• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

Turbo manifold were to buy from??

Hi there CX Racing turbo kit will not fit UKDM or JDM EP3,this kit is for DC5 or RSX How to say,sidewinder will fit EP3 without the modification,FMIC will fit with heavy modifications,Downpipe will not fit,you need to make own downpipe and other parts I would say will fit without...
  2. J

What's the next step to get more gains?

Hi there Hard to recommend,but if you are looking to get most of the NA then this will and can cost you more than go route of the turbo or supercharger,have look we are tried for several moths to run NA,we are made with basic mods around 242bhp which has been enough,but we are previously run on...
  3. J

Hi Ant Sorry for late reply there To yours question,we are run USDM sidewinder and we are run USDM log manifold without the single issue,only thing which I would keep in mind,USDM downpipes doesn't fit as should,you will need little bit to modify,nothing serious there,unless you are buying...
  4. J

Aem water/methanol

Hi there Do you want to run 20/80 as water methanol or do you want to run only meth in tank? If you want to run only 20/80 mix(20% meth and 80% water) you will not make too much power,you can loose power...Running 80% meth and 20% water this should add bit more power,but not sure if WMI pump...
  5. J

Aem water/methanol

We are not run too inline filter and we are been OK too,no limescale on normal water too over here,we are always checked after 3 months,but everything has been OK too,but we are later on switched to distilled water Here are results on Subaru V-power alone T99 with 50/50 meth and smallest...
  6. J

Aem water/methanol

Hi there 50/50 is most common to use and have best results in knock/ignition and cooling,we are tried several mixtures with meth like 60/40 etc and there has been small differences,we are tried to run only water,but this has been just for cooling and we are lost on top end after mapping and we...
  7. J

Aem water/methanol

Hi there What we are run on Subaru,we are tried few settings like start at 12psi and maximum has been set at 23psi,then we are tried to start at 0psi and maximum has been set at 23psi again,difference has been only in ACT/IAT temps when we are set start at 0psi,on RR we are lost around 10bhp...
  8. J

Aem water/methanol

And I forgot to say,running in tank meth this will not make any difference to IAT/ACT temperature,this in tank meth is more for BHP gains than cooling,due this if you are looking more for IAT/ACT temps decrease with in tank meth then you will be disappointed,due this you will need to run WMI if...
  9. J

Aem water/methanol

Hi there Personally I wouldn't go beyond that 15-20%,its proven and tested on numerous cars,I know Andy F run on his Subaru 50% and gains has been negligible against the 20%,only thing which is better is to run E85,but over here is not available and if yes,then only racing E85 which is...
  10. J

BP Ulitimate Unleaded or Shell V power Unleaded

Hi there Personally we are started to use T99,due the V-Power is not always available around the UK and Tesco Momentum is available almost everywhere where is big Tesco with fuel pump. On Subaru what we are tried V-Power and methanol mixture has been best,car has have very nice feel,how to say...
  11. J

Hi there What I know Shell V-Power Nitro+ is 99RON and Tesco is too 99RON,difference is just Tesco have higher Ethanol content than Shell Few years back few people have issue with Tesco Momentum,but we are using Tesco Momentum now around 2-3 years and we are never have issue with Tesco...
  12. J

Hi there Personally I would choose Tesco Momentum,its usually cheapest fuel and give you very similar results like V-power in therm of power and MPG,although our cars(Subaru or EP3) preferred Tesco and car on Momentum has have smoother power delivery,with V-Power power delivery has been bit...
  13. J

Best place to buy k24 pulley

Hi there Please speak with CPL,they should have those at stock http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=177 Or with those guys http://www.pulleyboys.com/store/home.php?cat=7 http://mercracing.net/products-page/blower-pulleys/jrsc-3-blower-pulley-jackson-racing/...
  14. J

