• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. philjk

FN2 Mot with De-Cat

Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to get my fn2 type r through an emissions test on MOT. Looking to part ex it at a main dealer. It’s got the intercooled supercharger kit on. So bigger injectors, full exhaust replaced, manifold including De-Cat. Had it done at TDI north but they’re no longer...
  2. philjk

FN2 Supercharged FN2 type r clutch

TDI North have advised
  3. philjk

OEM isn't good for 220 torque. Have Limited slip diff so in the dry very little spin if driven properly. Has been tuned by TDI.
  4. philjk

Hi chaps, My fn2 type r clutch has given up on me. Was wondering if anyone has a preferred clutch that will support 220lb torque , 354 BHP. I noticed on youtube an ep3 running over 400 bhp with an Exedy stage 1 clutch and wondered if I can go the same route. It's not a track car it's my daily...
  5. philjk

fn2 type r longer 6th gear

Just downloaded and saved the cal. Altered 6th gear ratio and uploaded. Took for a test and cruise control is now back in it’s full glory. Cheers John
  6. philjk

Hi John. No TDI fitted it for me. That does look around the price they charged minus fitting that is. Cheers for finding that, i’ll give it a try. I haven’t got much hope though getting it working as I’m sure TDI said once the fn2 is supercharged and tuned it will knock the cruise control off...
  7. philjk

I have a longer 6th gear on my rotrex fn2 type r. I am trying to find the gear ratio for it. Stock seems to be 0.738. I need this so i can enter it into flashpro in an attempt to get cruise control up and running again. cheers
  8. philjk

Supercharged Fn2 clutch Ideas

Cheers Smeghead. I’ve found more meat on the bone by adjusting the Master cylinder push rod. Got the biting point just bellow half way with no slip. Hope this doesn’t mean the release bearing is on its way out instead. No noises though. I have been looking at Exedy on the tegiwa site. Quite a...
  9. philjk

Cheers, Yeh that’s the way I was thinking. Would be nice is a fellow supercharged Fn2 owner could share their experiences
  10. philjk

I’m after ideas for an ideal clutch for my daily drive. My competition stage 2 that’s currently on has only lasted 8,000 miles. No track days, minimal abuse. Ran in sensibly and I don’t ride it. Had fluid changed. I’ve seen a you tube clip of an ep3 with an exedy stage 1 clutch. Been on the...
  11. philjk

Fuel gauge on Flash Pro tuned fn2 type r

What tuning solution were you using then John when you had your Fn2 supercharged? I’m assuming bigger injectors were part of the kit.
  12. philjk

Hi john, Paul said it has never worked lol. I will ask him about the hybrid and also ask him to put the settings in anyway for the 750cc injectors . It can’t hurt to try. Still no mention if this problem exists on the ECUtek solution.
  13. philjk

Emailed Paul at TDI and he said it’s a problem Hondata have had since day one and there is no solutions. He said altering the settings will make a difference to the MPG average but won’t alter the fuel gauge problem. Even though Hondata say this will fix it. ?????????????????????
  14. philjk

Cheers John. At least there is a fix then. I will be back down there in a couple of months so I’ll get them to have a look at it. Again cheers
  15. philjk

I'm starting to have problems with the fuel gauge on my fn2 type r. I've got the super sport rotrex kit on, which has been TDI north tuned via flash pro. At first all was ok but now when the fuel gauge reaches half it sits there for a couple of days then rapidly drops to empty. At first I...
  16. philjk

Hks racing intake

Thanks for your reply and reassuring advice. My supercharger kit does indeed replace the intake manifold so nothing to worry about. All is good. Thanks again
  17. philjk

induction kit

If your car is an fn2 type r and your serious about modding it, my experience says stay away from piper. Indeed you will get gains and noise but after having had the full piper set up myself “air intake, manifold, sports cat to decat and cat back” you will be down the tuners getting it mapped...
  18. philjk

Hks racing intake

I Just fitted a hks intake to my fn2 type r. The car has the Rotrex Supersport supercharger kit installed. This was done by TDI north. Now when I was taking the OEM piping off I noticed that on the inlet body. “ the rubber pipe that joins the air filter to the throttle body”. That the lower...
  19. philjk

Getting supercharged

Cheers for the info. I only run it on the shell v power gear anyway. Has been previously tuned using it. I've been told 300 - 320bhp on a good day should be achievable with my accompanying Mods. To be fair I don't track it so unless I get bored that should suffice.
  20. philjk

