• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. L

Money Off Voucher

Kalashnikov If you look on link page, you will see a find store search option. It appears that not all shell garages are taking part in the offer. I used one the other day and only had to show the page with the actual barcode on. Hopefully you'll have better luck on your next try.
  2. L

Money Off Voucher

Cosmic_Chi i'm sorry to hear that. You shouldn't need to log in to any account. A voucher in PDF format is sent to the email address you provide and all you have to do is print it off. alan
  3. L

Money Off Voucher

Hi All, Here's a link for 5p off Shell fuel. Thought it might be worth those who are sceptical of the new Nitro to give it a go. You can only use 1 voucher at a time on fuel up to £50 but you can request as many vouchers as you like until end of Month. you will be sent a PDF voucher which you...
  4. L

what engine oil?

Chris05ep3, hoping to check the solenoid today, failing that, a visit back to TGM to get a proper going over by people who know what to look for and what they are doing. Not saying I'm mechanically inept, but a couple of hours of me scratching my head could be a 5 min solution for these guys.
  5. L

what engine oil?

So what is the easiest or best way to check oil pressure, seeing as their is no dash gauge?
  6. L

what engine oil?

Chris05ep3, it doesn't make any sense, TGM done the service for me, so all pukka parts and lubes used. Can't fault the level of service Tom done made some good recommendations for upgrades. Had the plugs changed as the fitted ones had seen better days. So some nice Irdiums in it now. Had the...
  7. L

what engine oil?

Chris05ep3 it certainly was fully synthetic. Walkden didn't sound true to me either. But can't explain why Vtec no longer engaging. Will strip solenoid out on weekend and clean it just in case. Although the guy at Honda did say you may want to give iota tap as sometimes they can stick. Not too...
  8. L

what engine oil?

After a visit to local Honda today regarding a Vtec issue, they say, they use Castrol 0w30 and my Vtec not engaging could be due to me using 5w40 when recently serviced as previous owner used 0w30 and Vtec worked fine before service. Not sure how true that is or if anyone else has had a...
  9. L

Bulk buy tyres?

4kas. Must confess, in the same boat. Recently bought my motor and I guess the dealer thought they were doing me a favour by putting new tyres on the rear as I guess the original were a bit close to the limit. Coupled with the Avon tyres that it has on the front the things tramlines all over the...
  10. L

Bulk buy tyres?

Just a thought, I appreciate that reading through this section that tyre choice is not just a performance issue but people have personal favourites. But has anyone thought of approaching one of the tyre chains and seeing if they would give forum members discount if a large group all bought...
  11. L

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

Very tidy motor. Agree with kennypg1, looks better with original grill. Nice detail job, hoping to do mine on weekend after spending a fortune on cleaning products, weather permitting.
  12. L

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Only got 302 miles from 1st tank of v-power. But I did fill her up as soon as light came on. Turned out I had only used 42.21 litres, so averaged 32Mpg. But had a service at TGM on Saturday even though the card showed it being serviced only 3K miles ago. Glad I did. Turns out plugs had had it...
  13. L

Just bought myself an 06 EP3 Premier Cosmic Grey. To the best of my knowledge still all standard. Will be posting some pictures once I get a nice polish on her.
  14. L

I guess going by some of those figure's, I'm not doing to well. Admittedly, I've only used 3/4's of the tank at moment and only 2-3 short vtec moments, but only achieved 230 miles so far on Shell Optimax. Have noticed some sooty residue on the tail pipe, possibly running a little rich. But...
  15. L

my cosmic ep3

Ok. Having a slight technical hitch getting iPad to post web address. Sorry about that. Www.supercardetailing.com
  16. L

my cosmic ep3

Will do cosmic, can't believe that after waiting so long to own one, I'll finally own my own next weekend. Always loved the EP3. May have to take you up on the bodywork offer, especially after see how amazing a job you did on yours. From memory, the paintwork looked in reasonable condition...
  17. L

my cosmic ep3

Thanks cosmic, live near Tonbridge. I have Spit&Polish close. But my friend got them to do a quote for his VXR8 alloys and were rather expensive. Once I pick up car. I'll take some pics and post. Maybe see what you recommend.
  18. L

my cosmic ep3

Very nice job, I think this will have to be one of the first jobs I get done on mine when I pick it up. Paintwork in great shape but a little let down by wheels being kurbed. Any recommendations where to get it done?
  19. L

cosmic first decent photos

Looks amazing. Can't wait to pick mine up. Long time waiting, but finely got one.
Back