• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

So I just had my 4th service and my dealer says one of my inner rear brake pads is down to 3 mm. I know the FK8 wears the rear pads out fairly quickly but how long roughly will I have until they need to be replaced? I do low miles. My car has done 18k since April 18, last year I did 3800 miles.
  2. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Anyone had issues with their FK8 A/C? Mine doesn’t seem to go very cold is this “normal”? My previous Type R’s got much colder. I have recently had what looks like steam coming out of the centre dash vents, anyone else has this. I think it’s just down to high humidity but not sure. My car is...
  3. Redcap

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Anyone had the Brembo lacquer start to peel on the front callipers? If so did Honda do anything about it under warranty?
  4. Redcap

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

Has anyone changed them and managed to do it without breaking the lower tab that’s hard to reach? I am struggling to get the caps off and I’d rather not break the tab if I can avoid it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  5. Redcap

FK8 Fake vent replacement.....?

So mostly everyone isn’t a fan of the fake vents, I’ve seen various ways that people have changed or modified them mainly in the US. I came across this picture which shows an interesting option I like the look of. Does anyone know who makes these? They don’t have the parking sensor so they are...
  6. Redcap

FK8 Alignment/Geometry

Anyone on here had their wheel alignment checked or adjusted? I’m mainly concerned with adverse tyre wear. There’s no other indication that my car is out of alignment other than the tyres wearing unevenly. Type R’s are know for having a higher wear rate on the inside edge of tyres which is...
  7. Redcap

FK8 Insurance ...

So it's that time of year again, I'm curious to know who you are insured with? And are you getting a good deal? Direct Line - £420 Full Comp, Full no claims etc + NCP Iv'e been quoted £380 upwards, I used to be with Sainsbury's Insurance on my DC5 which was super cheap @ £280 but they are...
  8. Redcap

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

As per the title, has anyone tried these on their FK8? Or other Type R? Bridgestone Potenza S001 245/30 R20 90 Y XL FR They are significantly cheaper than the Continental, Michelin and Goodyear options.
  9. Redcap

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

So I’ve not had the car very long but I’ve been considering what to do about the wheel and tyre set up on the FK8, I’m generally very careful with my wheels and I have managed to only rarely damage them. However the size of the standard wheels and the lack of rim protection from the Conti tyres...
  10. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Oil?

Sorry if this has been covered but what engine oil are FK8 owners using? I think i'm right in saying it's a fully synth 0W 20? Are you all sticking with the Honda oil? I guess a lot of people will have the 5 year service plan (as I do) so will be sticking with that for now?
  11. Redcap

FK8 Acuity Shifter Upgrades

Have any of you on here fitted any of the Acuity shifter upgrades? I haven’t fitted mine yet but I want to know how hard they are to fit and if there’s a marked improvement?
  12. Redcap

FK8 K&N Performance Air Filter?

Is it worth it? I have had K&N Filters in my other Type R’s and I haven’t really noticed any difference over the standard filter. Is the air filter changed every 3 years in the service schedule? What do the standard filters cost?
  13. Redcap

FK8 Anyone put FK2 Wheels on the FK8?

As per the title, has anyone gone for this option? Instead of aftermarket wheels? How do they look?
  14. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

Anyone fitted mud flaps to the FK8 and if so what product did you buy? It seems like the options available are quite limited. I would mainly like to fit them to prevent damage to the paint/body of the car.
  15. Redcap

S2000 Offset etc?

Anyone know what the Offset, PCD, Wheel Width etc is on the facelift S2's? standard 17's. :?
  16. Redcap

ROTA TORQUE GLOSS BLACK

Some quick pics :lol:
  17. Redcap

Cut slicks?

Cut slicks? where from and what Brand? Toyo's or Advan (Yoko) Advan (Yoko) felt very good on a DC5 I went in earlier :wink: These aren't for CTR but for DC5 should I be lucky enough to get one :smt006
  18. Redcap

DC2 DB8 DC5 Good price for a 51 plate 2001/2002 DC5?

Anyone got one to sell??? How much should I be paying for this spec? I know it's hard to say but what do you think? Covered 20k Miles Japan and UK FSH BITMA certificate 1 yearÂ’s warranty C-pack inc Privacy glass Start Button A/C climate control LSD HID/Xenon Lights Poss...
  19. Redcap

My Milano CTR30AE

There she is in all her glory :lol:
  20. Redcap

My New Wheels!!! KEI Velocity Bronze 18"

8) Finally on the Car :lol: Lovin the Bronze (Goldish) and Red and I never thought I would :shock: What's the Verdict? Very good, Very nice or That sucks balls?
Back