DC Sports Cat back?? Buddyclub HKS etc

Hi there Personally we've fitted several exhausts: Magnex has have massive drone in motorway speeds,sounded nice in higher rpm Scorpion has have nice sound and drone has been there,but not such as Magnex Tanabe Tuner Medalion which we have right now,have awesome sound almost like superbike and...
  15. J

EP3 Wilwood Brake caliper upgrade

Hi there I think this has been covered few months back,please have look on this thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93667-Ep3-big-brake-kit-fitment I would suggest speak with Wilwood directly and I would assume you will need probably from RSX rather than for EP3,RSX have...
  16. J

Ball joint refresh, poss extended rca's

Hi there Personally I've been using Hardrace parts on my cars and about the bushing,I've always used SuperPro which has been proven on numerous cars as on pour wagon which has run 555.5bhp Really depends on budget,but both RCA kits are good,but personally I've used like Hardrace or...
  17. J

Hi there Personally I wouldn't use BP,on Subaru this fuel caused lots of problems... I've always used like Tesco Momentum,which we are have mapped our EP3 which has run 382bhp or on the Subaru which has run 555.5bhp,this fuel has been great and in many cases we have better MPG on T99 than on...
  18. J

Springs vs coilovers

Hi there As above depends on more factors,but you need to decide which will be best Coilovers are great if you will choose good one,I've tried several coilovers on several cars and with some coilovers you will feel every pothole on the road,on some you will not feel anything,they will feel...
  19. J

Aem water/methanol

Hi there Really depends on target,but usually with WMI setup you will have lower ACT(Air Charge Temperature) and better knock resistance which is only good on supercharged or turbo cars.On NA cars WMI doesn't make such difference as on supercharged or turbo cars. Yes if you have loads of...
  20. J

Aem water/methanol

Hi there We've run on Subaru WMI(water Methanol Injection),we've run AEM WMI kit which has been very easy to fit and you should be able to fit this very easy and power gains 15bhp which is lot less than we are expected,when we are run only methanol in tank(15-20%) we are gained extra 40bhp WMI...
  21. J

Engine Rebuild

Hi there From personal experience and what I know,usually weakest point of the K20 engine are connecting rods,valve springs and headstuds,but to the degree how much power are thinking to run,if you are thinking to run somewhere in region of the 400bhp I would say you should be OK with stock...
  22. J

NOS kits?

Hi there Hard to say if I would recommend NOS on the Type R,although I've run NOS on our Subaru where NOS has been controlled via Syvecs ECU. Assume are you running Flashpro if yes then good news you can at least control the ignition timing to make nitrous safer via Flashpro,but still I would...
  23. J

fn2/ep3 injectors

H there They can run in different pressure,but they're both same size (310cc),those injectors should be OK for 240-250bhp,beyond that 440cc injectors I would suggest Hope this help Thanks,Jura
  24. J

Hi Andy As above you can buy sidewinder manifold,but you will need custom downpipe and not sure if TDI North selling this with downpipe and still you will need FMIC which needs to be modified,usually universal FMIC should be best bet Second option is you can go with K20 Log turbo...
  25. J

ep3 cat removed eml light on

Hi there As above please remove the decat and fit OE pipe. Usually when you fit decatted exhaust car is not running lean,but rich or richer,because this is down to the exhaust not intake If you will fit different intake manifold or any other intake mods then car will be running lean.... But...
  26. J

fn2/ep3 injectors

Hi there As above Loxy said,K20 injectors are same or if you want interchangeable,but I wouldn't fit larger injectors if you are don't have K-PRO or K100 or if you are not planning to get car mapped for those upgrades Larger injectors I would suggest only if you are planning to run...
  27. J

Hi-Spec 4 Pot kit for OEM ep3?

