• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Butcher

steering rattles slightly over rough ground

I'd start with the cheap and easy things first like anti roll bar drop links as these will cause a knock/rattle over rough ground. Also check the top mounts on the front suspension struts are tight.
  2. Butcher

Drivers seat tilt knob broken Vs MOT

Pleased to announce it passed with no advisories :)
  3. Butcher

Brilliant thanks I wasn't sure if having back seats meant you had to have a means of access via a tilt seat in case of accidents ect.
  4. Butcher

Morning all. Just a quick one regarding my Recaro premier edition seats and the seat tilt knob, the drivers side outer lever is snapped so I just use the inner lever as the seats have them on both side but iv just had a thought if it would be a problem on the MOT? I'd of thought no means of...
  5. Butcher

Choosing new tyres best price and performance

Just put toyo proxes on the front of mine and the dry grip is insane, really struggled to make them let go on a wide open roundabout that I know well and I nearly had my face pressed against the passenger window before they did, wet grip isn't as good as the bridgestone potenzas that were on...
  6. Butcher

Civic Type R = Immense motoring!

I must admit I notice it more in the type r than any other car I've had. Maybe you notice it less on a turbo due to the forced induction and intercooler already doing a good job of cooling the intake air??? Not sure though.
  7. Butcher

Civic Type R = Immense motoring!

Have that on this more than any other car iv owned, the past few nights/days have been slightly warmer and it's almost felt a bit off/slower but tonight the temperature has dropped again with a bit of moisture and it feels to fly! Something to be said for that nice cold air, dreading summer :(...
  8. Butcher

OBD II compliant

No problem.
  9. Butcher

OBD II compliant

I can't find the exact one mate as it was a while ago so disappeared off my eBay bought list but it was a cheap Chinese one I think that listed it worked with torque pro. Basically if you are wanting to use it with torque pro, it's just plug and play, the OBD plug is next to your left knee and...
  10. Butcher

OBD II compliant

Yes mate, I've used my OBD 2 bluetooth adaptor and torque pro app.
  11. Butcher

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

Just had the same issue mate it was the anti roll bar drop links, mine was the front passenger side but you have the links on all corners. I picked them up for £15, not genuine Honda but it's cured the knock.
  12. Butcher

FN2 What would you pay for tyres?

That sounds ridiculously cheap, iv just paid £95 each for a pair of toyo proxes fitted and would of lobed a £40 fuel voucher!
  13. Butcher

Front passenger side knock/clunk

Bought some pattern drop links from a local spares shop and changed the passenger side, it started to rain so drivers side can wait until it fails as it's quiet on the drivers side. Anyway problem solved, lovely and quiet again but what a b***ard it was to get off! One nut came off after a good...
  14. Butcher

Well had the tyres fit and the garage confirmed it's definitely the passenger side front anti roll bar drop link. I'll change both sides anyway. Is there any uprated ones that are worth fitting or will any pattern part be ok? Or should I go to Honda?
  15. Butcher

Not yet mate waiting for the tyres to be delivered then the garage fitting them is going to check the suspension both sides, I kind of know the guy from frequent visits and buying parts so don't think they'll they take the pi55. I have a phobia of garages and people trying to take me for a ride...
  16. Butcher

Nipped out of work and checked the three top nuts and there tight, I'll check the center nut when I grab an Allen key.
  17. Butcher

Nice one. Thanks for the info.
  18. Butcher

Cheers Loxy I'll check the top nuts before I take it in. I'd usually do this stuff myself but I'm busy with one thing and another just don't want the garage to take me for a ride. I'm guessing the top mount requires the suspension strut removing?
  19. Butcher

Looks like I spoke too soon about my new ep3 driving like new :( it's developed a slight knock/clunk over pot holes and those harsh speed bumps, no noise if I weave left and right just pot holes and broken up car parks. Is there any common culprits to look at first? Anti roll bar drop links...
  20. Butcher

Highest Mileage on an EP3

Ah right, yeah it engages silky smooth even near the limiter, best gear shift in any car I've owned. Cheers for the info, vary rarely give it much stick in vtec to be honest but have the odd spirited blast :)
  21. Butcher

Right. So it started to slip when it hit vtec? Just wondering so I know what to look out for.
  22. Butcher

I've not got any proof of a clutch change but bite point is low and it bites hard under heavy acceleration so hopefully it may of been done. Out of interest how much was the clutch change all in?
  23. Butcher

Elvington march 1st

I didn't know this was on :( would of come to watch as well.
  24. Butcher

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Last tank 250 miles, I'm broke after buying tyres so this next tank could see a record milage :)
  25. Butcher

Bulbs are the bain of my life.