Getting supercharged

Hi, I'll be leaving that decision to TDI north. I read on TTS that the sport kit runs at 7psi boost which equates to 14lb of boost.
  21. philjk

Getting supercharged

Cheers for the reply John. The super sport version of the kit has these additions as well as race radiator/intercoolet etc. Just wondered if the sport kit would benefit tuning wise or not.
  22. philjk

Getting supercharged

In a couple of months I'm getting the rotrex sport kit put on my fn2. Non intercooled. Will be put on at a later date. Will changing the fuel pump to a WALBRO FUEL PUMP and also putting on a Hondata 4 bar map sensor make any difference to the final output?
  23. philjk

Gear changing issues

Done the tinkering with the master cylinder pushrod. Agree with you Chris. This is how it should have been from the start. Oem feel
  24. philjk

Gear changing issues

Cheers for the reply John. From what people are saying on other forums it looks like it's 50/50. Like you say let's hope I'm one of the lucky ones. As a matter of interest you wouldn't happen to know what kind of a dint a recon gearbox puts in the wallet do you?
  25. philjk

Gear changing issues

Went with the advice of tdi north as a supercharger is going on next year. Wish I'd stayed OEM. Nothing but problems with the so called uprated clutch. I bet even the standard clutch could cope with the extra torque. Not going mad, aiming for 310bhp and a 40-50% increase in torque. Clutch fluid...
  26. philjk

Gear changing issues

Car: 2007 fn2 type r Done approx 600 miles on a cclutch stage 2 and quaiffe lsd. Had the expected running in issues with the clutch and it's all settled now. Now I'm experiencing gear changing problems. When the engine is cold the problem isn't there. However once a few miles have been clocked...
  27. philjk

Have I got anything to worry about?

Phoned up cclutches and they said this is heard of and as long as I don't slip the clutch too much at low speed things will return to normal once it's ran in. Also spoke to a couple of lads on a different forum who have had these issues and they do go away eventually.
  28. philjk

Great?? Possible problems then. The only things I can think of are, it wasn't lined up properly when the gearbox was put back in place or I've been unlucky and got a bad un. I cant see TDI miss aligning it because their work has always been perfect in the past. Lets just hope it maybe a...
  29. philjk

Have you heard of this type of issue before?
  30. philjk

Hi, Have sent them an email because Rob no longer works there so nobody answers the phone. No Doubt Paul may reply later in the day. I had a stage 2 clutch fitted because the standard was on its way out. I'm supercharging it next year so along with a quaiffe diff I was advised a standard clutch...
  31. philjk

Been to TDI North for some work on my CTR fn2. Part of the job list was the fitting of a stage 2 c clutch. I realise it has a run in period where I have to take it easy for 200 miles or so. My question is: Is it normal to smell the clutch burning when driving normally? More evident when doing...
  32. philjk

Fn2 2007 car drivers side headlight removal

Hi I've searched the forum but can't find any tips on how to remove the drivers side headlight from my fn2 2007 ctr. Can anyone help pls
  33. philjk

Reverse camera

Thanks, so it's just the connector cable needed then. Great link by the way. Cheers again
  34. philjk

Reverse camera

Hiya You wouldn't happen to know what type of camera kit it is would you? Name/ model number
  35. philjk

Reverse camera

Does anyone know of an aftermarket camera that will work the same way? Through the sat nav screen
  36. philjk

Reverse camera

Cheers I will contact Honda in the morning. Read somewhere on a coxmotorparts link that the fn2 rear camera kit was discontinued
  37. philjk

Reverse camera

Does anybody know if Honda sell a reverse camera kit with sensors to fit the fn2 2007 civic type r oem satnav. Basically want it to display on same screen satnav uses. If so any idea on prices? cheers
  38. philjk

Best place to get a new standard catback exhuast

I had an ep3 but didn't do a lot with it in terms of tuning. If you don't get much advice off forum members try private messaging Loxy. He always replies and seems to be proper clued up on all modding. He's helped me loads over the last couple of years.
  39. philjk

I had a sensor put in at first, then tried mapping it out. My fn2 is running a similar set up with a quiet cat back. It got me to 235bhp but that was after having the balance shaft delete kit done.
  40. philjk