Hi Lewis Please have look on this thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93667-Ep3-big-brake-kit-fitment&p=1235193&viewfull=1#post1235193 I've posted there reply about the D2,AP and K-Sport,but here is reply what I've posted Here is quote of guy(John Felstead) who tested all...
  28. J

Hi there I'm bit surprised you are wrapped D2 discs,I've run similar discs(K-Sport) on our wagon and we are tracked our wagon and we are never have any issues with discs,pads that's different story,we are went via few of them Spoon monoblock,bit expensive choice,when for this price you can have...
  29. J

Hi there I would go down the route of the D2 6pots with 330mm and PF Z-rated pads,we are running D2 330mm with PF Z-Rated pads and this combo is awesome for day to day driving and too for track days,have run similar setup on the wagon which has run in excess 555.5bhp Agree about the AP,they're...
  30. J

Jdm antiroll bar or whiteline?

Hi there WhiteLine I would choose without the doubts,not sure if you can get Eibach ARB's for EP3 or RSX are same,but have run Eibach on our wagon and has been awesome ARB Hope this help Thanks,Jura
  31. J

I need new trailing arm bushes and front ball joints?

Hi there We are bought them in US,you can get Powerflex bushes cheaper here,Hardrace bushing cost here crazy money(full polybush kit is somewhere in region of the £450-£500),RCA or extended ball joints they cost around £150 You can check with Hardrace UK,but be aware they're expensive here in...
  32. J

Cruise control retrofit

Hi there Please have look on this older thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?64244-Aftermarket-cruise-control Thanks,Jura
  33. J

recommended discs/pads

Hi Haz I've run DS2500 on the our wagon and wagon run 555.5bhp with 520lb-ft and on our wagon those pads has been poor and mainly they after several months started to crack,due this we are went with Performance Friction pads,we are run DS2500 on EP3,they're OK,but they're very dusty(leaving the...
  34. J

Hi there If yours car is still standard then I would go with OE parts,but I would upgrade bushes at least to the Powerflex,they will make bit difference,polybushing the car can makes bit of difference And about the Ball joints,we are run RCA kit on our Subaru and there this transformed the car...
  35. J

Hi there Really depends,we are went with Powerflex bushes and Hardrace Extended Front ball joints,OE is still enough for most of the cars,everything depends if yours car is lowered or not etc Hope this help there Thanks,Jura
  36. J

DC5 rear control arm

Hi there You will need probably this 10pt socket,its Honda specific tool http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=1068&item=5366 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASER-5141-10pt-Socket-Honda-Civic-/400320948839 Hope this helps Thanks,Jura
  37. J

recommended discs/pads

Hi Haz Really depends on budget there,but usually I would go with best pads which you can get something like Carbon Lorraine RC5+,Pagid RS series,Performance Friction pads,but those pads I would recommend only if you are planning track days,for fast road driving,Brembo HP sport or Cosworth...
  38. J

which brake fluid?

We've used PF RH665 on our wagon and now we are using same fluid with D2 8pots,but above Motul RBF600 is good too,good brake fluid is essential if you are planning track days,for fast road is essential too,but if you are running some OE pads and discs you will never see any difference,you are...
  39. J

What brakes do you use & recommend?

Hi there I personally can recommend Performance Friction Z-rated pads which we are run on our Subaru with 555.5bhp,not sure if they're available for EP3,but if not then Carbon Lorraine RC5+ or DS2500 are great pads,but still I would choose PF pads or RC5+,and I would stay away from EBC,like...
  40. J

Where to buy exhausts from?

Agree as everything what are you buying from US,Japan and other companies which are not in EU you will need to pay VAT and import duty I've bought Spec C roof vent from Japanparts and I've paid for Import duty just £28,from RHDJapan I've bought WorksBell Paddle shifter and I've paid for import...
  41. J

Where to buy exhausts from?

