• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Eds9332

Hid fitment

Morning all, just a quick one regarding which way HID's go in?! I have a facelift ep3 and would like to know whether the resistor bar is to be facing top or bottom. cheers Ed
  2. Eds9332

Audio advice

So I am going to invest in a amp so the sound improves, I'm not interest in a sub woofer, do I need to get a 2 or 4 channel version? Also if I get a small one can it be mounted at the front of car?
  3. Eds9332

Audio advice

Thanks for the response, due to the high RMS of the speakers I thought this may be the case. Do I simply connect a external amplifier to the back of the headunit with the power cable running from battery? Or does it involve separately connecting each speaker to the amp?
  4. Eds9332

Audio advice

Hi guys, so so I have replaced my speakers/head unit with aftermarket brands, the sound produced is pretty much on par with stock. the head unit is a Alpine 195bt 50w x 4 so is more powerful than stock, the speakers are fairly powerful with a rms of 60-65. Peak 200+w Does this mean mean my...
  5. Eds9332

Fuel filter replacement

Hi, I own a ep3 with 60k on the clock, looking at replacing the fuel filter. would I see any benefits by this in terms of better throtle response? Thanks
  6. Eds9332

Headlight adjustment

For facelift headlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAE2ZUMHhOQ These are the points you need to look out for, however on the ep3 they are lower down. Alternatively take your car to your local Honda dealer and they will adjust for free - that's what I did ;)
  7. Eds9332

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40

Hey guys, Due an oil change soon, running castrol edge 5w40, thinking of changing to Shell's new Helix Ultra at £25 deliverd it's nearly half the price of the Castrol! Anyone else running their car on Shell Helix Ultra? Yes I do understand that any 5w40 will do. Cheers
  8. Eds9332

Audio upgrade front speakers

Looking at upgrading the front speakers in my Ep3, when I replaced the rears, I ended up having to get autoleads speaker adaptor leads for Honda Accord as the civic ones were a different shape completely, is this the case with the front? Also will these adaptor rings just slot in place...
  9. Eds9332

Ep3 is playing up

Strange as my Bosch battery is less than a year old? May be the terminals? Cheers
  10. Eds9332

Ep3 is playing up

Hey guys, The car on 2 occasions will not start and feels like it has been shutdown, lights don't work or the central locking, after waiting a few minutes it then comes back to life, however when I've fired it up the radio needs key code (which I have) and the revs on idle are very low as if...
  11. Eds9332

Fascia surround ep3 single din

Ok that's good to know, I would buy one but have heard how these autoleads fascia surrounds don't colour match! does a aftermarket unit secure in alright? Is it just a case of unscrewing the screws to the oe unit then slide out and replace Ofcourse Im aware there are many steps of getting to...
  12. Eds9332

Fascia surround ep3 single din

Hello, Looking at replacing my oe head unit for an aftermarket, my question is do I need a fascia for the cd player, or can I use original? Cheers
  13. Eds9332

Oem cold air feed upgrade

Hey guys, Looking at replacing the strange looking air feed on my EP3 to one that reaches the front grill, can someone tell me what inside diameter i would need? Thanks
  14. Eds9332

Silenced b pipe s/s

Any one?
  15. Eds9332

My Satin Silver Ep3 Type R

Sits nicely on those springs! You need to address the headlights ASAP lol
  16. Eds9332

Which "silenced" b pipe ep3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EP3-Type-R-Stainless-Steel-Silenced-Exhaust-Mid-Pipe-B-Pipe-2-0L-/291222856244?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACivic%7CCars+Type%3A2.0+Type-R&hash=item43ce3c2234 2.3 "
  17. Eds9332

I would imagine any other b pipe with a larger diameter than the oem pea shooter will prove beneficial, i read somewhere that any larger will decrease acceleration but will maximise in top end power due to the back pressure
  18. Eds9332

Silenced b pipe s/s

Will a s/s silenced b pipe connected to original ep3 back box improve exhaust note? I'm looking at one off eBay, it has a 58 mm Id so bigger than standard I'm on a budget and would like to think this will improve gas flow rounded off with a slightly deeper exhaust note Thanks guys
  19. Eds9332

Thanks for that mate, I'm looking at lowering the car so dont want the pipe to be too low! May just take the plunge and buy this!
  20. Eds9332

Really would like to know if anyone has any reviews with this! Lovely price!
  21. Eds9332

Air ducting

Bump
  22. Eds9332

Air ducting

Hey guys, looking at doing the famous Hondata mod to my ep3, my question is what diameter caf do I need for the air box feed chamber? Many thanks
  23. Eds9332

Ep3 front speaker upgrade kit

wasn't sure of the size of the adaptor, will they clip into the original holes? Also when buying the lead adaptor for the rears I had to buy the set for the accord as the civic ones didn't fit! Will this be the case for the front Thanks
  24. Eds9332

Or this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-01-05-EP3-2-0-TYPE-R-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-CENTRE-SECTION-PIPE-/151169362194?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACivic%7CCars+Type%3A2.0+Type-R&hash=item2332656912
  25. Eds9332

Hey guys, looking at replacing the very restrictive Oem b pipe for a stainless one, I have been looking at the M2 silenced 2 piece on eight speed, any one got this? The b pipe will be fitted to the standard ep3 backbox thanks
  26. Eds9332

Any one?
  27. Eds9332

So came across this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-Type-R-Pioneer-front-speakers-speaker-kit-/111434163865?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19f1fe6699 Is this really all I need to swap the speakers over? Adaptors look right? Cheers
  28. Eds9332

What exhaust is this..

