• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DaveF1

FK2 Factory Alloys - Alu or Mag and the myths

Does anybody know a place in the north west area (I'm based in Chester) who can safely refurbish OEM fk2 wheels? Mine aren't that bad but the odd scuff on 3 out of the 4 wheels that I have touched up is annoying, plus Honda's paint job is very poor. Normally I would take to the wheel...
  2. DaveF1

FK8 Deposit down!

Lots of reviews slating the way the fk8 type R looks. I think it looks really good. Visually it has that same hard core presence of the FK2 which i loved. Sounds like a great car Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  3. DaveF1

FK2 Why we'll miss the FK2 Type R - TOP GEAR

Yeah agreed. Nice article that, it encapsulates exactly what the civic is about and why i love to drive it so much. Also shows how rare the fk2 type R will be in a few years Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  4. DaveF1

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I quite like it. Love the fact it has a comfort mode as my FK2 is a bit to hardcore for pottering about town. Will need to see it in the metal before i know for sure if i like it or not. I love my FK2 as i dont do a lot of miles in it. I have another car for the mundane stuff so the FK2 feels...
  5. DaveF1

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

My brakes squeaked a bit after 6 months. But just recently they squeak really bad. Just as bad as my old evo as it is really load. I give it a blast up a national speed limit road and braked hard 3 times when the road was clear. It cured it for the rest of the drive home but I'm sure it will be...
  6. DaveF1

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

I use my fk2 as a special car to drive on my days off and for occasional use a d I love it. What I can say is for fun driving on twisty country roads it's really good. Plenty quick and very grippy. The harder you drive it the better it gets. It always has that 'sense of occasion' feeling to...
  7. DaveF1

FK2 Is this a special edition fk2 type R?

Seen this on fb. Is this a special edition?? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  8. DaveF1

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Strange colour. Described as polished metal. Must be a wrap... Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  9. DaveF1

FK2 Intersting test CTR vs Rs

Oh no my 3 cousins are RS mad they love their ford's and evo's. I was very tempted by the mk3 RS myself. What it shown me was that I bought the right car for me. Very happy with my decision. Type R looks better and goes better too. One of my cousins drove my car and loved it. He said he feels...
  10. DaveF1

My Type-R #3 - Milano FN2

I love this car. Looks brilliant imo. Good find Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  11. DaveF1

Interestingly the type r performance is identical to a revo stage 3 mk2 focus RS running 390 bhp. There is no denying the fact the RS revo 3 has more grunt but the type R just deploys it's power more consistently and efficiently and uses all of what it has. The focus looked a battle to drive but...
  12. DaveF1

I revved up a new mk3 RS the other day. Sounded good but nowhere near as loud as I thought. Only pops in sport and track mode when you lift off sharpish at beyond 4.5 - 5.5k revs. Quite a fake synthesised sound but nice non the less. I can also confirm that in the real world from a rolling...
  13. DaveF1

Yes just have 1 on each rear quarter. But front bumper lip has loads. I look after my car and I hate stuff like this. Think a lot of them were caused following the blue mk2 RS on the motorway a few days ago. Really annoying. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  14. DaveF1

Gave my car a good clean the other day as was going to meet my cousins in their RS's. Noticed that the front bumper and bonnet have lots of paint chips already. Only done 4k miles. Anyone else noticed this? Paint seems super thin Some pics from the day; Sent from my SM-G928F using...
  15. DaveF1

FK2 Pipercross Panel Filter

Haha yeah but does not hurt to plan ahead and get everything now [emoji1] When I went 2 months ago they had loads in stock and fitted it for free. Ring them and ask. Unless it's too far away then demons is OK too Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  16. DaveF1

I got mine from Tdi north near Warrington Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  17. DaveF1

Yeah agreed. Easy to fit and much improved sound and noticeable throttle responce improvement.Worth every penny that filter Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  18. DaveF1

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Just seen this. Good increase in torque from the resonated cat back system Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  19. DaveF1

Does it pop? Sounds like a little one on the vid Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  20. DaveF1

Yeah I would appreciate some sound clips :) I will be getting a cat back system very soon. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  21. DaveF1

FK2 Superchips fk2 map.... any good?

Spoke to tdi north today. Apparently their cone filter and intake sounded brilliant and they were very happy with it. Unfortunately there was too many sensors on the fk2 and MAF sensor could not handle the amount of air and was throwing it into limp mode at 4k revs. However he also assured me...
  22. DaveF1

Just purchased a pipercross filter at tdi-north. Didn't expect much from a foam filter for £37. But actually makes a difference. Revs much smoother and keener and induction note is noticeably louder. The 'whooshing' let off noise is much louder too (whooshing is a technical term :) ) Very...
  23. DaveF1

I think the golf r estate looks brilliant as does the Leon fr estate. But both are quite pricey Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  24. DaveF1

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

No way that is not normal Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  25. DaveF1

Yeah but no rear seats or armrest and less sound proofing. It only weighs 1285kg! Very light. Do this to the type r and it will be even quicker. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  26. DaveF1