Hi there I would speak with RHDJapan,I've used them in past and this company is in my view best with japanparts if you are looking for Japanese parts http://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-legalis-r-exhaust-muffler-honda-civic-type-r-ep3.html...
  42. J

EP3 struggling to start and bogging down

Agree on this and yes off course its only speculations as always. Fuel filter we are too replaced as pre-caution last month and injectors can cause this,if they're blocked or if they starting to fail But from personal experience,few months back we are got severe misfire when car started come...
  43. J

Fuel filter on EP3 is something which you shouldn't need to replace,those fuel filters are pretty robust and I've never seen them to fail,but yes can happen On this picture A is where is located fuel filter and part number is 17315S5A932 Thanks,Jura Idle valve/TPS and jerkiness when you...
  44. J

P0141 fault code

Yes there are lots of clips,which shouldn't be hard to get off,I would put car on the stands and do this on stands,better will be to go on the ramp Just be prepare to use lots of WD40,but usually shouldn't be hard to remove O2/Lambda sensor But still I would check wiring if its OK,sometimes...
  45. J

P0141 fault code

Hi there This error is P0141- O2 Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank Are you running decatted exhaust or are you running K-PRO? Yes its fairly DIY job,just I would recommend get the 22mm Lambda tool,this tool cost from Halfords around £9 Yes when you will buy new Lambda...
  46. J

Hi there I would check fuel pump and please check fuel sock too,clogged fuel sock can cause those issue and second bit which I would check are injectors if they're not clogged too,last bit which I would check are spark plugs,what spark plugs are you running ? When you last time changed plugs...
  47. J

best petrol ??

Hi there If car is not tuned or mapped then I would say,you should be OK to run regular unleaded fuel,but I would still run Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum T99,you will loose if you will be running 95RON,if you want to run 95RON then I would add Octane Booster to it Redex injector cleaner I...
  48. J

The Official Dyno Chart Thread - NO CHAT

Car: Honda Civic Type R EP3 Year: 2003 Miles: 112000 Wheel BHP: 324.9WHP Flywheel BHP: 382.2 @ 8,100 RPM Torque: 302lbft @ 5,500 RPM Modifications: RevHard Log manifold,Precision SC34,ID1000cc Injectors,2.5" Downpipe,2.25" Scorpion Catback Exhaust,Turbosmart 38mm External wastegate,3Bar MAP...
  49. J

EP3 Vibration at 70mph

Hi there I would have look on the wheels/alloys if they're properly balanced and please check if inside the alloys are spigot rings,if they're not fitted,you will be getting those vibrations and wheels with alloys are not balanced properly then you will and can get in higher speeds...
  50. J

best petrol ??

We are using Tesco 99 Momentum only or V-Power,we have good experience with those fuels,we are tried only once BP Ultimate and car has run like bags of nails,I wouldn't put to any performance car 95RON fuel or 97RON,if yes only 97RON with Octane booster Thanks,Jura
  51. J

Help please - noise at low end

Hi there Did you check hoses if they're attached or they're not split? Are you running different panel filter,some Panel filters like K&N,Green Cotton,Cosworth etc can have or can give you noise which you are describing Thanks,Jura
  52. J

Doing a frankinstien build need some info on cylinder head - block match ups

Hi there We are thinking go with K20A2 and Z4 head as Z4 heads from reports are best heads for Honda,plan is build "reliable" 600bhp K20 engine,but this depends on how far we can or we push standard K20 block Thanks,Jura
  53. J

Doing a frankinstien build need some info on cylinder head - block match ups

Hi there Please have look on those threads http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine-swaps-mounts-pulleys/203169-frank-build-k20-k24-civic-type-r-fn2-3.html http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine-swaps-mounts-pulleys/203169-frank-build-k20-k24-civic-type-r-fn2.html#post7881104...
  54. J

17x8

Hi there I would say,yes you should be able to squeeze them under arches,but still I would roll the arches at rear at least,in front not sure if this does help,we are rolled arches at front and rear,but we are running 225/40 R18 with 7.5JX18" ET38,when we are rolled arches,we are still got arch...
  55. J

Rusty Calipers

Hi there Those brakes which are rusty assume are back one/rear one ? If yes then I would at least check them as above if seals are OK and clean them,if seals are gone then,my suggestion is get pair of new one with new discs and pads,rebuilding the brake calipers is possible if you know how to...
  56. J