According to Honda and my friendly Mot guy it didn't just fail either. Miles over. I have heard other people that have had no problems though. Pot luck I guess
  41. philjk

I agree. Insane money for the increase you get. I went that way on my fn2. Air box, piper mani,sports cat, tegiwa cat back, flashpro and tune. Large dent in the pocket lol. However if you are a type r fan it does make a much better drive. Especially now the vtec crossover has come down. oh about...
  42. philjk

Rotrex Supercharger on fn2

Has anyone gone along the supercharger path for the CTR fn2? If so can you give details on your experiences " good or bad ", reliability issues, Where you had it installed, what Was max power, how often you serviced it etc. Cheers
  43. philjk

Rotrex sport supercharger

Suppose it wouldn't hurt to start a new post and ask the question.
  44. philjk

Cheers John Lets hope if if I decide to go for it I'm one of the fortunate people. Will maintain it every 6 month just to be on the safe side. Am I right in thinking that if I did encounter a problem, I could remove the supercharger belt and continue to drive as a daily drive whilst awaiting...
  45. philjk

Spoke to Tdi this morning about the superchargers reliability. They say it's like with any mods things can go wrong. But they have fitted a fair few of them and had very few reports on reliability. They also explained about properly maintaining it with regular oil changes.
  46. philjk

Going back to last year. Honda main dealer quoted me £250 for the back section, then the same again for the non fixed part off the back box. " O/s tail pipe." That's with out the mid section. Ended up purchasing off Ebay. Parts came for £90 and although used were fit for purpose. No problems
  47. philjk

Quaife LSD

Cheers for the reply, Glad to hear this. Just needed a bit of reassurance. A lot of money to spend all in. £1500 with stage 2 clutch.
  48. philjk

Cheers for the reply John. I will be happy with a steady 28mpg. I average about 24 mpg city 33 on a run ( light foot) with current set up. The mods I have are Tegiwa intake with cold air intake mod, balance shaft delete kit, piper manifold, de-cat pipe, tegiwa cat back. If not the Rotrex, which...
  49. philjk

Quaife LSD

Thinking about fitting an LSD to fn2 type r before I go any further with engine mods. Just wondering what kind of difference a Quaife LSD will make over standard? Also the same question with regards to a stage 2 clutch. Cheers
  50. philjk

Have plans visiting Warrington again but this time to get a supercharger fitted to my FN2 type r. Been advised off Rob with the mods already on the car I should expect around 300bhp. Can anyone advise on the MPG ? Just curious about low cam fuel economy. Not fussed about vtec. That is what it...
  51. philjk

Flashpro help

Thanks for for the advice. If I ever have to mess with electrics again I will be disconnecting the battery. All is fixed now. Cheers
  52. philjk

Flashpro help

cheers for the info, looks like I was misinformed
  53. philjk

Flashpro help

Hi to all I had to remove rear seats to sort a problem out. Whilst the seats were removed I started the car to see if the problem I had was fixed. It was, but I had a "check system" warning on dash with seat and seatbelt picture. I have put rear seats back in and plugged the sensors back in...
  54. philjk

FN2 Type r fn2 Year?

Yes the LSD upgrade is on the 2010. But make sure it is a 2010 not a 2009 registered in 2010.
  55. philjk

FN2 Type r fn2 Year?

Hello mate, I own a 2007 fn2 and have no complaints. I bought it with 48000 miles on the clock and it drives superb. I suppose it depends on your budget which year you choose but if I was starting over though I would go for a 2010 model. This is the facelift year and has good upgrades.
  56. philjk

Piper manifold with OEM Cat back ...noise level ?

Hi, when I took it to a friendly MOT tester the Cat was warmed up properly. He said the emissions were nowhere near passing. Believe it was the co2 measurement. He agreed it was running very rich and a good map could possibly sort it out. I suppose every engine reacts different to modding but...
  57. philjk

Just an update for the Mot question. With piper mani and Sports cat with Tegiwa cat back my Fn2 failed emissions test. However the car is yet to be mapped and is running rich. Found a friendly Mot tester though so all is good until my visit to TDI north in November.
  58. philjk

Tegiwa Exhaust addition for FN2

Hi I am hoping someone out there can gestimate what bhp/torque my Fn2 Ctr might achieve once Hondata mapped at Tdi. Mods so far are... Tegiwa Carbon air box with ram air piper manifold piper sports cat Balance shaft delete kit Tegiwa catback 2.5". "Arrives Monday ". cheers
  59. philjk

