• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. mdowlut

Bye FK8, hello i8

:lol: Well the i8 is my new daily driver
  2. mdowlut

Bye FK8, hello i8

Mostly because the i8 is full of technology and £0 road tax and amazing mpg
  3. mdowlut

Bye FK8, hello i8

The technology inside this car is amazing and it drives amazing. 4 years old and still looks relevant by today's standards
  4. mdowlut

Bye FK8, hello i8

Thank you! :o
  5. mdowlut

Bye FK8, hello i8

So decided it was time to part ways with the FK8 after only 3 months of ownership. Change came about due to an long-term injury to my leg which makes manuals harder for me right now. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the new ride:
  6. mdowlut

AIB Insurance

Hello and welcome, I'm looking for a quote for a new vehicle so will be calling you in the morning :)
  7. mdowlut

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

Mine too. Loving it so much more than my FK2. Easier to daily, and fun round the bends :p
  8. mdowlut

New to Honda with my FK8

Welcome, loving the car & garage size
  9. mdowlut

FK8 Quality issues

I find the brake squeal on my FK8 to be a lot better than my FK2 was, that car used to screech.
  10. mdowlut

FK8 Goodbye my beloved black edition :'( , hello FK8

Can you recommend anywhere to get a decent PPF fitted?
  11. mdowlut

Definitely wish I had a garage :(
  12. mdowlut

:lol::lol: so the missus cant get me, yeah I have a faraday bag, disklock, CCTV and more :P
  13. mdowlut

Well actually its kinda lucky I live on a super busy road, always busy day & night. Not much opportunity to steal unnoticed, also there is always someone at home.
  14. mdowlut

Yeah I have a few tricks up my sleeve for security, and my area is very low crime rate + police patrol this road heavily at night
  15. mdowlut

Absolutely love it :p
  16. mdowlut

Yeah, here's some closer pics
  17. mdowlut

This is true, haha forgot that!
  18. mdowlut

The car was first registered 30/09/17 yeah championship white FK8s have a black section on the rear wing. With the carbon pack, that black middle section that connects the wings is made of carbon that has a red detailing. Collecting Friday morning so ill post close up pics for everyone to see.
  19. mdowlut

Yeah i'm going to miss the noise, had a b-pipe on my FK2 which i'm removing to sell, and it was a lady who ordered the FK8 but never showed for collection, apparently she lost a ton of money on it after cancelling.
  20. mdowlut

So I've been struggling since December after seeing the FK8 in person at my first service. The reviews are great, the car looked a lot lot lot better in person than in pictures (I originally hated the look) and since my current FK2 is my daily, I really wanted something that could manage the...
  21. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Is that yeomans in Guildford? How much did they quote you for a PX? And did you get a deal on the FK8
  22. mdowlut

FK2 Front Valence and bumper

Yeah wind deflectors get scraped all the time. But that literally can't be helped. I checked the tyre pressures and they were a bit low. Sorted everything out and the ride feels nicer already
  23. mdowlut

FK2 Front Valence and bumper

Hey guys. I noticed I keep picking up scratches under the bumper, everytime there's an incline in the road, I hear it rubbing. I know the damage isn't visible unless you put your head to the floor and look underneath. Do the majority of you just ignore issues like this? Would it be worth getting...
  24. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Maybe they started from weird numbers, maybe used left over plaques from previous SE type R's
  25. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Thanks guys, been enjoying the car so much haven't had time to post. How do you all deal with speed bumps / car parks where you have to go up/down steep ramps. I feel like the bottom of the car would get scratched. Noticed a plastic flap underneath the car behind the bumper. Sometimes I hear...
  26. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Brilliant, thanks very much!
  27. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

So finally got it today! Here are a few pictures: Also a question for all you type r veterans out there, how do I enable automatic folding mirrors when I lock the car? I can press the button inside to fold them before I leave the car and the mirrors open when I start the...
  28. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Wow lucky on that price! 24k in good nick with 4 years servicing, bargain to be honest. Probably running costs put him off, it is a expensive car to care for if you want to keep it looking show room fresh
  29. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

I wanted to buy one directly from Honda not privately. I did have a look at a few other cars at different show rooms with 1-2k miles but this one had super low milage and was in perfect condition. Literally not a single flaw. Couldn't even see a stone chip which is why I went for this particular...
  30. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Surprisingly I'm paying nearly full price for my FK2 , £32k on the dot. The car had 19 miles on the clock and was immaculate when i first inspected it a month ago
  31. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

I'll have a thorough check, also the car is ex demonstrator and they might try to blame it on the fact it wasn't listed as a new vehicle
  32. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Did you kidding off about those ring scratches? Yeah they are crafty, i called them out on the reg date and now they said come Saturday for collection
  33. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Yes, its at the dealership, already test drove it and inspected it before I put money down on it
  34. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Hey guys anyone have an opinion on this: So I was contacted yesterday by the Honda dealership, the dealer said that unfortunately I would not be able to collect the Type R until next Wednesday (collection was originally scheduled for this Thursday the 6th). They stated the reason as the car...
  35. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Guess they just picked random plaques, oh well. Collecting the car next Thursday, can't wait!
  36. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

I plan to keep it for years and years. I always wanted to own one from new, especially since my ep3 had 118k on the clock when i bought it. Mind you i don't drive much so when my PCP is up and i have the option to purchase the car should only have around 15k on the clock
  37. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Believe me I can't wait. I've had nothing but boring cars since I sold my astra vxr 3 years ago. So looking forward to this!
  38. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

They said pretty much the same things as Loxy said when I called them. I'm still happy to take delivery of the car but I am a little disappointed that there's so many special editions out there.
  39. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

It is a bit annoying. I wish I knew before I bought the car, otherwise would have got a cheaper normal FK2. Oh well, collecting the car on 6th April so I'll mention it to the dealership then.
  40. mdowlut

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Hey there. So from what I've read, there should only be 100 of these black edition cars produced?. My car however has a number SE-0399. I bought it from Honda directly, can anyone explain this? I linked a picture so you guys can see.
Back