Injectors? Ticking

Hi there I wouldn't be worried about the injectors noise....Most of the injectors are noisy. We are running ID1000's injectors are they're pretty noisy too,friend in US running DW 1300's on his K20 and they're noisy like hell Thanks,Jura
  57. J

EP3 Arch lining / car lowering question

Hi there Off course it depends on the offset,but still if you are running small camber or pretty standard camber -1.0 at front and rear,all wheels will catch/rub,due this best way how to get rid is run higher negative camber above -2.00 and get arches rolled and possibly pulled out and I would...
  58. J

KPro + Turbo DIY

That's good news,when I've spoke with Hondata,they said,Traction Control is now only for FN/FD and maybe then they will be making this for EP3 and many others,but yes this should help with wheel spin on drag strip or day to day use,not sure,but good thing to have at least Thanks,Jura
  59. J

tegiwa vs has hi power

Agree HKS no longer making Hi Power Silent for EP3 or for Honda,its shame,because is best exhaust what we run and quietest,but we are now running Scorpion Exhaust which is very quiet at motorway driving etc,second exhaust what we are tried is Magnex which is not bad,very quiet,just bit...
  60. J

Ball joints

If car is very lowered(slammed) then you will need extended ball joints,without them handling never will be like on non lowered car,we run those ball joints(Bump/Roll centre kit called on Subaru) on our previous car and has transformed handling on the lowered car.With those ball joints you will...
  61. J

tegiwa vs has hi power

HKS for me there Have used HKS exhaust on my previous cars and they're been always awesome sounding exhaust although I would go with Hi-Power Silent if its possible,with this one we are been able pass every track day Thanks,Jura
  62. J

Rota's

Hi there Hard to say,but I've seen few EP3 which have fitted 8.5J ET44,but I'm not sure if you will be able fit them under arches without the serious arch work(Rolled arches and possible pulled arches too or wider arches/wings/fenders) and aggressive camber. Second option can be running low...
  63. J

RPB Brakes - Any experience?

Hi JK Speak with about the brakes Ian@Godspeed brakes http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/category.php?id_category=73 Same or similar discs please have look on those and they're cheaper too http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=192 Thanks,Jura
  64. J

What colour wheels for my milano red.....

We have too Milano red EP3 and Hyper black,Chrome Black suits the car,Bronze will looks very nice and as above quite rare(JDM) Thanks,Jura
  65. J

Not quite Honda

Thanks guy for kind comments,really appreciated I will try post the pictures of EP3,during the weekend,still is not finished and still lot more needs to be done Thanks,Jura
  66. J

EP3 Arch lining / car lowering question

Hi there You can get away with arch rolling,we are running on EP3 225/40 ZR18 without the issue,car is lowered on KW V2 Second I would recommend add bit more camber at front and at rear,we are running -1.4 at front and at rear -1.4,tyre wear will be OK,tyre wear can be issue if you will be...
  67. J

EP3 RevHard

Hi there We are running RevHard turbo lug manifold which has been perfect fitment as per our friend who fitted this kit on my brother EP3.I can only recommend turbo,I've tried only twice Jackson supercharger and I've been bit disappointed Really all depends on turbo which you want to run on...
  68. J

Not quite Honda

My name is Jura,I've been for few years with my brother owner of the our Subaru Impreza WRX wagon,its has been awesome car in one simple word Here are pictures of our pride and joy,sadly we are not longer owning this wagon as has been broken for parts few months back:( First stage of upgrades...
  69. J

Ep3 big brake kit fitment

Hi there Off course depends on pads,you can have best caliper on the market,but if you will be using sh1t pads then,then you can't expect miracles Multi pot brakes,this varies,take as instance K-Sport 8 pots,those brake calipers using same pads as AP 6pots,do they brake same or similar as AP...
  70. J