When I changed my side lights I noticed the new LED/SMDs were slack in the holder so flickered when I wobbled it so with a small screw driver I bent the contacts in to make the tension stronger on the lamp and it sorted the flickering completely. As for you main beam being on or glowing all the...
  26. Butcher

My ep3 is on 116k and it drives and feels better than most cars iv driven with half the milage! One owner from new, full Honda dealer history not a single knock, rattle or squeak from the interior, running gear or engine. Iv either got a good one or these were built to last.
  27. Butcher

tyre dressing

+1 on this iv used a few but non seem to last or like you say they are messy and just end up with a layer of dust stuck to the side wall and wheel were you've got over spay.
  28. Butcher

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Best iv had so far is 320 miles, worst is 180!!! How can there be such a difference! At least you know if you need to you can be pretty economical.
  29. Butcher

Dead lock beep?

Strange. Where are the deadlocks positioned? Wondering if a bit of spray grease might help? Me being OCD this is the kind of thing that gets to me if left haha
  30. Butcher

Dead lock beep?

It might just be a squeak from the dead lock mechanism then, only does it when I double press the lock button.
  31. Butcher

Dead lock beep?

Does an ep3 beep when you do the double press dead lock? Mine sounds like there is a very faint beep or could it be a squeak from the dead lock? Or is there a beeper that could be nackered?
  32. Butcher

Hids for facelift ep3

For the main beam I'm not sure mate as iv not looked at them. I know what you mean about wanting the colour match iv done the same with my dipped and side lights, iv fit SMD sides, interior and number plate lights so they all have a white modern glow, the interior is super bright too when I...
  33. Butcher

Indicator bulbs front

I keep meaning to get some silvertec lamps to replace mine, or led to get rid of the Amber tint in the lense.
  34. Butcher

Indicator bulbs front

According to this list they are a T20 type but iv never had one out. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?63573-Honda-Bulb-Sizes-Types
  35. Butcher

Hids for facelift ep3

Edit. If I lived out I the sticks with no street lights and very dark roads I may upgrade the main beam for ultimate daylight driving at night but my driving is mostly well lit areas so rarely use main.
  36. Butcher

Hids for facelift ep3

Just leave the full beam halogen mate as once you have HID dipped you'll rarely use your full beam again. If you want you can put some upgraded halogen lamps in the full but I personally don't see the need to.
  37. Butcher

Hids for facelift ep3

I have fitted after market HID's to the past three cars I've owned and had maybe 6 MOT tests at different garages and never once been pulled up on the HID kits, even had headlights leveled by the MOT tester.
  38. Butcher

FN2 Good god I need tyres!

Holy sh*t! I'll give them a try. How much and what price you got them at?
  39. Butcher

Which HID kit?

I suppose they wouldn't of know what car you were fitting them too, I told the place I bought mine so they gave me the adaptors. Really sorry I didn't mention it on my first post but completely forgot :(
  40. Butcher

Which HID kit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310241112008 This is them I think.
  41. Butcher

Which HID kit?

According to this link that I used yes BUT they need adaptors to fit the civic headlights, the seller I bought mine off knew this and told me but I'm not sure what the adaptors are called. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?63573-Honda-Bulb-Sizes-Types Someone on here will know...
  42. Butcher

Let me know what you think mate as they will be going on mine very soon :) I want a full review haha
  43. Butcher

Prices iv seen are online so I'd expect to pay a little more over the counter. There pretty popular if you Google some reviews. Obviously everyone has there own opinion on tyres but every time I did research there name popped up a lot!
  44. Butcher

What's your budget? I'm replacing mine soon and I'm going for toyo proxy T1-R's, come in around £80 a corner if you go for the 215 width instead of 205.
  45. Butcher

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Epic project thread dude, just read the full thing and laughed at least twice :lol: loved the sunrise center consol and handle covers and you're videos are addictive viewing, the roads your way are epic!!! Keep up the creative work man.
  46. Butcher

Exhaust sounds/videos

Right thats it then, off to find a cheap second hand airbox (so I have a spare) and order a B pipe :)
  47. Butcher

Exhaust sounds/videos

Really tempted now, at that price I could always just sell it on if I'm not happy. What's your opinion on the hondata airbox mod? PM if this is the wrong thread mate, I'm new to all honda stuff so interested in hearing opinions as I'm a fan of Keeping standard looks with little hidden tweeks.
  48. Butcher