Will let you know end of September. MOT due then. Spoke to a guy who has the same set up as me and his went through no problems but you never know. Lol
  60. philjk

Fabricated exhaust

Cheers loxy mate, sent a PM
  61. philjk

Fabricated exhaust

I think for now it'll have to be Oem back box with a fabricated b pipe. Its a shame Tegiwa changed their system from 2.25" to 2.5". The older version would have done nicely.
  62. philjk

Fabricated exhaust

Looked into super sprint and it's too expensive. They have stop producing for the fn2 due to lack of interest. They said they would sort me a one off out but with a 30% mark up. About £500 for just a b pipe.
  63. philjk

Fabricated exhaust

Hi, cheers for the reply. I Have thought about just changing the b pipe and leaving Oem rear box. If I went down that route I suppose it wouldn't matter who fabricated it. Tdi kindly showed me that system when I was there. I guess it's down to personal taste and noise tollerence but it was too...
  64. philjk

Yes agree with WiganSam. I'm running Piper mani, sports cat, Tegiwa carbon intake with ram air, balance shaft delete kit on my CTR fn2. With oem catback it is very slightly louder. At motorway speeds much of the same, no resonating nightmares.
  65. philjk

Fabricated exhaust

Hi to all. I'm looking for a fabricated exhaust for my fn2. Has anyone had any experience with PowerFlow? Good or bad. As I'm getting on a bit I want the increase in power that comes with a performance exhaust but keeping the noise to a min. I have changed the Header and cat so most off the...
  66. philjk

Rattle noise

Problem sorted. Sports Cat wiring from O2 sensor box vibrating off heat shield. Honda took 3/4 hour to locate and sort the problem out. No charge either. They just asked I keep bringing it back for annual service. Happy days :D
  67. philjk

Rattle noise

Cheers for the reply, Will check the areas you mentioned tomorrow. I don't know if its coincidental but it started after I had a garage fit a full exhaust. So I'm at the garage tomorrow getting them to check around that area. Still think its on the inside of the car though. Hope it doesn't...
  68. philjk

Rattle noise

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had the same fault that I'm experiencing. At low revs driving or even at Idle revving, I'm getting a loud rattle coming from centre of the dash area. Hard to pin point exactly where. It sounds like metal rattling together. Its not any of the dash panels as I've...
  69. philjk

Fn2 Cat back noise levels

Hi cheers for the reply, yeh shocking isn't. That's the waiting time. They're supposed to be vey good, but very popular as well. Other than them, the rated fabricators in the northeast kinda runs out. If anyone can recommend in this area " sunderland " will give them a look. cheers
  70. philjk

Fn2 Cat back noise levels

Hi to all, Need a little advice. Have already got a few mods on my CTR, Tegiwa carbon intake with ram air duct, piper manifold + sports cat and balance shaft delete kit. I had a Piper cat back system on but took it off due to noise mainly + bad fitting tailpipes rattling off bumper. The drone...
  71. philjk

Fitting piper manifold

Problem sorted. Installed without dropping subframe
  72. philjk

Fitting piper manifold

Sorry it's a Ctr fn2
  73. philjk

Fitting piper manifold

Has anyone had piper Manifold fitted? Garage suggesting dropping sub frame. Gap apparently too small
  74. philjk

Inlet manifold and throttle body on ctr fn2

Hi, after a little help. Can a RRC inlet manifold and FD2 throttle body be bolted onto a fn2 without getting a map done. Going to get a map done but the tuners are a fare distance from where I live. To save some money I would like to put these Mods on before I take the trip so all I pay for at...
  75. philjk

Genuine Honda Civic Type R Doorstep Garnish

Cheers will do
  76. philjk

Genuine Honda Civic Type R Doorstep Garnish

Hi can anyone please help. Fancy a set of these. They're the sills that illuminate type r logo. It states Suitable for 2009 Models Onwards. I have a 2007 type r and was wondering why these are not listed for my year. Is it a part that can be made to fit?
  77. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