That's correct,but still not sure if they fit UKDM Type R knuckle/hub... Second bit which is concerning mostly me,are they better than stock brakes or Brembo,some people are happy,some are very disappointed with Wilwood Dynalite,really depends for what reason they're bought them,if they're...
  71. J

Hi there What I know,US Civic Si using 4 lug not 5 lug brake disc,Si have 4X100 and EP3 Type R 5X114.3,main difference is in disc size OE Si using 262mm discs and EP3 using 300mm,I'm just not sure if hubs are same or not,if yes then you will be able fit those Wilwood on yours EP3,but still you...
  72. J

KPro + Turbo DIY

Hi there Personally I would speak with John@Braveheart Developments,he is located at Edinburgh,he done turbo conversion for our EP3 and done lots of works on our EP3 like swirl pot setup,fuel return,braided lines etc.He is very knowledgeable and will help you with that without the questions,we...
  73. J

Upgrading tyres on ep3 facelift model

I wouldn't never put on my car anything what is called budget tyres...When we are bought the CTR,CTR has come with some Chinese tyres Linglong,those tyres are worst what we are tried,we are got spin in 4th in dry weather,in wet at 60mph braking has been poor. After much deciding we are went...
  74. J

Tegiwa Underdrive pulley?

Not sure,but similar claims are elsewhere on those solid pulleys set,take have look on Subaru where several manufacturers claiming 5-7bhp increase,I've never seen any increase with running solid pulley set,but I've seen few failures of the solid pulley set(on our previous car solid billet...
  75. J

Rear brake wear ?? Extreme

Hi there I would suspect caliper piston is sticking at rear,which is pretty normal there,I would try clean the rear caliper and check if piston is OK and if there are no leaks etc Thanks,Jura
  76. J

5 speed or 6? Help

Have look on this link,its gear ratio calculator,you can put there yours numbers and see if its worth to do so,in this link I've put gear ratios which are used on GEAR-X Race Set with 4.03 Final Drive,you can try yours setup or yours desired setup...
  77. J

Do-Luck or k&n

Just remember Do-Luck panel or cone filters have poor filtration,I would say they're on par with HKS I would go with K&N,I've used on my cars like on Subaru which has run 555.5bhp or on the EP3 Type R which is running turbo or on Megane F1 225,I've always used K&N,they have great filtration and...
  78. J

5 speed or 6? Help

This conversion I'm considering too,just due less gear changes and higher speeds in gears,this has been taken from K20 forum and mostly guys over on US forums running this setup on their boosted K20/K24 EP3 w/ 4.3 FD & TSX 6th as 5th 1st Gear :1 40.93MPH 2nd Gear :1 69.74MPH 3rd Gear :1...
  79. J

Turbo Project

Hi there You have lots of patience this I must admit,I know from personal experience how it is there Hopefully will be finished soon and you can enjoy it,good luck Thanks,Jura
  80. J

Advice needed on exhaust

What we are tried,loudest has been Buddy Club Spec IV(this has been on Subaru Impreza with 555.5bhp),we are been on Snetterton and didn't pass noise test,at 5000RPM we are hit 109.46 dB and this has been with external wastegate closed...With screamer and external wastegate open I would expect...
  81. J

Ceramic coating

Hi Chris Personally I would ceramic coat turbo exhaust housing,turbo downpipe and depends what turbo manifold you will be using cast iron manifold is OK and should withstand high temperatures or if you will go route of the sidewinder manifold which is bit better of fitting the turbo etc. Turbo...
  82. J

Ceramic coating

Hi Chris From personal experience I can recommend Ceramic Coating,not sure what they use,but Zircotec is best,I've used Zircotec on the turbo(MDX321T) on my Subaru Impreza and after running ALS or LC you can touch the exhaust housing without getting burns.But really depends on more factors if...
  83. J

Running in new piston rings

Hi there This really depends on the build and on the spec I would say at least. I know only run in/break in period on other cars/engines and mostly turbo cars and there is bit different run in/break in period,in short we are been advised to brake with engine(downshifting during the...
Back