After hearing the milltek race system again and in conjunction with a good power gain I'm tempted by the milltek again ... I keep changing my mind ahhhhhhhh Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  27. DaveF1

Wow that's a good gain for just a cat back if it's true. I wouldn't have expected that. I thought those types of gains were only possible with a full de-cat system. Goes to show just how restrictive the standard system is [emoji53] Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  28. DaveF1

Ah ok Thanks. Would just a cat back produce more power and a good sound? I know it may sound a daft question but in the past I have only ever gone the full hog and replaced the whole system and gone with no cat at all. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  29. DaveF1

FK2 Am I being blagged

I didn't get a honda teddy bear !!!! ...... on a serious note though, I now know what that white plastic tool is for, thanks Loxy! Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  30. DaveF1

I had a russ fellows exhaust on my last car and cousin has it on had it on his evo 8 and still has one on his evo 10. He will customise it to how you want to to look and they have always sounded great. He too is based on Chester and prices are very reasonable and quality is amazing. Just don't...
  31. DaveF1

Yeah I am put off by the cobra exhaust as I too don't believe they will be very good quality. I only want to use the best materials really. I heard too that the remus involves having to drill into the chassis to fit the electronic valve control unit. This puts me off a bit tbh. Sent from my...
  32. DaveF1

That's a good point, iv never thought about the fact the factory map is a standardised map for all cars produced and not specific to the car either. I really want to get a map and filter and exhaust asap but I want a good map and a exhaust that looks standard ish and sounds great. Just don't...
  33. DaveF1

That fk2 looks brilliant I had a stage one machine polish done to mine and had gyeon mohs+ applied and it looked great. But I think this looked better. Amazing results Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  34. DaveF1

My cousin has just told me about a superchips map. It's available for 399 plus vat and labour. I have a dealer in chester just down the road. 54bhp increase and 115nm of torque increase (up to 380lbs ft from 295). I'm quite tempted. However I'm not sure about these one for all engine maps. Are...
  35. DaveF1

FK2 Fuel for FK2

Personally I always use shell v-power. I think this is best for performance engines I think if you read the post on page 2 of the honda manual it explains why you should use higher octane. 95 is OK but if you only use standard fuel all the time is can result in engine damage in the long term...
  36. DaveF1

FK2 Help with curbed wheels

Fk2 wheels search out for kerbs and leap out at them as you try to manoeuvre/park. I haven't kerbed a wheel in years. Iv kerbed the ctr 4 times. Only minor marks which have been touched up with paint pen but it's annoying to say the least. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  37. DaveF1

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

Yep mine squeak too. Normal this mate with brembos Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  38. DaveF1

FK2 Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

Looks brilliant mate. You won't be disappointed. Love the grey too. Bet you can't wait :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  39. DaveF1

Rob's CW FK2

Car look brilliant mate Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  40. DaveF1

Hmm I think performance wise the evo would nudge it unless it was anything but sunny and warm outside. But tbh they are different cars. The civic feels very different to drive. I love both cars. I'm gate crashing a evo meet with some of my old friends from the lancer register website this week...
  41. DaveF1

What page is this? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  42. DaveF1

Wow that looks exceptionally shiney. Bet you can't wait! Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  43. DaveF1

It's the new civic type R that is out towards the end of 2017. The current shape civic has been around for a while so is due for a change. Not sure if that particular model is coming to the UK though Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  44. DaveF1

FK2 New Type R performance?

Totally agree with Loxy in that once on the move the type R is rapid in a straight line, but sometimes finds it difficult to put power down from standstill. A 4wd car would be quicker from a standing start. Not sure if this will help explain about how the civic feels in terms of power but I...
  45. DaveF1

Car looks good lox. Fuel consumption wise on short journeys or driving hard mine is the same- 21-25mpg. On motorways cruise though it is really good. I drove from Chester to Stockport and back and it averaged 42mpg. That's almost diesel economy. It can be really good on fuel if you drive...
  46. DaveF1

Agree.... the focus will be quite a car :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  47. DaveF1

Yeah best I got was mats and half a tank of fuel Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  48. DaveF1

I purchased mine at warrington. Dealer was really good and professional. No messing about and delivered on their promise. Congrats on making a good choice Loxy. Milano red is a great colour. Seen it in Warrington when I picked my car up. Was one in the showroom was brilliant Sent from my...
  49. DaveF1

Lovely motor mate looks great Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  50. DaveF1

FK2 Nw Honda Civic Wheel Woes

Haha this makes me chuckle.... Hope your enjoying your new freshly painted wheels [emoji1] Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  51. DaveF1

Are they painting them? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  52. DaveF1

Probably the wrong forum for saying this but..... I think ford are pretty good now. They have really improved in the last 10 years or so. The focus is a really good quality car imo. I think the RS will be a great car. Personally I prefer the look of the type r hence why I bought one. In terms of...
  53. DaveF1

