• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. knock83

EP3 slow gear changes / notchy gearbox shifter

I had the same issue as it wouldn't change gear easy in VTEC. Had to let the revs drop out of VTEC before I could change gear smoothly. Not good when you're trying to enjoy a spirited drive! Replaced the clutch last week and was definitely clutch. Mechanic showed me the old and it was almost...
  2. knock83

m2 silenced back pipe

Hi, I used to have a silenced 2.5" Sportex to a OEM back box. Sounded stock perhaps a marginally deeper tone, no real difference. Don't know how long the previous owner had it but it started blowing on the box. Switched to a unsilenced 2.5" Sportex pipe to the OEM box. Quite a nice raspy tone...
  3. knock83

DC Sports Cat back?? Buddyclub HKS etc

I'm undecided between tegiwa or hks. Like the style and sound of the hks but don't want another droney exhaust. I did like the sound of the dc sports in your vid
  4. knock83

DC Sports Cat back?? Buddyclub HKS etc

Is there any drone with the DC sports at motorway speeds? Looking into a new exhaust but hate droney exhausts.
  5. knock83

best exhaust for more rasp?

2.5" Unsilenced b pipe with the standard backbox in my opinion
  6. knock83

Ep3 Unsilenced or silenced exhaust system???

Does the rasp grow on you because im not sure if i like it. Im undecided whether to go unsilenced with std box or silenced m2
  7. knock83

Ep3 Unsilenced or silenced exhaust system???

Sometimes loud = drone which in my opinion ruins in what is a great drivers car. I had a cobra exhaust which had a terrible drone which in the end had to go!!
  8. knock83

M2 Catback SILENCED

Thanks for the input guys, m2 looks promising!
  9. knock83

M2 Catback SILENCED

1 question, does the silenced m2 drone? Had to switch from my Cobra cat back to a sportex silenced with std box because the Cobra was way too droney!! Thinking putting the m2 on my sportex silenced because that bung looks good when i have the GF in the car with me!
  10. knock83

Headlight adjuster fault

Just a quick one. My ep3 has just developed the common fault of the headlight adjuster buzzing. Can i get away with changing the adjuster or do i have to get a new complete headlight?
  11. knock83

Custom air intake box- Thoughts??

Personally I would go with this (probs the best cheap mod) until you get the gruppe m/tegiwa intake
  12. knock83

changing b pipe very rusty (cat end ) help

I had the same problem for my cat back. Too rusted to do myself. Phoned selecta tyres and they replaced the cat back for £30.
  13. knock83

Cobra 2.5" cat back fitted

Hehe my appologises, but still i read it all time on the forum that if anyone tries anything thats not the norm they get slated. Just getting fed up with it
  14. knock83

Wow tried to discuss an exhaust and all the JDM lovers start hating because the only reason i can gather is that its not JDM. Now its gone completely off topic another thread that will probably get mod blocked. Ironically because in the end of it all no questions were really answered because of...
  15. knock83

Thats one thing i hate about forums, you put up a thread in regards of experiences with a product and you get people that cant help themselves and post irrelevant posts. If you dont like the product and dont give reasons why then move on, you dont have to post anything and let the people who...
  16. knock83

This thread wasn't about "what do you guys reckon....." It was just my experiences with the exhaust. Plus there wasn't much information about them on the search feature.
  17. knock83

Sorry but i dont believe in spending hundreds on something with a name when i can get it at half the price and still have the lifetime guarantee and what Trev said above. Just gives me more money to spend on other goodies. Thats one of the reasons i turned to Cobra. On the other hand I do...
  18. knock83

Take it its louder with the dc5 header & cat or does it just change the tone? I just thinking when i eventually go for the header option
  19. knock83

I dont know why but these exhausts hardy come up in forums. Stainless steal, epic sound esp when vtec'in and a decent price.
  20. knock83

Well cant be that bad as i havent changed it yet! Think i have to get used to it ;)
  21. knock83

Awsome, one downer though is that it has got a loud drone. The Mrs hates it but hey..... Pleased i got the 6x4" oval as it fills the exhaust cut out nicely. Overall very pleased and the vtec noise is extremely addictive!!!!
  22. knock83

After the troubles of getting it fitted what a sweet sounding exhaust!! 7 days ago i ordered a Cobra s/s 2.5" cat back with a 6x4" oval tip and £335 later it arrived yesterday morning :lol: Fitting So i started to remove the old exhast. One look at the cat bolts i could tell where the tread...
  23. knock83

Quickshift induction?

OEM air box, hondata mod, uprated filter and a 90mm CAF (around £70 in total) will probs give better gains than the heat soak filter until you save enough for the daddy M!!
  24. knock83

Sportex

I've heard the sportex or supersprint b pipe is loads better than the scorpion with the diameter of 2.5" where as the scorpions only 2".
  25. knock83

Suggestion on Air Filter

Try some of our traders in the trade section of the forum. They have the answers for int shipping
  26. knock83

Suggestion on Air Filter

I have the hondata mod with K&N with a 90mm cold air feed from the grill. £40 for the filter and £10 for the caf, both fleebay specials. It does sound slightly louder over stock.
  27. knock83

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Funny you should say that about wanted xmas pressies, got the same reaction from my missus aswell!! Great motor aswell!!
  28. knock83

Hondata airbox mod

Unfortunatly no, i was in a hurry to get it back together and take her for a spin. I will probs take some pics when i borrow my mates dremel to neaten up the edges.
  29. knock83

Hondata airbox mod

Finally completed the mod today. I just followed christurbo thread posted before (back in 2009). Time - about 2hrs including an A1 test blast Cost - £16 for tools, £35 quid for the K&N filter and £9 for the 90mm CAF. Verdict For a mod that cost bugger all, its well worth a bash. Modding the...
  30. knock83

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Finally got them on car and they look the buisness!! Cheers mook
  31. knock83

Whats the best method to get them stuck on well?
  32. knock83

Hondata airbox mod

Im think of performing this mod soon with an ITG or K&N drop in filter and a CAF from the grill. My question is that would a 2nd CAF be detrimental coming from the fog light intake?
  33. knock83

Recieved today, cheers mate
  34. knock83

Can ya send us the external ep3 style 'R' forum decal x2? Papypal sent
  35. knock83

Headlight bulbs upside down?

Hi, ive tried searching the subject but to no avail. Question is is it possible to put H1 headlights in a 05 type r upside down? :confused:
Back