• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cobra 2.5" cat back fitted

After the troubles of getting it fitted what a sweet sounding exhaust!!

7 days ago i ordered a Cobra s/s 2.5" cat back with a 6x4" oval tip and £335 later it arrived yesterday morning :lol:

Fitting

So i started to remove the old exhast. One look at the cat bolts i could tell where the tread ends and the nut beginings. Not good. Rang the local Kwik Fit and they quoted £30 to fit the exhaust. After they got it up on the ramps and looking at the cat bolts wasn't good news. They wasn't prepared to touch them incase it breaks the cat flange.......hmmm.

In the end I took it to Selecta Tyre. Up it goes on the ramp thinking it was the same story. They managed to get the nuts off and re-threaded the cat bolts. The old exhaust was removed. This is where the fun began! The bolts holes on the new exhaust didnt match up to the cats, which he had to cut the holes to get it fitted (like the older hondas flange holes). Then when they got the back box on it was in contact with the bumper, which they had to heat bend the hanging bracket to lower it a few mill.

After an hour and half waiting in reception i hear this deep loud rumble and a massive smile came to my face!!! :D Overall they would have charged me £30 but because of the cutting and took long than normal they charged me £50.

Verdict

From 3-4000 rpm you get a loud deep rumble and when you floor it and hits the Vtec it just explodes like gods thunder :twisted:

I would't pair this back box with an unsilenced b-pipe as its extremely loud enough with a silenced b-pipe.

I will try to get a video of the exhaust after it cokes up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mate i have the scorpion cat back, unsilenced b-pipe with 6x4 oval the vid is on my thread. have a listen. sounds good, b-pipe is 2" though.

Awsome, one downer though is that it has got a loud drone. The Mrs hates it but hey..... Pleased i got the 6x4" oval as it fills the exhaust cut out nicely. Overall very pleased and the vtec noise is extremely addictive!!!!

When you say drone. I had an unsilenced bpipe and spoon rep fitted for all of one day, the noise was cringe worthy lol.

I just don't want boomy. I tried the n1 rep and unsilenced bpipe and it drove me mad for the one day it was on the car lol. What's people thoughts on the fujistibo twin pipe exhaust? Sorry to thread hi jack :(

I dont know why but these exhausts hardy come up in forums. Stainless steal, epic sound esp when vtec'in and a decent price.

I've got the same cobra, 2.5 cat back 6x4 oval with dc5 header and cat, love it also. Anything over 75 up 85-90 on the motorway is a little annoying but sit at 70 it's comfortable and quite economic..
It's track friendly but when kicking it in vtec sounds awesome (also have a teg m) and the noise is very addictive

Not a problem fella ( don't know your name )

If your looking at 350 ish and not bothered about 2nd hand the legalis r all the way for me as rare as rocking horse sh1t and top quality
Alternatively 335 gets you a new 2.5 cobra stainless cat back with a life time warranty

Choice is yours dude :)

Take it its louder with the dc5 header & cat or does it just change the tone? I just thinking when i eventually go for the header option

Can't compare as I fitted while thing at the same time, header to back box, it has more mid range now due to the header over stock
Before this had oem 4-1 header and cat, I removed b-pipe silencer ( worst thing I ever did ) with a Magnex back box.. Massively loud and raspy... Hated it
So swapped everything at once :)

I am very tempted by that exgaust, the cobra does appeal for the price, I'd want the jap style box ***, wether that makes a big difference in noise. I had a 6x4 piper system and didn't like the noise or the look tbh (sorry :()

Back