• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Goodbye my beloved black edition :'( , hello FK8

Very nice...love all the carbon bits (but not the price:D)
Feel a bit nervous for you if that is where the car normally lives..hope you have some extra security in mind.

What, having it on a drive? We all don't have a garage! Gotta get on with it

What, having it on a drive? We all don't have a garage! Gotta get on with it

http://www.securitybollardsdirect.co.uk/security-bollards.html

wpbb1c6fd0_06.jpg

Yes,that's something I would do in that situation.
...and I wouldn't call parked on a house front next to the pavement "on a drive".

When I get my fk8 it will be secure at home,but I agree you have to risk it leaving it in public places sometimes or you would never use it.
I think GAP insurance is called for.
The most stolen car at the moment I believe is the S3...let's hope the fk8 doesn't top it.

Well actually its kinda lucky I live on a super busy road, always busy day & night. Not much opportunity to steal unnoticed, also there is always someone at home.

They can't steal the car without keys, your key for the bollard will likely be on the same keyring so they aren't really worth their salt. It just adds extra time they'll spend on your property.

The bollard will only stop the tow truck attempt which doesn't really happen these days or the remote relay equipment attack.

Invest in some good quality CCTV, hand over your keys if you're faced with a gun/knife/hammer/bat but otherwise enjoy your cars...

Well said

Do get a faraday pouch though for your keys, blocks the signals....plus whack your phone in there as well and the missus can't get hold of you

Well said

Do get a faraday pouch though for your keys, blocks the signals....plus whack your phone in there as well and the missus can't get hold of you

:lol::lol: so the missus cant get me, yeah I have a faraday bag, disklock, CCTV and more :p

They want it they will get it, you could be watched for weeks to get your routine, driveway thefts, car jackings, house theft the list is endless.
It's not really worth the worry, yes a total ballache but not the stress, get a disclok steering lock and enjoy the car. I've got cctv and one year I had the windows wide open and the local pot heads spotted the cameras in the window which led them to pee about around the car just to annoy me, now I have the windows closed and enjoy a decent nights kip

Mine is parked on the street as I don't even have a driveway! Most days passers by take photos etc, but that's fine with me now I've got used to it.

Car looks great, do like the carbon spoiler a lot.

Love the Carbon Fibre, I couldn't justify the extra cost. I would also put some clear protective film on any exposed carbon fibre that is likely to get chipped. Once the clearcoat is chipped it starts looking poor.

Definitely wish I had a garage :(
I am lucky enough to have one and use it all the time without fail.
It is surprising how many people have garages then don't use them...either preferring to use it as extra storage or simply too lazy to put the car in.

Love the Carbon Fibre, I couldn't justify the extra cost. I would also put some clear protective film on any exposed carbon fibre that is likely to get chipped. Once the clearcoat is chipped it starts looking poor.

Can you recommend anywhere to get a decent PPF fitted?

Back