slight 'scuff' marks on the lower left of the door? I've noticed quite a few now and am wondering what the best product would be to remove them? I'm yet to use any sort of protectant on the doors - does anyone put anything on them and...
  6. D

A and B trip meters showing same avg fuel consumption

Hi all, (on my FN2) Just noticed something weird the other day - both my trip A and B are showing the identical average fuel consumption. I've set A to reset when I refuel and it's worked fine (B is the total kms from when I picked it up). But just the last few days both are showing the same...
  7. D

FN2 FN2 Milano Red - Tricoat?

Hi all, Well I've done a bit of research and Milano Red (the colour of my new Type R bought last Oct) is an "interesting" colour to say the least - I've read that it fades quite easily and nothing can be done because its under clear, BUT then I've read its a tricoat paint whereby there is a...
  8. D

FN2 A year between build and compliance date - anyone else?

Hi all, I bought my Civic Type R brand new here in Australia last Oct - the car has a build date of July 2010 but interestingly the compliance-plate date is July 2011 (VIN is SHHFN2360AU100284). I've previously had a 95 Integra VTi-R and its build date was June 95, complianced in December (6...
  9. D

FN2 Orange rust-y looking stuff - worry?

Hi all, Have seen this orange (almost rusty) looking subtance under a part in the engine bay - see the picture below - is this normal on Civics? I bought my car brand new about 4 months ago so was wondering if its like on all FN2s. Is it some sort of sealant maybe or? I'm not even sure what...
  10. D

FN2 How to check coolant reservoir level - too deep?

Hi all, Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm struggling to see the level of the coolant reservoir bottle - its so far down into the engine bay. Surely people don't remove the black plastic cover along the front of the bay each time? I can just see the "MAX" letters, but definitely can't see...
  11. D

FN2 Small chips from car on rear bumper - how to touch up?

Hi all, Am after some advice on how best to repair two paint 'chips' that happened the other day - I'm kicking myself how it happened. I bought the Civic Type R (brand new) back in October and still have my Integra VTi-R which I'm in the process of getting ready to sell. Anyway I came back...
Back