• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. SamCappo

Running On Low Oil

I paid 6k for it 2 months ago so the 500 quid profit wasn't worth it considering how much fun I'm having!
  2. SamCappo

Can someone listen to my engine/belt? Please :)

I found it mate thanks for your help. Its slap bang in the middle!!! Time to change the belt maybe? Or squeaky bearing in one of the pulleys? I live right by the sea, salt in the air something to do with it? Ridiculous comment but it's already eating into my break discs haha.
  3. SamCappo

Yeah oil is good now mate in line with the top marker. Any chance you could outline where the tensioner gauge is so I can check the position, thanks in advance Sam.
  4. SamCappo

I seem to have a noisy belt? Is this normal? Or could it be a result of running low on oil? As explained here - http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?95413-Running-On-Low-Oil Many thanks :) Type R engine noise: http://youtu.be/Y52v5cYHEhg
  5. SamCappo

Running On Low Oil

Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it! As I said it's all new to me owning a car like this, it's a bit of a learning curve! This car makes me so happy (ha gayyy) and i want to make sure i look after it, someone offered me 6,500 in cash for it the other day and I wouldn't part...
  6. SamCappo

Running On Low Oil

I've always had nearly new cars on service plans etc and none of them have been high performance. Never knew a car could burn so much oil haha!!!
  7. SamCappo

Running On Low Oil

Bottom of the dipstick pal. It runs okay, I had a moment of rattling with increased revs and loss of power but was very difficult to tell what it was because it was torrential rain and couldn't hear anything, this was shortly after I filled it back up with oil .Had no severe bangs or knocks...
  8. SamCappo

Running On Low Oil

I've never owned a performance petrol car before, thought I would check the oil after hearing some wierd noises for the first time in 7 weeks and I was near enough empty ! Absolute cock up on my behalf, I didnt know a car could burn so much oil, I've done about 1800 miles since I picked it...
  9. SamCappo

Exhaust Advice

Yeah that's not a bad shout loxy! I'll keep my eyes open for one ;)
  10. SamCappo

AVIVA Saved Me £££££

Shame mate but worth a try :)
  11. SamCappo

Exhaust Advice

Thanks for the response pal, I know it's a wierd question! I just don't want it to detriment the performance of the car and bring the value down in the long run. Its difficult to pinpoint any pros/cons of having it because never driven an ep3 before this one let alone one with a stock exhaust...
  12. SamCappo

Exhaust Advice

Hi, My car is fitted with a stainless steel exhaust from www.tonybanks.co.uk - It was fitted by the previous owner and I love the noise it makes but was wondering if there are any benefits of having it other than noise??? I'm thinking about going back to a stock exhaust. I'm a sucker for...
  13. SamCappo

AVIVA Saved Me £££££

Yeah man I'm chuffed with it! 250 is dirt cheap mate, I near enough paid that per month for my first car haha!
  14. SamCappo

AVIVA Saved Me £££££

I don't work for Aviva I promise, i'm just so happy with my premium I thought I would share it with you! I've just bought an EP3 and as I do with all new cars I put my quote into confused.com having used them for the last 5 years. I've been driving for 5 years with 5 years NCB - I live in...
  15. SamCappo

Noise issue - grinding/squirting/rattle

UPDATE I've just filled up my tank with fuel and the noise has all but dissapeared, it's still there when shifting gear but much much quieter. I know it sounds ridiculous but has this ever been mentioned before!?? Thanks again to anyone that helps :)
  16. SamCappo

Thanks for the feedback lads I appreciate it! I was with family last Monday in Bolton, it's also where I bought the car from and only a half hour from Leyland! Shame I'm back in Cornwall now. There's a garage near by called SS motors, I'm confident the owner Shane is a massive vtec fan, he's...
  17. SamCappo

Hissing!!! That's the word i've been looking for! A 'hissy grind' ? ****ing cars indeed
  18. SamCappo

Good news about your chain! I've heard clutch and bearing issues can get quite expensive when they go, but also that the noise has come back after the works been done. The noise i'm experiencing is a wierd one though and doesn't mirror other peoples descriptions of noises related to those...
  19. SamCappo

I'm not short of money, but I don't want to pay a mechanic over the odds for him to tell me it's fine if that makes sense! Thanks for your help, Jim. Cue Loxy?
  20. SamCappo

Haha! Mileage is 70,000 mate with two owners - is it worth getting it looked at?
  21. SamCappo

Mrs comes up to me before - "Sam why have you been googling grinding and squirting, who's ep3?" hahaha
  22. SamCappo

Hi, I picked my ep3 up on Monday, all seems well except when I'm off the power doing reasonably high revs in a lower gear I get a wierd noise which goes when I press in the clutch. It happens when I'm on the throttle lightly also. It's not an agressive loud noise and there is no noise when...
Back