• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Good call, I'd forgotten about them. Was looking at my tyres today, new ones may be coming sooner that I'd hoped. Gentle driving from now until the MOT! Know anywhere good for tyres down there? I got my move date today, as of 6th March I'll be a weegie again!

Oh, and thank you for leaving post #666 on my thread. NOT COOL DUDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm after a day of shitty rain the yokos are the tits and stick in the wet too. I'm pleased with them! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busy day today, it was dark by the time I'd finished, so proper photos tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek for now.

Splitter grill meshed and air ducts fitted:

CAF pipe, absolute b*****d of a job! ITG Maxogen to go on tomorrow.

Grill painted NHB with new H badge fitted.

I had an offer I couldn't turn down today. So my civic has been swapped for this monumental beast!

I think it suits me, being 30 it's about time to slow down. Surprisingly comfortable, and SO quiet compared to the civic. Entirely gutless though....

Great job with your car jim the caf is ace,you have added alot of nice personal tuches to your car i like it;)

would that be a jazz lol. I had the plessure of driving one when my car was in getting a stuff done to it.Think i had it 3 days and didn't want to give it back lol.

Yep Jazztastic. I'll miss the civic, but needs must.
I'm not used to it yet, everytime I touch the break pedal the nose drops a foot and it stops dead! So unnecessarily over servo-ed!

Now....what can I paint on the jazz.......

Hell have you really swapped the ep3 for a jazz?

United we Stand! Divided we FALL. Vote NO on Scottish Independence

Lol, jokes.

No way I'd sell my civic. It still arouses me in ways that are weird and.......deeply confusing.....

The Jazz was a courtesy car while mine went to the Honda hospital for mot. They said there were a couple of wee things that needed attention, so I told them to do whatever it needed. In retrospect that was an unwise thing to say.

2x track rod end
2x copper brake pipes
Wheel speed sensor
4x Eagle F1 asymmetric 2s 215/45/17
MOT
Courtesy car insurance

£1244.25

I'm going to go have a little cry now.

Revmonkey buddy, thanks for the link to the tyres, I got a great deal and they arrived less than 12 hours after ordering!

Not had time to play on them yet, the stickers are still on them. They look awesome, the 215s fill the arches so much better.

That's a scary bill!!! When you move down I'll put you onto automek in eastkilbride . No more scary bills and phenomenal attention. To detail :)

Sent from the necronomiPhon

That is a big bill!
at least your jazz never had a big yellow arnold clark sticker up the side of it lol.
Let me know how u get on with your gy eagle F1s think i'm going to get me a set in the summer;)

Epic project thread dude, just read the full thing and laughed at least twice :lol: loved the sunrise center consol and handle covers and you're videos are addictive viewing, the roads your way are epic!!! Keep up the creative work man.

That's a scary bill!!! When you move down I'll put you onto automek in eastkilbride . No more scary bills and phenomenal attention. To detail :)

Excellent, I'm keen to find a good garage, not much of a scene around here so no good garages. I'm moving down on the 28th, I found an epic flat near Braehead. First thing on the list after moving is a quieter exhaust, I don't think the volume will be appreciated down there!

That is a big bill!
at least your jazz never had a big yellow arnold clark sticker up the side of it lol.
Let me know how u get on with your gy eagle F1s think i'm going to get me a set in the summer;)

Yes mate, I'll let you know as soon as I'm used to them. I can tell you they were impressively grippy in the monsoon we had last night!

Epic project thread dude, just read the full thing and laughed at least twice :lol: loved the sunrise center consol and handle covers and you're videos are addictive viewing, the roads your way are epic!!! Keep up the creative work man.

Thanks bud, I'm planning on keeping this car for a long time, I love it to bits (sometimes I even put the bits back on correctly).

After the initial shock of that bill yesterday, I've had time to calm down and stop weeping uncontrollably. When you spread the cost out over the two years I've owned this car and remember that it is a 9 year hot hatchback, it really doesn't seem so bad.

I do think that the head mechanic was doing his best to secure his bonus (and that he is a plank, and he ought to know what 'those odd woven metal brake pipes' are for, and that some people enjoy driving cars, and that he is a plank). Not all of that was necessary for the mot, this vehicle health check they insist on doing is an inspired way to suck more money out of people.

Looking nice jimbo:)

You not tempted to tackle any of those other jobs yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I really enjoy doing as much as I can myself, the only things I won't touch are brakes and springs.

I'm moving house in two weeks, and I just wanted the mot done quick and easy. I had no idea that the dealership was going to go bats**t crazy with my credit card.

Back