• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. K

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

What I wanted to see. Golf is disappointing as expected and the Type-R did really well, considering it's a short track and wet. The Yaris had the upper hand as the Type-R was on the Bridgestones. Not a bad tyre but no PS4S. Being almost a second faster in those conditions, I'll take that...
  2. K

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

3 years later I thought I'd revive this. Lots happened in that 3 years, mainly my workplace moving 50 miles back home and me buying a house. Type-R is back on the table. I know the facelift is just out so won't be meant deals out there but what are standard figures people are getting? Think I...
  3. K

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

I'm finding this too. The US have really embraced the Type-R and doing loads. The UK seems pretty quiet. Even finding places to get wheels that stock decent offsets is hard
  4. K

New tyres

They aren't that much. Someone wrote up how much they cost including tyres, respray in black and alignment. It's about $550 a wheel
  5. K

New tyres

Seen a few on US sites do it but has anyone in the UK got NSX wheels yet? When the time comes I'll probably go OZ Racing Alleggerita's in an 18
  6. K

FK8 So far a good decision

Had a test drive of an M140i after I'd all but convinced myself that's what I definitely wanted next and next car had to be RWD. While it was quick I didn't get on with it in the corners. Probably because the other RWD car I have regular access to, a GT86 has a LSD so feels so much better...
  7. K

Where did you get it for £221.56/mth? Was there a part ex too?
  8. K

Sounds like someone who bought an FK2 just before the FK8 was launched. I'd have been happy with an FK2 but then I drove the FK8 and now I have to have one. Means I'll have to save a bit more but since I keep cars for 3yrs+ and a car like that with so much potential I could see me keeping 5-8yrs...
  9. K

FK8 What and when to buy?

I've yet to see any real deals/no one talks about them. Few early demo ones are under £30k now but that's all. There's always an offer on a Golf R/M140i/RS but I'm guessing the Type-R is still too new? Hopefully by March a few deals may come up
  10. K

FK8 First TD in FK8 - any pointers?

Any cooling issues i'd say were climate related. Places in the US like Arizona get really hot in the Summer, far hotter than we'd ever see in the UK.
  11. K

That sounds great!
  12. K

I'm keeping an eye on them, some are below £30k already. I'm hoping come March there will be more about and more of a chance for a deal. Not sure if it's a Japanese manufacturer thing but they don't tend to have decent offers on the hot stuff.
  13. K

But hybrid to rear wheels instead so at corner exit it's 4wd, corner entry fwd
  14. K

Shark Stage 2 running 282bhp, 430NM with better intercooler, downpipe, intake and filters. A K04 Turbo would see well over 350bhp safely if I wanted it but it's Type-R next for me as it's got even more potential.
  15. K

Put another set of PS4 on the front of my vRS and got 6k out of them. Power level is similar to they Type-R and always driven hard. I can live with that
  16. K

FK8 What and when to buy?

Prices are dropping as expected. Most are the 17 plate demo's which is fine. Seen a few 67 plates, wasn't one red one someone here rejected for paint issues? I'm hoping by March there will be some deals. That's when I'm aiming to buy one
  17. K

FK8 Motor Trend Ignition Type-R Review

Well doesn't the Focus RS look a bit silly! :lol::lol::lol: And only a few tenths off an M2 that's got almost 70bhp more and a DCT gearbox. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVZvQJsqdQ
  18. K

FK8 Spooky

19. K

FK8 Spooky

I was there 2 years ago for the Grand Prix, went to the Honda showroom too to see Asimo. That road in Akihabara is closed to traffic on weekends so people can walk about.
  20. K

He's probably the fastest on his local touge, easily beating all the young ones.
  21. K

FK8 Quality issues

The Type-R is in the States for the first time and a manual and now we see more gearbox issues. I'd be tempted to say user error as lots in the US can't/don't drive manual regularly, let alone heel and toe which is why it has the rev match feature. But in the UK we tend to get on with and and...
  22. K

Went into my dad's local dealer for another look at it and the salesman came over, wanting to do figures, value my part ex, even though it wouldn't have been used as he did a quote for PCP. 3yrs at 12000 miles he had for £500 down and about the same again per month. The part ex quote was a joke...
  23. K

Also running costs with the exception of the tyres being a bit more being that they are 20"s I think the running costs should be the same for me as my current car.
  24. K

Only once I've every bought a brand new car outright and that was when Skoda had the No VAT offer so made sense to do it, kept it 4yrs and didn't lose that much as I got my money's worth out of it. My issue with PCP is I like to own my cars so if I want to modify I can. But then for the first...
  25. K

Since these are still brand new, are most of you getting these on PCP or old car as a decent deposit and cash the rest? I'm seriously tempted and the test drive was great I just need to see if the maths work. I've never PCP'd and always gone cash, although I could loan the difference this time...
  26. K

Even my Skoda's have done this in the same situation. Tends to happen when at a constant speed for a bit.
  27. K

I found this on test drive. It's so happy bimbling about but also very happy to go very quickly with not much effort. I chained a few corners together, exited the last one onto a decent straight, caught a car and overtook it where I glanced at a speed several leptons more than I was expecting...
  28. K

FK2 Running Costs & Consumables

That's good to know. I'm coming from a Stage 2 tuned Octavia vRS running about 280bhp. Conti's in my experience grip well but don't last long, almost going off a cliff at 3mm. I've run Michelin PS4's since they've come out and loved them. Fuel wise seems to be the same as what I get now running...
  29. K

FK2 Running Costs & Consumables

Hi, Wanted to find out more about what these are like to run as a daily, how long decent tyres last, how good is it on fuel (know it's not about that with these but would be nice to know) and how long do other consumables last (brake pads, etc). Are parts prices reasonable? I drove an FK2...
Back