• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Red

caliper painting

A tribute to the guy on VWVortex who wanted to add a bit of bling to his ride :lol:
  2. Red

Whats the difference between a EK9 Type R and a Vti??

Slight correction - the B16B (EK9 engine) is 185ps, so it's 182bhp. The engine in the VTi is the B16A2 by the way.
  3. Red

What's happened to the "Your Posts" since the forum move

Cool, didn't see that. Although I don't like the fact that it shows you every single post (and some of the content) rather than just a list of threads.
  4. Red

What's happened to the "Your Posts" since the forum move

I asked the same question earlier but I've figured it out... "View your posts" equivalent is Quick Links (link at top) -> Subscribed Threads "View new posts" equivalent is just New Posts (link at top) You can get rid of the e-mails every time somebody replies to a thread you've posted in by...
  5. Red

mandrel bending?

As far as I understand it, mandrel bending causes a much smoother bend in the exhaust which aids air flow, as opposed to a kinked or creased bend which can inhibit flow.
  6. Red

Hosepipe Ban Ends

I'd completely forgotten about that :lol:
  7. Red

vtec Issue

These may sound obvious but... Car needs to be up to temperature. It's dangerous to rev above 4-5k within the first 10 mins of driving and VTEC will not work until coolant is up to temp. Oil pressure. Low oil will mean oil pressure is too low, so VTEC will not even try to work.
  8. Red

New member - ATR Hesitation and no VTEC

4 of them were completely "closed"? :? Do they mean that the tappets were damaged in such a way that the related valves remained closed at all times? hmmmmm I'm not entirely sure what they mean, but it is possible that a mechanical fault with the engine (which did not result in a CEL)...
  9. Red

Just been sent this??

Why do people not do 15 seconds research before they clog forums and e-mail inboxes with shite like this? http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp No offense :lol: :wink:
  10. Red

My new R33 GT-R V-Spec :smt041

If I found out my new skyline was ready for collection on a friday morning I would be out of the office within 10 minutes, guaranteed!
  11. Red

A bit of maths...

You people with these loud exhausts :lol: Don't you feel like everybody's turning round, cringing, and thinking "god damned townie!" :?:
  12. Red

Petrol prices falling....

This thread will have about 6 replies and the next 100p/litre thread will have 600 :lol:
  13. Red

Another Feedback Change?

Has there actually been any negatives or legit neutrals yet?
  14. Red

My engine died!

Well you can tell how worried everybody was can't you :lol: :wink: Glad it wasn't a horrendous job anyway :)
  15. Red

Show me your tweeters folks, pretty please!!

I've never been convinced that those auto jobbies with microphones could actually work well in a car. It's just not a good environment for audio at all.
  16. Red

Yeah but how many people go that far in a car audio setup? :) I can understand it for home cinema where the speakers are static but in a car that's just going too far.
  17. Red

Well, techincally, you're wrong :wink: I really read up on this when I was installing a system, and I mean REALLY read up on it. The average audiophile declares that the tweeters should be at ear level, or at least at dash level and pointing up to the ears, but the real hardcore...
  18. Red

Shipping prices

That is pretty high, but what sort of transport was it? You could get it sent over on a boat (approx 30 days), via what's called LCL (Less Than Container Load). What the shipping companies normally do is bring hundereds of 20' and 40' containers over, packed with stuff. But if somebody...
  19. Red

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC2... Do I Or Don't I?

Doesn't the 4.75FD fix this? JDM DC2's came with that didn't they?
  20. Red

Feedback Addition

What's with all the brackets? You didn't learn SQL by creating queries in access and then copying the SQL out did you? :lol: :wink:
  21. Red

CTR with a sunroof :shock:

90% of CTR users wouldn't notice the different to be honest, that's why I was wondering why everybody was getting so rattled by it. Hardly anybody who owns one actually uses it to the point where they would notice the chance in chassis rigity, although it seems many think they do.
  22. Red

CTR with a sunroof :shock:

Why the hell is everybody hating the sunroof so much? :?
  23. Red

ek9 insurance group??

Don't get an EK4, get an EG6 VTi, they look better and are slightly quicker :P :wink: They have the same engine (B16A2) but are slightly lighter, and the car isn't so "high and thin" like every other car these days. They're both grp 16 though IIRC. If you can't afford the...
  24. Red

Searching...

Or when you find a thread in the search results you want to view, right click on it and select 'open in new window', then just close it when you're done and voila, you're back on the search results exactly where you left them :wink:
  25. Red

Why Dont you see her at Santa Pod :)

Are you serious? Look at that first pic and tell me you don't see better than that in the first 5 mins on a Friday night? :)
  26. Red

All my mates have always said my standard were way too high even though I'm not exactly a looker but I've never thought they were. The first pic is what she actually looks like (not the airbrushed ones below), and whoever you are, she isn't great.
  27. Red

I might be the only one to say this, but she ain't that fit :? I'd say a 6/10.
  28. Red

VTI Engine conversion

Try http://forum.hondarevolutions.com - It's a better place to ask questions about Hondas other than the most recent models. But remember to ask nicely and don't asnwer back :lol:
  29. Red

FN2 Official pics and details from Geneva!

That's a bit of BS there. It's gonna be relatively comfortable and "shopping-car" like just like the current Type-R is I reckon. Now hopefully, if they do make a Type-RR, that statement may actually apply 8)
  30. Red

FN2 New Type R - Official Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear. I can see it now, sat there surrounded by spotty trevs wearing earings and baseball caps going "Type-R innit" :cry:
  31. Red

FN2 New Type R - Official Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's real. Sadly :cry: Chav-attack!
  32. Red

Civic prices confirmed

wait for it... "WHAT ABOUT TEH TYPE-R?!!?"
  33. Red

How long soes it take for you too clean your car??

Yes, but I only muster up enough energy to do this maybe twice a year :lol: So most of the time it looks like shit anyway :roll: You'll be suprised how quickly the seats will come out though, it's literally 5 minutes either side of the wash getting them out and then back in. It makes...
  34. Red

How long soes it take for you too clean your car??

Between 4-7 hours depending on how hard-core a wash it is :lol: E.g If I do the interior then the seats come out etc.
  35. Red

How to stop your knob from keep getting scratched...!!!

Scratch that then :lol: But would that necessarily be a bad thing? I mean the clearcoat obviously doesn't prevent scratching or anything?
  36. Red

How to stop your knob from keep getting scratched...!!!

Any sort of abrasive polish (like Silvero) would probably sort out surface scratches. But other than sticking a cover on the gearknob, or removing your rings, I really can't think of anything else? I mean, what else is there? :? :lol:
  37. Red

New Civic In Germany

There's nothing wrong with torsion bars if used correctly. Don't you think Honda, after so much testing, would know a little bit about suspension? Anyway, looks minging IMO :?
  38. Red

Mine (Not a CTR)

No problem there, just re-locate to America and you'll fit right in :wink:
  39. Red

Do you still get scared??

It's not a supercar :lol: Seriously though, you'll get used to it soon enough and you'll probably want more :twisted: :twisted:
Back