Thanks, yea the guy said its stainless, would think so judging by the picture? I always thought magnex sounded more base than raspy sounding
  29. Eds9332

What exhaust is this..

Hello, Does anyone know what make this is? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-exhaust-/221519326568?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item339394ad68 I'm thinking Magnex? Seller doesn't know and sound wise raspy higher up rev range Cheers
  30. Eds9332

Do-Luck or k&n

Any one running a do-luck air filter? Heard they are pretty good, there was a article where they used a stock scooby and dyno'd it with and with out the do-luck and made quite an increase in bhp! May not be the same case in my Ep3
  31. Eds9332

Alloy wheel nut covers

Would like to buy a set of these, can someone confirm the size of the nut?
  32. Eds9332

My 98 Civic Type R

Stunning, don't see many of these on the road!
  33. Eds9332

B pipe

Hello, Looking at releasing a sporty tone from the original twin pipe exhaust, I've come across this the stainless steel Oem version http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-E ... 51b4f250f0 This is silenced, would it not make any difference to noise? The seller claims it can release power...
  34. Eds9332

Gearbox creak

I've noticed when I'm shifting, its starting to creak this is happening when selecting fifth! Would a dab of oil cure it if I removed the rubber gaitor? Ep3 facelift model Cheers
  35. Eds9332

Door pillar cover

So been meaning to do something to the door pillar covers, (ep3) would like to wrap them in carbon fibre look vinyl, can any one shed any light on how to remove these? Cheers
  36. Eds9332

Jays silver ep3

Looks good mate, like the colour of the wheels, look like they have been refurbed
  37. Eds9332

Rim protectors

Looking at getting a set of these to hide kerb damage of my ep3 alloys Has any one used these? Cheers http://www.rimblades.com/
  38. Eds9332

Headlight adjustment

Any one??
  39. Eds9332

Headlight adjustment

Hey guys, Can any one please tell me or illustrate by a picture where the headlight adjuster is on a Facelift ep3 I've seen many guides on the pre facelift with the white cogs. My level adjuster does work but when Honda installed my bulbs the N/S seems to be off level Many thanks
  40. Eds9332

Scorpion exhaust

Hello, Looking for a new exhaust, with an oem look, And not loud just a subtle sporty tone http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Performance-Scorpion-Exhaust-Honda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-2001-2005-Rear-Silencer-/310620936059?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACivic&hash=item485273577b Any one...
  41. Eds9332

A standard EP3.

One of the best threads I have read, I've got the exact same and believe the oem look is the best!
  42. Eds9332

Brake fluid top up?

Went in to Honda to talk to the service manager and he claims the ep3 doesn't take any more than 500ml all 4 brakes were bled. Looking at the reservoir I cant see any in? I've opened the lid and there seems to be some on the surface.
  43. Eds9332

Brake fluid top up?

So I went ahead with the brake fluid change at Honda, upon looking at the invoice only 500ml was used? I'm no mechanic but how does a brake fluid change work? And I'm sure the civic takes at least 2 bottles? Do the wheels need taking off as they didn't ask me for my locking wheel nut. Any...
  44. Eds9332

Brake fluid top up?

Last changed by Honda 2 years ago, so probably time to change it?
  45. Eds9332

Brake fluid top up?

Hi, After inspecting the brake fluid reservoir it's below the maximum level, is it ok to just top it up? Or shall I just get it all replaced with fresh fluid Cheers
  46. Eds9332

Brake improvement

Hi Guys Looking at spending a bit of money on improving the awful braking on my ep3, I was wondering if any one could point me in the right direction on what to start with first. I won't be taking the car the track Cheers
  47. Eds9332

Alfa Romeo 156 of win

Ha ha she's still going strong, *** rust has become a problem! Plus mot is up so it may be the end of it! The car has been in the family for 8 years I took her over after selling my Mg zr needed something sharpish as the head was on its way, now it's back with my dad only used when it's dry.
  48. Eds9332

My satin silver

My Satin Silver type r! Generally want to keep it oem with a few small additions Cheers
  49. Eds9332

Alfa Romeo 156 of win

I owned a 156 twin spark for 3 years, mine was identical to yours! Never missed a beat although I had to replace the MAF sensor! Great looking cars IMO
Back