Another happy BMW owner in the end lol. It is a massive shame this has happened to people. I love my civic it's a great fun car but I can see how this is going to ruin the experience for some people. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  54. DaveF1

Cars looks brilliant mate. Lovely detail on that [emoji1] Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  55. DaveF1

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

I would test them both and go for the one you truly want regardless of how long you have to wait. I know in this instance both are going to arrive around the same time, but it should not matter how long you have to wait as long as you get the car you actually want to drive and own. Waiting can...
  56. DaveF1

I've had some lads in an AMG pull into the petrol station when they didn't need fuel just to take some pictures. One lad stopped his car on a main road whilst I was parked to ask my how it drove. The scariest though was driving passed chester racecourse when I police bike pulled me up. I...
  57. DaveF1

My colleague at work has the 235i only 3 weeks old and looks nice. He has shown me the milltek system vid it does sound really good. What I would say though is when our cars are parked next to each other in the car park the Fk2 looks so much better imo Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  58. DaveF1

Yes Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  59. DaveF1

Thanks for the info. I have kerbed one alloy already! It's not that bad just needs a slight touch up but sounds like it will be difficult to refurb if it was damaged. Not good for a road car wheel really. I have contacted honda about mirror link which does not work on the car so I will ask...
  60. DaveF1

Good to know your dealer has been supportive in the issue though. Was yours same as mine- Warrington? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  61. DaveF1

What is the app called? Might try that one ... Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  62. DaveF1

Checked mine today after a wash and yes I have the exact same issue on all 4 wheels. Strange how they are not painted properly behind the spokes. Poor really for a 30k+ car Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  63. DaveF1

Basically with pcp you are paying the depreciation of the car monthly with interest on top. Cars that hold values well will be cheaper per month as you will be borrowing less as the car will be worth a lot still at the end of the term. There is no cheap way to buy any new car unless you pay...
  64. DaveF1

FK2 CBR1000RR Fireblade vs New Civic Type R

That bike was rapid ! Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  65. DaveF1

Yeah i agree with what your saying i dont think the performance difference will be massive in the real world. In a straight line i think the M3 would have the edge but around corners i think the civic would claw back some time. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  66. DaveF1

Yeah quite right Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  67. DaveF1

I am back driving my evo 6 at the moment (i am currently in the process of writing the for sale advert for evo) whilst the type r is being detailed. After driving the civic all week iv gotta say that the civic feels quite underpowered in comparison to the evo. But then again the evo is modified...
  68. DaveF1

I didnt get a parcel shelf Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  69. DaveF1

Pioneer AVH and Andriod.... AppRadio Help

There are some apps like car-link which you can get on the google play app. Didnt work for me personally with honda's system and my samsung but does work with others. Worth a look Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  70. DaveF1

Yeah the polished metal looks lovely. Should hide the dirt and swirl marks better than black too whilst still looking quite stealthy. The problem with black is trying to keep it clean. Im going to be very busy lol Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  71. DaveF1

Anybody know how to use the mirror link feature on a samsung galaxy s6 edge? I cant get it working with the honda system. It says its not compatible. I tried a few apps with no joy. Shame as i thought i could mirror the sat nav on my phone screen to the honda screen and have nav haha. I...
  72. DaveF1

W
  73. DaveF1

In the showroom there was a nice red one too. This was the colour i thought i would buy Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  74. DaveF1

Not yet no. Alot of attention though. One man in a beemer nearly crashed his car around a roundabout haha Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  75. DaveF1

Few more pics after 100 miles Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  76. DaveF1

Picked up my new Type R last week and im loving it! Handles really well and i love the way the car feels and looks. Sorry the pics are late had a busy week: Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  77. DaveF1

Speaking of black ctr's I get to pick mine up in 4 hours :D can't wait! Like a little kid Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  78. DaveF1

Omg I wish I'd have seen this broader ordering mine. I went on 4 different broker sites and was only offered list price with free mats and fuel from one dealer. I would cancel but I was told today I can collect my car on Thursday :) so don't want to go back to waiting again lol Sent from my...
  79. DaveF1

Yeah black cars are awful to keep clean. It's will be my first ever black car, as iv always avoided this colour in the past. I have arranged for the car be treated with gyeon q2 MOHS+ the day of collection to help give it a bit of protection
  80. DaveF1

I was initially told delivery would be October/November. However got an email last week saying it has moved forward and could be here end of September! I'm not relying on that though I can't see it being that quick. Only ordered 2 weeks ago
  81. DaveF1

Help needed with removal of swirling/light scratches on my black FN2 CTR

This may be a bit late but you need to polish the car with a finishing polish. A compound polish will take out marks but can dull paint. Use a finishing polish like menzerna re302 or RE then apply black hole afterwards. It will be as good as new
  82. DaveF1

Got one ordered :) Hi guys I'm new to the forums so thought I'd give my 2pence worth. Test drove the new type R 2 weeks ago. Seen a black one in the showroom and another parked outside. I loved the colour as as it really complemented the shape of the car in my opinion and glossed over some of...
Back