• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Morty1970

Window Problem

Hi all, not CTR related but 07 plate Civic IMA related :D My mate has a problem with his Civic, evey now and then his drivers side window just drops down halfway for no apparent reason...now when I used to be a regular on here I seem to remember the CTR having a similar problem??? Any ideas...
  2. Morty1970

Im back

Hi all long time no see. As most of you are probably aware I sold my 05 NHB in June and got myself a new ST2 in blue :cool: I saw a CW CTR in Colchester town centre the other week and started missing my old CTR :( Love the ST but the two are COMPLETELY different and so its not fair to...
  3. Morty1970

Its Gone!

My 05 NHB finally went on Friday :( I got 11k for it which isnt bad considering it had a million stonechips and 34k on the clock. Ive got myself an 07 Focus ST2 :D in performance blue,all I can say so far is that its a better performer than the CTR but boy do I miss the EP3 and so does the...
  4. Morty1970

Sold up

After 2 years of ownership I today part ex'd my 05 NHB for a brand new Focus ST-2 in peformance blue. I loved my CTR but in the end got quite disheartened with all the problems it had been suffering of late, nothing serious but just couldnt live with it anymore I was also still trying to...
  5. Morty1970

Humming from rear tyres...UPDATE

About 8 months ago I had the rear camber problem with my 05 CTR which caused my rear wheels to make a humming noise(the noise you get with a worn wheel bearing). Anyway,all was sorted under warranty and the tyres replaced FOC. 8 months later exactly the same noise,had the rears checked by an...
  6. Morty1970

Humming /Vibration from front wheels

Had my car in this morning for various bits of warranty work one of them being a humming/vibration coming from the front wheels. Have been told by the dealer that in there opinion the front wheels need balancing. Would un balanced wheels cause a humming noise? Im thinking more wheel bearing...
  7. Morty1970

Noisey valves/tappets??

Hi all, over the past few months my 05 plate CTR has started to develop a noise from the engine. It sounds like a tappet or valve noise when you hit about 2.5k revs. Its the sort of noise you get with a cold engine. Its just hit 30k and on the last service when the valves were...
  8. Morty1970

Exhaust blowing already!!!

My 05 plate NHB has just started blowing, the car is only 1.5 years old and I've owned it from new, not happy at all :evil: It sounds like the back box, surely this shouldn't go after only 30,000. Would I have any luck at trying it on with the warranty? Any idea on cost fitted? TIA Nick
  9. Morty1970

Car wash methods on the video in this section

Just had a look at the car wash videos in this section....this man knows how to clean his car without scratching it, he uses a grit guard, leaves the bottom of the car till last ect ect which is all great....but does he really know all his stuff :?: All he goes on about is be careful not to...
  10. Morty1970

Bumper alignment

Hi all, just giving my 05 NHB a quick going over and I noticed that the rear bumper is slightly out of alignment. It's where the bumper meets the rear light cluster on the quarter panel if you get my drift. Now first thing that comes to mind is that someone has nudged it but there are no...
Back