The guys in the garage mentioned that when installing kit. They kept the bottom part of the original Air box installed so I assume it will still get a cold air feed. Also the kit came with a heat shield.
  78. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Cheers Hazz. Why not open cones?
  79. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Cheers again stoneyni, I set out on a budget to improve the performance. Got mortgage, kids etc. The reason I've posted the thread was to find out what extra might have been gained if I spent a little more on higher spec parts, and maybe even swap at a later date if the difference was worth it...
  80. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Not sure where you get the idea I have a panel filter fitted. It's a custom piper filter kit " cone shape ". Having driven the car with just the filter kit on before the remap I can honestly say I could feel the difference. I'm not suggesting that this remap is the best on the market. But for my...
  81. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Just got back from power test. Achieved pkHP at the wheels 189.83 @ 6800 which they said is just short of 210 at the fly. PkTq was 147.12 @ 6800. Will post a link to chart once on facebook
  82. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Cheers for all the comments. It does drive loads better " smoother round the doors " and sounds almost rally car like when in the vtec. The dyno map chart had errors on it so I've been invited back next Thursday for a free power test. They said the BHP figure was still accurate. Will post a...
  83. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Hi guys, Just had my fn2 mapped and a custom pipercross filter kit fitted. My ctr fn2 2007 with 52000 miles clocked. Standard it ran 195bhp on dyno. I was expecting more so a little disappointed. After the filter kit was added and a remap done the bhp raised to 207. So a 12bhp increase...
  84. philjk

Change of tyre size on fn2 ctr

Was concerned with front clearance, have been told the same cheers. Keep ride height relatively standard and all is ok. Looking at 225/45/18. According to a Tyre data calculator the Tyre suspension comfort value of standard size is 2.9 out of 10. Fitting 225/45/18 brings the value up to 4.7. So...
  85. philjk

Change of tyre size on fn2 ctr

Hi, On the 18" alloys I have standard 225/40/18 tyres. Is it possible to fit 225/50/18 tyres
  86. philjk

Fn2 gear problems

Just got back from Honda. During a test drive with the mechanic the intermittent 3rd gear problem didn't show. He said the notchy gear changes are typical of all CTR's. Its called POSITIVE FEEL. :confused: However after explaining this isn't the fisrt CTR I've had and in my opinion the Gear...
  87. philjk

Fn2 gear problems

Cheers for the heads up. So the battle will begin again on Friday.
  88. philjk

Fn2 gear problems

I know this issue has been covered elsewhere on the forum but any advice with my issue would be appreciated. I bought Fn2 type r on a 07 plate from a Honda dealer last jan/feb and it had clutch problems. I posted this on the forum and got great advice which I followed. After many visits and...
  89. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Just spoke to Honda. They've removed and checked gearbox. All is ok there. However after inspecting the clutch assembly the clutch release bearing is shot and other parts were suggested to be worn. Can't remember which parts the bloke said. They've ordered a new assembly and will fit sometime...
  90. philjk

Wing mirror won't fold properly

Honda replaced mine under warranty. It seems to be a common complaint
  91. philjk

2007 civic clutch

How can this issue I'm having be intermittent. Surely if it is a problem within the clutch assembly it would at least be consistent. See what Honda say tomorrow. Cheers to all who have given advice. Much appreciated.
  92. philjk

2007 civic clutch

I have no idea what is going on now. Yesterday I drove it to work. No such gear problems. All seemed ok. NO notchy changes or gear crunches. Thought to myself WTF? On the way home much of the same. As strange as it sounds It seemed to have sorted itself out. So I took it onto the A19 " 70mph...
  93. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Cheers for reply Grumpyg. It pretty much feels notchy most of the time. When trying to change gear quickly whilst accelerating moderately It then may crunch. Doesn't happen all the time though. I've noticed when I first start it and drive " cold engine " it seems better at slow speeds. But if i...
  94. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Spoke to Honda this morning. It is booked in for Monday. The service chap said they will give me a courtesy car while they sort out the problem. He also said Honda will take care of all expenses as its on their system that I have flagged up this issue from day1.Now being day 6. Lets hope that...
  95. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Cheers. I'll keep you posted.
  96. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Cheers for your reply Loxy. I have spoke to the salesman on three occasions. His last comment was. " Service have said there's nothing wrong with the clutch, but if you want you can pay for a new one." I said if there's nothing wrong with it why are you suggesting I pay to have a new one put...
  97. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Hi to all. This is my first post so please bare with me. I've just purchased a 2007 civic type r and have concerns with the clutch. Is it a normal feature of this car to have the bite point so low to the floor? The clutch pedal feels pretty much on the floor before the clutch will engage. Any...
Back