Exhaust sounds/videos

Sorry to bring up an old thread reply but have you any footage or audio of this set up with an internal car mic? This sounds epic and I'm so tempted but really don't want to increase cabin noise too much off vtec, on vtec I don't mind how loud it is but want it subtle when normal commuting ect...
  49. Butcher

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

I think 15 sits perfect looking at yours and with mine being standard hight I shouldn't have a problem with arch rub
  50. Butcher

He's just got back to me and he can and has made them but he'd struggle to come in under the price of the Tigewa ones for a one off set, he's looking into it.
  51. Butcher

Ahh right I get you ones iv seen are the cheap spacers that require longer bolts which seemed a bit rough to me. I might price up getting some made as a mate of mine owns a very good engineering firm and I'm sure he's made spacers for a few cars.
  52. Butcher

Hi mate have you fit the 15mm wheel spacers front and back? Did you need longer wheel studs? Mine is standard ride height but just want to give it that slightly wider stance and bring the wheels nearer the arch line. How much did the tegiwa spacers set you back?
  53. Butcher

Ep3 06 tweeters?

That sucks. My only fault with the car is sound system but I suppose that's not what the car is about.
  54. Butcher

Ep3 06 tweeters?

Interesting. So is the tweeter wiring in place if I removed the covers?
  55. Butcher

Ep3 06 tweeters?

I have an 06 premier edition CTR and I don't have tweeters in the covers at mirror level, just blank plastic covers but all the pictures iv seen show tweeters here. Why haven't I got them and can I fit them?
  56. Butcher

Which HID kit?

All the new ones on eBay are pretty much the same mate, I've just bought some 35w 6000k with slim ballasts and they're really good quality, the lamps have a metal base instead of plastic and fitment is easy, the type r is the easiest car I've installed them on. I'll try post a link to the ones I...
  57. Butcher

Center consol back lights lamp type.

I removed my stereo to fit a connects2 aux lead and on re fitting I know have the back light out behind the air direction knob and also the one behind the air recirculation button does anyone know the lamp type so I can order them without having to pull it out again.
  58. Butcher

no vtec in 1st gear

Only had it a week and it's been raining pretty much non stop since I got it. Although I have some toyo proxes on my shopping list.
  59. Butcher

Rattling noise on cold startup?

Sorry to jump on the thread but what is this common starter motor buzz? I get a buzz every now and again just as it fires for a second or too and I seems starter related but mine does it warm or cold but not all the time. Does the starter motor just need tightening? Any specific torque settings...
  60. Butcher

no vtec in 1st gear

I don't think iv ever hit vtec in first! It just spins.
  61. Butcher

Honda Bulb Sizes/Types

Anyone know the ashtray lamp type in a face lift EP3? What to replace it with a red LED as it's now my phone holder.
  62. Butcher

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Love this mate, awesome work. Really making me turn away from keeping mine standard now. Keep it up
  63. Butcher

D1 spec gear knob in carbon.

Has anyone got a decent picture of the carbon gear knob in a standard ep3 interior? I'd like to see a picture of the elongated one and the stock shaped one in place because I can't decide. I'm also thinking of carbon wrapping the silver center consol too at a date. Thanks in advance.
  64. Butcher

Butchers EP3 Premier Edition

Definitely do mate, taking it to get the headlight levels checked tomorrow to make sure I'm not blinding people but iv driving round tonight and had no one flashing me so think there ok. The cree led side lights are nice and bright too for day running lights and no more yellow dim glow.
  65. Butcher

Butchers EP3 Premier Edition

Thought I'd post all my upgrades and mods here as I do them. Nothing major to start with just subtle upgrades to improve the standard look. I started with lighting, inside and out. Firstly a 6000k HID kit Next was cree led side lights to match the colour Then led number plate...
  66. Butcher

Backlight illumination on air recirculation button.

Cheers for that dude. Big help, I'll pull the lamp out and find out what it is.
  67. Butcher

Thought it might need to consol removing. Is there any guides to removing it? Is it just fastened with clips or is there hidden screws? I can get access to all types of lamps through my job so I'll try find the lamp type as I may even have some.
  68. Butcher

As title says the Backlight illumination on the air recirculation button isn't lit on my EP3 tyre r, the button works and I get the activated light when I push it but no illumination when I put my lights on. Anyone know how to change the backlight lamp in this button? Does the button come out...
  69. Butcher

Best bulbs for ep3.

Iv always upgraded to HID's in all my cars, never had a problem with 6000k with regards to getting pulled or MOT's but I also install them in a way that putting back to standard is easily done. 6000 gives a nice modern crisp white and massive improvement over stock.
Back